News:

Spotted an error on the main site? Let us know!

Main Menu

POKÉMON SUPER MYSTERY DUNGEON

Started by Latios212, May 21, 2015, 06:14:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hero of Trains

YAY!!!!! I know what my birthday present will be next year!
Quote from: Dudeman on May 22, 2015, 06:24:42 PM
See guys? Trains isn't nice all the time.
Quote from: also Dudeman
Trains is so nice that I'm sure she'd resurrect herself for a few minutes to compliment you back

Waddle Bro

:]

edit: more europe discrimination? ty nintendo

TheDreamingHawk

YES OUR PRAYERS WERE ANSWERED!

Now we just need to hope for a good story, with nothing in common with the wiiware games, and no Free to Play model.

EDIT: Japanese title is "Pokemon Mystery Dungeon ULTRA" it seems. Can't find any info on if it's a F2P or a retail game.

My Video Game review website: http://www.seafoamgaming.com

My Youtube Gameplay/retrospective channel: https://www.youtube.com/SeafoamGaming

SlowPokemon

Hell yeah I would be wondering when the Gen VI Mystery Dungeon would be announced. It was inevitable, we've had one for every gen since III. In response to the comment above me, the phrase "sweeping tale of adventure and mystery" implies that it's an adventure game (story based), and the fact that it's announced to "retail" in North America by the end of 2015 suggests that unlike the recent Pokémon Shuffle and Pokémon Rumble World it will not be a free-to-play title (and will likely be available both in physical and download copies). Can't wait for more dungeon crawling and Pokémon soap opera drama. This announcement mmd. Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon, I await your arrival! Hopefully they let you pick your character's Pokémon again, that was so helpful.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

blueflower999

Aw I thought the personality quiz at the beginning was cute in the first two games.

I didn't play Gates to Infinity because I heard bad things about it, but if this one comes out okay (i.e., having all the Pokemon in it) then I'll probably pick it up for old time's sake.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Hero of Trains

You should play GtI. Lots of people bash it, but it's still a good game. Most compare it to EoS, which is why everyone gets annoyed about it. I had fun with it though.  :)
Quote from: Dudeman on May 22, 2015, 06:24:42 PM
See guys? Trains isn't nice all the time.
Quote from: also Dudeman
Trains is so nice that I'm sure she'd resurrect herself for a few minutes to compliment you back

Latios212

Yeah, it looks likely to be a complete traditional PMD game ^.^

I do hope they bring the personality quiz back lol. GtI wasn't bad, it just didn't have a lot of aspects I loved about the first two.

Also the words "Mystery Dungeon" in the logo returned to how they looked in the first two titles. Hmm.....
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

K-NiGhT

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 28, 2015, 06:48:06 PM
what are you doing stop making nsm a better place by spreading happiness

SlowPokemon

Quote from: blueflower999 on May 21, 2015, 08:44:16 AMAw I thought the personality quiz at the beginning was cute in the first two games.

I didn't play Gates to Infinity because I heard bad things about it, but if this one comes out okay (i.e., having all the Pokemon in it) then I'll probably pick it up for old time's sake.

Ohhhh yeah that'd be great but 3D models do take a ridiculous amount of data, especially since they used the Pokédex 3D Pro ones. XY/ORAS got around it by using cel-shading, so maybe if they use the new models they'll be able to include more Pokémon.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Bespinben

I think this just cured my cold. And everything else.

I hope no one thought I was getting assaulted in the last 10 minutes (well, I was [by my unfettered hype-spasms]).

I really hope they keep the composition team from last time. Maybe bring back Arata Iiyoshi for old times sake (they revived the old MYSTERY DUNGEON typesetting btw), but dang, Keisuke Ito and Yasuhiro Kawagoe made one of heck of a combo.

There was a 3-year gap between Rescue Team and Explorers, 5 years between Explorers and Gates (3 if you count Sky), and now it looks like PSMD will be 3 years since Gates. Not bad.
(Though in Bespin time it felt awfully fast - more like 1 year!)

