News:

You just lost the game.

Main Menu

POKÉMON SUPER MYSTERY DUNGEON

Started by Latios212, May 21, 2015, 06:14:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheDreamingHawk

Quote from: Latios212 on May 22, 2015, 07:17:11 AMWhat features do you most want to see return? (From Rescue Team, Explorers, or GTI)?

For me, lots of things. This will be long, so for things that should return...

Rescue Team

-TM/HM Hunting. As odd as this may seem, it would be neat to go and actually put effort into finding HMs in order to advance the post game plot, as long as they aren't too hard to find.

-Link moves. I really miss these but they helped me so much in this game I need them back. So many cool combinations

-Smart NPCs. In my opinion, RRT/BRT had a great cast of characters. They all were worried about the coming danger, and none of them were sure who to believe or how to stop it, but eventually you learn fun details about them if you wish, such as the Snubbull that didn't like evolving, Caterpie having faith in you, ETC. They felt more "real" to me, and while GTI did bring that back for the story characters, the ones that didn't do much in the actual story had barely any personality to them at all. Yeah I could learn that Emolga and Virizion are a couple now, but I want to see what that Ducklett was up to, what his story was, and why he came to the town, if you know what I mean.

Explorers

-Eggs. I liked collecting these and it made completing difficult missions much more satisfying, though the randomness of getting the eggs made it a bit cheap, I think they could improve it in PSMD.

-Special Episodes. If we get a great cast of NPCs in PSMD, we might as well learn about them, right? I think it would be a great chance to bring these back, especially if we had more memorable characters this time around. (IMO the only special episodes worth playing were 1, 4 and 5.)

-Multiple Jobs at once. This is self explanatory.

-99 Floor Dungeons. Yes, these were in GTI but there were very few of them and only one (Strongest Trail, the DLC dungeon) allowed you to keep your current level as you fought hordes of dangerous enemies at your own skill level, and even then it was sixty floors long. I think bringing back the post game challenge would be a treat for hardcore fans like me.

-Direct Travel to Dungeons. I found it amazing that you could literally go from the town to right in front of the Beach Cave without selecting it from a boring menu. PMD would benefit greatly from this if they expand on this concept.

-Wi-Fi rescues. Self explanatory.

Gates to Infinity

-Team Attack. Was very helpful and took care of those pesky monster houses. Would be neat to see return.

-Pokemon choice selection. The personality test was only a pointless gimmick, this way you can choose the one you want without looking at a guide. They could also make the test optional for those who love it.

-Move Levels. Encouraged you to keep your strongest moves in your moveset without constantly rotating them. However it did lead to some overpowered team members if you leveled it up too much... I'm looking at you Keldeo.

-Legendary "Battle Rooms". I loved these as the entire focus was a fierce fight against the boss, and it truly felt epic to me. It would be great to have this come back.

-Genders. Yes, this was in GTI but only in the Japanese version for some odd reason. It didn't change much in the gameplay but I think I'm not the only one who believed it was silly that every pokemon in the US version was genderless even if the story said otherwise. It also would help fix broken moves that were supposed to only hit the opposite gender.

Those were things I think they should bring back from the older titles, but what about new features? Well... Here's my wishlist.

NEW features

-Voice acting. Spike Chunsoft's visual novels have a lot of voice acting, and they are really good as well. It wouldn't hurt to give the final boss a line or two, would it?

-Redbook Audio. Yes, I know this is outdated but hearing high quality PMD music in this epic fashion would be an (impossible) dream come true, especially considering how well it helped the Ys (Ys I-IV on the PC Engine CD), Sonic (Sonic CD Japanese version) and Castlevania (Rondo of Blood) games.

-Classic music. I loved how in GTI you could replay select older tracks from the musical paradise if you bought the DLC, and I'd love to see more of that in PSMD, as long as they weren't all locked behind DLC of course.

-Cinematic cutscenes. While GTI had these in some way, I think a big, impressive, epic cutscene would be a great way to show off some things in this game. X and Y did it, so PSMD should be able to do so too.

