Arrangement Contest No. 7 - Brainstorming

Started by FierceDeity, May 09, 2015, 01:43:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What would you like to see as this contest's theme?

JUST the "making songs happier" idea
5 (50%)
JUST the "limited orchestration" idea (idk how that'd actually work)
2 (20%)
Both ideas, WITH THEIR POWERS COMBINED
2 (20%)
The "limited orchestration" idea, but in combination with another theme
0 (0%)
Solo with optional accompaniment
0 (0%)
Something else, all of these ideas suck
1 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: May 13, 2015, 06:23:06 PM

FierceDeity

Quote from: Olimar12345 on May 10, 2015, 07:12:16 PM^Don't worry about it if you're not a percussionist.

(he actually is, if I'm remembering correctly :P)
Though in that case, a single pitched instrument would make more sense. Marimba solo, vibes solo, etc.

Quote from: Olimar12345 on May 10, 2015, 07:12:16 PMAnd we've already done a solo and three mood-inverse themed contests. I think form and instrumentation would be more interesting things to center the next one around.

Though we've already done a form one, too, so that area's kinda tied with "number of instruments" for how many times we've done it haha. And Idk, my concern is that specifying exact instrumentation alienates people less familiar with that instrumentation, and same with form (theme and variations was a vaguely neutral one, but most others would be a little harder to pick up). A lot of forms might be more or less difficult to pull off depending on the original piece, too; sonata form, for example, what if there isn't really a viable second theme to work with? (obviously you could extrapolate one from the first theme, but again that's a little alienating of a process)

tl;dr those things would be really cool, but kinda difficult to pull off imo

Bespinben

Quote from: Olimar12345 on May 10, 2015, 07:12:16 PMAlso, I'm always down to ms paint some prize sig images xD

Product testimonial:

You know you want it...
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

FierceDeity

^^ and this isn't in your signature why? XD

Bespinben

Quote from: FierceDeity on May 10, 2015, 07:52:06 PM^^ and this isn't in your signature why? XD

I have other means to vaunt my glory...

MaestroUGC

Oh sure, they let you get away with that, but I can't post my Beatles references? I thought this was a society of music lovers.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Bespinben

Worry not, I expect someone will probably have it taken down by the end of today. We'll see how long my hay-day lasts.

FierceDeity

Oh right that poll finished eons ago

So it looks like people want to see just the "cheerification" idea. It may seem repetitive to do another mood-inverse, but it's a really non-alienating framework, and involves the least complications, so I'm all for it. Any thoughts on the changes in judging criteria? (I'll probably put a poll up for that too)

InsigTurtle

Is there any hope for this guy coming back?

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Clanker37

Bumpity Boomp Bamp Bump.

Where has this gone? Holidays are upon us and it would be a good opportunity to do another of these. That is, if people are interested...

braix

I would be willing for a first try. You won't be able to expect much from it though.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Yug_Guy

Quote from: Clanker37 on December 11, 2015, 06:50:51 AMWhere has this gone? Holidays are upon us and it would be a good opportunity to do another of these. That is, if people are interested...
I think this thread kinda died with FierceDeity's absence. I'd certainly like to see this start up again, whether or not I'd actually participate is another matter entirely...

Olimar12345

I would love to see this return during the holidays too. Though, I guess it all depends on if there is enough interest from the community.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Zeila

I think it's safe to say that at least several people would be interested in this. Plus,
Quote from: Clanker37 on December 11, 2015, 06:50:51 AMHolidays are upon us and it would be a good opportunity to do another of these.

Olimar12345

We need a host, 2-4 judgrorors, and some arrangers. Evertone post if you're interested in any of these lol.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!