I love seeing the internet in upheaval. Only confirms my theory that people will judge this game by Explorers and Gates [judging from several comments on the linked sites]. I always saw Gates as the spiritual successor to Rescue Team, so maybe PSMD will be more Explorers-like.

I'm truly surprised honestly. I really thought PMD was finished, seeing as the Iwata Ask interview revealed that the developers of Gates truly believed Gates was the ULTIMATE Pokémon Mystery Dungeon (and I could see why!). If that, their labor of love, didn't pan out well in the fans eyes, what then?

But I'm happy. I really am. I got the game I always wanted in the last, so I was ready to accept a bittersweet ending, but this is indeed a bright future. And who knows? Maybe this will end up being the means to really put the PMD series in the popular spotlight again, and newcomers might be interested in discovering the past installments. What a great cycle.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

TheDreamingHawk

Quote from: Bespinben on May 21, 2015, 11:44:40 AMI think this just cured my cold. And everything else.

I hope no one thought I was getting assaulted in the last 10 minutes (well, I was [by my unfettered hype-spasms]).

I really hope they keep the composition team from last time. Maybe bring back Arata Iiyoshi for old times sake (they revived the old MYSTERY DUNGEON typesetting btw), but dang, Keisuke Ito and Yasuhiro Kawagoe made one of heck of a combo.

There was a 3-year gap between Rescue Team and Explorers, 5 years between Explorers and Gates (3 if you count Sky), and now it looks like PSMD will be 3 years since Gates. Not bad.
(Though in Bespin time it felt awfully fast - more like 1 year!)

I love seeing the internet in upheaval. Only confirms my theory that people will judge this game by Explorers and Gates [judging from several comments on the linked sites]. I always saw Gates as the spiritual successor to Rescue Team, so maybe PSMD will be more Explorers-like.

I'm truly surprised honestly. I really thought PMD was finished, seeing as the Iwata Ask interview revealed that the developers of Gates truly believed Gates was the ULTIMATE Pokémon Mystery Dungeon (and I could see why!). If that, their labor of love, didn't pan out well in the fans eyes, what then?

But I'm happy. I really am. I got the game I always wanted in the last, so I was ready to accept a bittersweet ending, but this is indeed a bright future. And who knows? Maybe this will end up being the means to really put the PMD series in the popular spotlight again, and newcomers might be interested in discovering the past installments. What a great cycle.

It would make for a great time to rerelease PMD RRT-EOS on the Wii U Virtual Console to introduce new players to the series. They did it for ORAS with Pokemon TCG, Pinball RSE and Puzzle Challenge!

I'm sick of seeing people immediately dismiss GTI for being too different from explorers due to silly nitpicks, even though they likely don't realize how bad the Wiiware games were in comparison. Maybe it's because I despise Explorers but then again I can't really say that's the reason since these same people seem to act as if Rescue Team never existed either...

Now I just hope people will give this new game a chance. Maybe take the nostalgia goggles off for explorers and give the new game a shot with an open mind. Or if that isn't their cup of tea, they could just grab Ys I-II off of the Wii Virtual Console or Lufia the Legend Returns off of the 3DS Virtual Console for a similar experience.

My Video Game review website: http://www.seafoamgaming.com

My Youtube Gameplay/retrospective channel: https://www.youtube.com/SeafoamGaming

Nebbles

The hype is pretty real right now. I just need more info, dammit. I really hope this game is good.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Bespinben

Nintendo could really do better with advertising though. Instead of leading us on with generic statements of random dungeon generation as evidenced in the title, why not actually try something hypeworthy?

Once again, a human is transformed into a Pokemon . . . Once again an inseparable friendship is forged . . . Once again, a grand adventure awaits! Welcome (back) to the world of Pokemon!

Make it epic. Make it a grand tale. Make it Explorers.

Quote from: Nebbles on May 21, 2015, 12:36:26 PMThe hype is pretty real right now. I just need more info, dammit. I really hope this game is good.
Inorite!? There's just nothing to do right but sit and wait XD I think Game Freak does their homework well though. The subtle references in Gates shows that. They'll know what to fix.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Nebbles

Well, let's hope they'll know what to fix.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel