Composer Mix-up

Started by Ivan Strider, May 20, 2015, 12:33:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ivan Strider

I have a slight complaint about some arrangements under any Mario and Luigi RPG (PiT, BIS, DT, SSS) game. Some (or all  haven't checked all of them) say the original was composed by Koji Kondo....I have to say that is false. entirely not true. All of the M&L RPG music was composed by Yoko Shimomura, the same composer for Kingdom Hearts. If that cant be fixed that's fine, but I find it slightly offensive (I love Yoko Shimomura...hardcore) when her work is not credited properly.

also, the Final Battle for M&L BIS is called In the Final, but that may confuse some people.

Maelstrom

There are just a lot of cruddy arrangements on the site with the wrong arrangers, wrong key sigs, wrong titles, etc. Those all went up before the quality standards we now have in place existed. We are trying to replace them, but it's hard, as it takes much longer to get a sheet on the site with this much reviewing.

Ivan Strider

ah okay. That makes sense. Maybe I should arrange something myself. contribute to the site and whatnot

Maelstrom

Quote from: Ivan Strider on May 20, 2015, 06:45:55 AMah okay. That makes sense. Maybe I should arrange something myself. contribute to the site and whatnot
Go right ahead. Just make sure you take a look at this first. You wouldn't belive how many people completely ignore the formatting guidelines before submitting. If you want to replace a sheet, check this also. Good luck!

mikey

some people follow the guidelines as best they can but still screw it up somehow
unmotivated

SlowPokemon

Yeah, this is the same issue with all Pokémon music being attributed to Jun'ichi Masuda (even from games he didn't even contribute to!). It's a frustrating thing but rest assured all new sheets are sure to list the proper composer (or, if there's ambiguity, the entire composing team, just to be safe).
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Tobbeh99

As I've been busy with the URL-Project, and came across some sheets with wrong composer, compyright, etc. Like Final Fantasy, it says that it on the copyright "Nintendo", and some of Zelda: Oracles of Seasons/Ages, it says that it is composed by Koji Kondo which is wrong. So when I was fixing URLs I fixed the composer/copyright at the same time. But y, lot's of sheets got wrong composer/Copyright etc.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh