News:

Interested in contributing to the site? Give The Arrangement Formatting Guidelines and The Arranging Checklist a good read!

Main Menu

POKÉMON SUPER MYSTERY DUNGEON

Started by Latios212, May 21, 2015, 06:14:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latios212

Quote from: TheDreamingHawk on May 23, 2015, 05:35:25 PMIt would be funny if people watched Nintendo's E3 event expecting Pokemon Z or Pokken Tournament only to see a trailer for PSMD and get very upset while us over here would be super excited
This. I'd have a second heart attack.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

TheDreamingHawk

Quote from: Nebbles on May 23, 2015, 05:37:14 PMBahahaha oh god that'd be great

Nearly everyone I saw on the internet reacted to the announcement like "uggggh this isnt pokemon z gamefreak u suck pmd will never be good again after gates explorers forever" which is why I KNOW they'll do the same with every reveal trailer later on. Unfortunately they don't seem to realize doing yearly instalments are the reason why ORAS lacked a battle frontier or any challenge, so IMO this is good for the main series.

My Video Game review website: http://www.seafoamgaming.com

My Youtube Gameplay/retrospective channel: https://www.youtube.com/SeafoamGaming

Nebbles

Agreed! I think a break from yearly installments in the main series would be nice, and we can get some nice spin off love.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Latios212

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Bespinben

Quote from: TheDreamingHawk on May 23, 2015, 05:35:25 PMIt would be funny if people watched Nintendo's E3 event expecting Pokemon Z or Pokken Tournament only to see a trailer for PSMD and get very upset while us over here would be super excited
Quote from: TheDreamingHawk on May 23, 2015, 05:41:43 PMNearly everyone I saw on the internet reacted to the announcement like "uggggh this isnt pokemon z gamefreak u suck pmd will never be good again after gates explorers forever"

Poor souls just don't know what they're missing in their lives:

Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

SlowPokemon

I couldn't give less of a fuck about Pokken Tournament but anything else Pokémon wise would be amazing
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Nebbles

pls bring personality quizzes back

Bespinben

Quote from: Nebbles on May 23, 2015, 07:23:19 PMpls bring personality quizzes back
I just had an idea. It will reconcile both parties that both want and don't want the questionnaire. I don't think this will actually happen, but it could work.

Remember the Colored Bow you magically get from nowhere at the beginning of PMD2 (the color of which corresponds to the Aura you were analyzed to have had?). This was a really helpful item to carry around at the beginning of the game because it boosted ALL your stats.

Here's my idea. You can CHOOSE whether or not to take the Personality Test. However, you will not get an Aura-related item if you opt instead to just pick your Poké-Avatar. The game could pull off some kind excuse for the weakening of the player by having a Xatu-like NPC saying "Your weakened state is due to the misalignment of your spirit aura and your present body."
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Nebbles

TheDreamingHawk

Quote from: Bespinben on May 23, 2015, 06:13:28 PMPoor souls just don't know what they're missing in their lives:

Oh crud, now I have to counter...

OK, uh...

Spoiler

Look! A song that may fit a random dungeon in PSMD!

Expect many 16 Bit music jokes to come
[close]

....I do wish I could get photoshop someday. I'd make tons of mockups due to my excitement for the game, even if some of them make no sense at all.

EDIT: I just realized something horrifying. They used pokedex 3D models for GTI... And Gen VI was never included in Pokedex 3D... So how will they design the pokemon? I'm kinda nervous they'll go and use the terrible models made by Ambrella like they did for PMD3, since Pokemon Rumble World made Gen VI pokemon into those models. I'm actually quite terrified now that they'll try that again...

My Youtube Gameplay/retrospective channel: https://www.youtube.com/SeafoamGaming

mikey

if the game is going to be for the 3DS, they'll have to incorporate 3D somehow.  Using the older style models from Explorers of Time would be challenging
unmotivated

Latios212

That would be terrifying, but I honestly don't think that's going to happen. They already have 90% of the sprites done, given that Gen 6 has introduced so few Pokémon. (Well, Mega Evolutions....)

Still, I don't think they'd lower their standards for the graphics. (GTI WAS BEAUTIFUL!!)

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

DonValentino

Quote from: Nebbles on May 23, 2015, 05:44:27 PMAgreed! I think a break from yearly installments in the main series would be nice, and we can get some nice spin off love.

Won't somebody please think of Pokemon Pinball?

TheDreamingHawk

Quote from: Latios212 on May 24, 2015, 11:20:55 AMThat would be terrifying, but I honestly don't think that's going to happen. They already have 90% of the sprites done, given that Gen 6 has introduced so few Pokémon. (Well, Mega Evolutions....)

Still, I don't think they'd lower their standards for the graphics. (GTI WAS BEAUTIFUL!!)

Yeah, after how nice GTI and EMD looked I'd hate for them to go back to sprites. I'd honestly only accept it if it would the only way we could get voice acting in the game somehow. (Hey if Pikachu of all things can have a voice in Gen VI surely something in PSMD can as well?)

Nebbles

I don't think we really need voice acting for a PMD game.