POKÉMON SUPER MYSTERY DUNGEON

Started by Latios212, May 21, 2015, 06:14:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

InsigTurtle

Cyndaquil and Mudkip. Prett cool.

That Ampharos pose tho. I wonder what role he'll (or she'll) play, since most of the characters on there were already introduced.

Bespinben

PMD2 Explorers confirmed for SuperPMD

On the Japanese Twitter page, there's a quote from the in-game Kecleon:

This is what Google Translate spits out:

In short, Kecleon is wondering if "Ruriri" and "Mariruri" are in good health.

"Ruriri" and "Mariruri" are the Japanese names for "Marill" and "Azumarill", so we KNOW that the Treasure Town mentioned in the quote isn't just ANY coincidentally-named "treasure town", but THE ONE AND ONLY Treasure Town. Interestingly, in PMD2, they two weren't that Evolved yet -- they were just Azurill and Marill.

THEREFORE, Super Mystery Dungeon takes place AFTER the events of PMD2.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Nebbles

HOLY SHIT IS THIS ACTUALLY A PMD2 SEQUEL YOOO
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Altissimo

OH MY GOD IT BETTER FUKKEN BE

I'm writing a fanfic that ties the events of MD1 and MD2 together in a crazy convoluted way. When SMD was announced my first thought was "Oh shit what if I want to put this new one into the continuity?" (I haven't played GTI so that never factored into my plans) If it's a direct sequel this might be a bit easier than I thought!

TheDreamingHawk

Urgh. Not sure what to feel about this since Explorers was my least favorite. Hoping to see some Rescue Team and GTI love in this game soon!

My Video Game review website: http://www.seafoamgaming.com

My Youtube Gameplay/retrospective channel: https://www.youtube.com/SeafoamGaming

Latios212

I knew that Kecleon looked familiar.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

InsigTurtle

So, those new CoroCoro scans.

I have to say, I'm more excited about the Ampharos having what I assume to be a large role (something that approximately translates as a 'team leader'. I really fucking love Ampharos, and his/her art has a bitchin' pose.

Oh, and that new Mega Evolution mechanic is cool, too.

They promise more stuff in the next issue. So....

Bespinben

Quote from: InsigTurtle on August 09, 2015, 11:42:17 PMSo, those new CoroCoro scans.
1st Scan
[close]
2nd Scan
[close]

Translation of scans (credit to Reddit):
Spoiler
First Scan

There's Mega Evolution in Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon!?

In Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon, you can enjoy adventures countless times, and the battles are awesome as well! With Mega Evolution, the common sense of dungeon exploration has changed!!

Caption: Mega Evolving will raise your stats even further!

Evolution surpassing evolution!!

Conquer dungeons with Mega Evolution!!

Inside dungeons, once certain conditions have been met, your Pokemon "awakens"! Certain can "awaken", and Mega Evolve, powering them up, and changing their look, type, and ability!!

Caption: Charizard Mega Evolves into Mega Charizard X!!

Of course! In battle you're mega strong!!

With Mega Evolution, your stats go up, and you can attack multiple enemies at once! Even if you're surrounded by enemy Pokemon, it's ok.

Caption: Defeat several Pokemon at once!

Caption: With Mega Evolution, there's no enemy to fear!

Even mega destroy dungeon walls!

Mega Evolved Pokemon can even break dungeon walls.

Caption: A dead end...!? But with Mega Evolution, you make a way through.

Caption: Destroy walls, and open a new path! Enjoy exploration even more!

New items: Get even more powerful with the Lapis and Ringle!!

The Ringle is an item Pokemon can hold. The Lapis power you up, once set in the Ringle.

Find Lapis!!

Caption: Lapis can only be found in dungeons. They disappear once you exit the dungeon.

Caption: Using the "Power Up X" Lapis, the power of your moves goes up! Use it well to become stronger.

Defense Up

Caption: Lower the damage taken from moves. Equip multiples to stack its effect!

Many different effects!!!

Combo Protect

Caption: Useful for when you're hit multiple times in one turn. Lowers the overall damage.

Second Scan

Welcome to the Pokemon Investigation Team!!

In order to achieve their dreams, the protagonist and partner enter into the Pokemon Investigation Team! Go on a grand adventure across the world with your colorful teammates!!

If it's an adventure, then leave it us!!

Caption: Don't miss the varied personalities of the appearing Pokemon!

