News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

how do I use dropbox?

Started by videogaminglegodude, May 15, 2015, 11:12:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

videogaminglegodude

OK.  my computer is giving me trouble when I try to load dropbox, but I think I have the solution.  so I want to know how to use it.  this can also be of use to other arrangers, so I thought I would do this.
For lack of anything better to say, I love the Miis.

Tobbeh99

Emm do you mean how to link share files with dropbox??
If so:
1. Open your dropbox folder.
2. Inside you can see a folder named "public".
3. Create a Zip. folder inside.
4. Put you files inside it, maybe pdf. mus. midi.
5. Right click, and the "share dropbox link" let's you copy the link and paste it on the Internet. Whenever someone clicks on the link they will be able to download the Zip. file.
*Note: If you change the name of the Zip. File or move it to another location, the link name will change and you'll have to reshare the new link address.

A tip: If you got a lot of files, let's say all the songs in Final Fantasy VI, you can just create a folder in "public", name it something like "Final Fantasy VI", and afterwards create all the Zip. files inside the folder.

An example of mine: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/24842881/Final%20Fantasy%20VI%20-%20Esper%20World.zip

You can also use the "insert hyperlink" in the replay option and (Bracket)url=address(Bracket)Final Fantasy VI - Esper World(Bracket)/url(Bracket)

If done correctly you can achieve this result:
Final Fantasy VI - Esper World

Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

videogaminglegodude

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on May 15, 2015, 11:46:01 AMEmm do you mean how to link share files with dropbox??
If so:
1. Open your dropbox folder.
2. Inside you can see a folder named "public".
3. Create a Zip. folder inside.
4. Put you files inside it, maybe pdf. mus. midi.
5. Right click, and the "share dropbox link" let's you copy the link and paste it on the Internet. Whenever someone clicks on the link they will be able to download the Zip. file.
*Note: If you change the name of the Zip. File or move it to another location, the link name will change and you'll have to reshare the new link address.

A tip: If you got a lot of files, let's say all the songs in Final Fantasy VI, you can just create a folder in "public", name it something like "Final Fantasy VI", and afterwards create all the Zip. files inside the folder.

An example of mine: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/24842881/Final%20Fantasy%20VI%20-%20Esper%20World.zip

You can also use the "insert hyperlink" in the replay option and (Bracket)url=address(Bracket)Final Fantasy VI - Esper World(Bracket)/url(Bracket)

If done correctly you can achieve this result:
Final Fantasy VI - Esper World

thanks.  as I said, I have been unable to get on, so I really did not know what went into it.  thank you! ;D
For lack of anything better to say, I love the Miis.

Maelstrom

A tip: Most people just link the files directly instead of using .zips. You do the exact same thing for the individual files instead of the folder. Doing so makes it much easier to update the links: All you need to do is copy/paste the file into the Dropbox folder so it replaces the original file. Note that it must have the same name before you copy/paste it. If you do it this way, you won't need to update the dropbox links at all.