-Mega Evolution. Nearly every Gen VI spinoff so far has mega evolution in some way, so there's no excuse for it to be absent in PSMD. It would lead to some great story elements.

-Multiple endings. While PMD GTI did have a "bad ending", it was pretty tame and didn't do much besides reverse time. I think having multiple paths for many different endings would be fantastic in PSMD, especially since Spike Chunsoft have experience in this field. (Otogirisou, 999, Virtue's Last Reward, Danganronpa, etc.) Would also encourage multiple replays of the game as well.

-Multiple save files. I feel that since the Wiiware PMD games had them, even if they weren't great games, it would be helpful if they finally had a main PMD game with more than one save file, especially if the multiple endings idea is actually used.

And that's my random (But probably unlikely) ideas for what should be added in the new Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game! Honestly, I'm excited for just a screenshot at this point. Hopefully we'll get to see what the game looks like very soon!

My Video Game review website: http://www.seafoamgaming.com

My Youtube Gameplay/retrospective channel: https://www.youtube.com/SeafoamGaming

InsigTurtle

If Mega Evolution is added, I hope they add special music/remix for it for each dungeon. like how in Touhou 13 there's a separate track with different instrumentation that plays when you enter trance mode, or like how a remix plays inside on the pipe in Koopa Cape in MK Wii, since a single "mega evolution" track could get boring and it prompts people to play earlier dungeons if they wish to hear the Maurice (like the illusion tracks in GTI). or they could just have no special music playing. That would be meh

Bespinben

Pokémon Get☆TV airs today at 23:00 GMT, and from what I understand there might be more info on SuperPMD. Here's a link to a stream:

EDIT: Don't bother watching. No SuperPMD news.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9Fio5swsPI

Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Nebbles

Oh rad, I hope we get some sweet info.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

InsigTurtle

wow I got here 1 min before it started. But I have a committee session in a few minutes so I can't watch it :(

Bespinben

Don't bother watching the video stream recording. It just finished. No news on SuperPMD.

(The guy had the audacity to say "like this video" at the end too - for WHAT!?)
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Hero of Trains

Well, it was hilarious, but no Super PMD.   :(
Quote from: Dudeman on May 22, 2015, 06:24:42 PM
See guys? Trains isn't nice all the time.
Quote from: also Dudeman
Trains is so nice that I'm sure she'd resurrect herself for a few minutes to compliment you back

Nebbles

D: Maybe we'll get Super PMD news this week?

Hero of Trains

Quote from: Dudeman on May 22, 2015, 06:24:42 PM
See guys? Trains isn't nice all the time.
Quote from: also Dudeman
Trains is so nice that I'm sure she'd resurrect herself for a few minutes to compliment you back

InsigTurtle

I'm hoping for something in a month. Probably going to have summertime hype.

Spike Chunsoft also developed to recent Etrian Mystery Dungeon game, right? That one looked pretty good and it has good reviews. that fives me high hopes for Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon.
I wonder what the super means here... It must have some significance...

TheDreamingHawk

Quote from: InsigTurtle on May 23, 2015, 05:11:42 PMI'm hoping for something in a month. Probably going to have summertime hype.

Spike Chunsoft also developed to recent Etrian Mystery Dungeon game, right? That one looked pretty good and it has good reviews. that fives me high hopes for Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon.
I wonder what the super means here... It must have some significance...

They did indeed, along with Atlus. Unfortunately that game has no story which made me not pick it up, so I hope they focus on the story in this game, unlike EMD where they didn't.

My Youtube Gameplay/retrospective channel: https://www.youtube.com/SeafoamGaming

Nebbles

I'm sure we'll be having plenty of summer time hype for Super PMD.

InsigTurtle

they sacrificed story for graphics and gameplay apparently.

TheDreamingHawk

It would be funny if people watched Nintendo's E3 event expecting Pokemon Z or Pokken Tournament only to see a trailer for PSMD and get very upset while us over here would be super excited

Nebbles