News:

All Hail President Bowser!

Main Menu

POKÉMON SUPER MYSTERY DUNGEON

Started by Latios212, May 21, 2015, 06:14:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

Honestly for as much love as that series has on this website, I don't think it's out of the question to have a general Pokémon Mystery Dungeon series thread.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

K-NiGhT

So I was just checking out Bulbapedia's preliminary info on the game, and it says that accessories like scarves/bands will be visible on your character in the overworld and dungeons.

ALL OF MY YES
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 28, 2015, 06:48:06 PM
what are you doing stop making nsm a better place by spreading happiness

SlowPokemon

I AM SO HYPED ABOUT THAT THE BOX ART IS ALWAYS SO CUTE WITH THE SCARVES AND I WAS BITTER I COULDNT MAKE MYSELF WEAR A BOW TIE LIKE THE FREAKIN HOME SCREEN ICON SHOWS ON SNIVY FOR GTI

K-NiGhT

Ever since that anime special for Rescue Team, I have always wanted to see my character wear the scarves I put on them. Also now that we have more diverse items like the Reunion Cape (which is useless but it could still be cool looking, assuming they make more wearable items like that) it makes for so many neat combinations.

Also Snivy with a bow tie would be fantastic lol

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

TheDreamingHawk

Someone with better eyes than me noticed, but in the treehouse live apparently you can speed up the text if you want to for whatever reason.

My Video Game review website: http://www.seafoamgaming.com

My Youtube Gameplay/retrospective channel: https://www.youtube.com/SeafoamGaming

K-NiGhT

Well as long as you're able to full text boxes quickly so you don't have to wait to read the slow crawl of text like in Gates, I see no problem with it.

SlowPokemon

I loved the slow text crawl. I'm not even joking. After falling in love with Ace Attorney slow moving text is weirdly comforting and even in other games I let it play out slowly.

TheDreamingHawk

Quote from: SlowPokemon on June 20, 2015, 12:48:21 PMI loved the slow text crawl. I'm not even joking. After falling in love with Ace Attorney slow moving text is weirdly comforting and even in other games I let it play out slowly.

That's why I thought the complaints about slow text speed in GTI was silly. It seemed to me that the majority of those complaining could care less about focusing on the story and that they just wanted to skip through it, even though in reality the text speed wasn't nearly as slow as some of the other games I've played. (Like Ys Book I and II where what would be a four minute cutscene ending if you could skip the text is always least ten minutes due to the inability to speed up the text at any point in the game, and since the ending has a ton of text the super slow text speed makes it frustrating to watch when you've completed the game many times already. GTI's text speed was much faster in comparison.) Still, the ability to speed up the text returns, so if those people want to ignore the story entirely because it isn't Sky then they can do so, even though it seems like they'll miss out from what we know so far. That being said if I played through Explorers again I'd likely want to skip everything too, so maybe it is helpful to have that option...

What I REALLY want to know is if they'll allow multiple jobs at once in the same dungeon again. That was one of the few issues I had with GTI.

My Video Game review website: http://www.seafoamgaming.com

My Youtube Gameplay/retrospective channel: https://www.youtube.com/SeafoamGaming

K-NiGhT

I wouldn't have a problem with the text if I didn't read faster than it came up on screen. My problem isn't wanting to skip it. Mine is wanting to get it done in a timely fashion.

mikey

man I hate that like the beginning of pokemon and stuff, like I read each word 4 times before the next one comes up
unmotivated

K-NiGhT

Pretty sure you could at least hold down A to speed that up. Can't do that in Gates.

fingerz

Quote from: TheDreamingHawk on June 20, 2015, 04:43:38 PMThat's why I thought the complaints about slow text speed in GTI was silly. It seemed to me that the majority of those complaining could care less about focusing on the story and that they just wanted to skip through it...
It bothered me and I love the storyline. I've got limited time as it is, let alone enough time to sit there for hours watching a cutscene dragged out due to sssslllloooowwww text.

I loved the cutscenes for those games, though! It's just that I'm a fast reader and don't need 5 minutes to contemplate what each sentence means... Gets REAL boring after a while.
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Bespinben

The Japanese website for Super Mystery Dungeon has a very subtle feature for the official boxart where the background shows up first and then the Pokémon starters fade-in afterwards (all in about the time of 0.5 seconds). Because of that, I was able to isolate the background itself!

Time to make some sweet album art ;]

(P.S. What could the red glow in the center of the Tree mean?)
(P.S.S. I see LOTS of Balls of Light on the right side....)
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

K-NiGhT