Ampharos: The Team Leader Even though she's the leader, she suffers from extremly poor sense of direction... Althrough she's an airhead, the team member trust her greatly. She's a reliably Pokmeon.

Buizel: Investigater In charge of underwater exploration. A reliable senpai who protects the main heroes.

Jirachi: Astronomer Although he's a genius, once he falls asleep, it's hard to wake him up. His sleeping posture is terrible as well.

Mawile: Archeologist An archeologist, but also a seasoned adventurer. Like Ampharos, she's also a deeply trusted.

Archen: Investigater In charge of sky exploration. He has a very helpful personality.

Bunnelby: Investigator In charge of underground exploration. His special skill is digging with his ears.

Swirlix: Waiter Is in charge of the food, but he's always sneaking food.

Dedenne: Messenger The Investigation Team's messenger. Sends messeges back and forth between team member using his electric waves.

(By the way, I'm not actually sure about why gender they all are. I'm just guessing Ampharos is female because they use the pronoun "watashi" in their speech, while Buizel and Archen use the masculine "ore", and Jirachi uses the boyish "boku")
[close]

MY COMMENTARY! You'll notice in the 2nd Scan a picture of the Expedition Society members in a meeting of some sort. I noticed the Bronzor-esque symbol I reconstructed from the 3DS cover plate reoccurs here (which I boxed in red)!

3DS cover plate comparison
[close]

Looking closely at the new image, I'm thinking the symbol actually bears more resemblance to a Poké-ball than anything else. I never did understand how Poké-balls were sometimes cameo-ed in PMD (like in Blue/Red Rescue Team, where one of options Smeargle paints on your Team Base flag is a Poké-ball), so I'm hoping SuperPMD will give some closure on that mystery.

Nebbles

Bespinben

Latios212

DID SOMEONE SAY JUKEBOX

AND THAT EATING SCENE

I'VE BEEN SO TERRIBLY BUSY WORKING THIS SUMMER I'VE FALLEN BEHIND ON CHECKING THE NEWS BUT I'M FREAKING OUT AGAIN
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

SlowPokemon

I'm so glad Meloetta is the art for that jukebox--that was one of my favorite characters from Gates to Infinity and I was sad it wasn't used much. I loved how Meloetta went back between aria and pirouette form and called them "princess" and "prince," that was really charming and cute. It's one of my fav Pokémon
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Bespinben

http://www.gonintendo.com/stories/240643-pokemon-super-mystery-dungeon-two-small-videos-details-and-scr

A Super-Sized file size of 1.8 GB.... I am not disappointed.
Quote from: Bespinben on October 15, 2012, 09:20:16 PM
Comparison
The fact that PMD 3DS is a game of 1GB size means that it has quite a bit of data compared to most 3DS titles, more so even than Mario Kart 7. The point? They put a significant amount of work into the game, and perhaps the world itself is fairly large and expansive. Maybe we'll even get to go more places than just randomly generated dungeons and the hub town.

Metal Gear Solid 3D - 3.24
Resident Evil: Revelations - 3.17
Monster Hunter 3G - 1.77
The Amazing Spider-Man - 1.62
Kid Icarus: Uprising - 1.61
Rhythm Thief & the Emperor's Treasure - 1.53
Doctor Lautrec and the Forgotten Knights - 1.43
Samurai Warriors: Chronicles - 1.43
Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D - 0.67
Sonic Generations - 0.67
Mario Kart 7 - 0.66
Star Fox 64 3D - 0.63
Heroes of Ruin - 0.50
The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time 3D - 0.47
Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars - 0.47
Cave Story 3D - 0.47
Nintendogs + Cats - 0.46
Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games - 0.46
Asphalt 3D - 0.44
New Super Mario Bros. 2 - 0.37
Crush 3D - 0.35
Pokemon Rumble Blast - 0.33
Super Mario 3D Land - 0.31
Bit Trip Saga - 0.31
Mario Tennis Open - 0.29
Super Monkey Ball 3D - 0.22
Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars - 0.22
Rayman Origins - 0.21
Demon Training - 0.20
Rayman 3D - 0.19
Steel Diver - 0.18
Pilotwings Resort - 0.10
Shifting World - 0.05
[close]

Oh, and the Official Super PMD website got a pretty spiffy redesign.
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/bpxj/dungeon/index.html

Nebbles