News:

Spotted an error on the main site? Let us know!

Main Menu

POKÉMON SUPER MYSTERY DUNGEON

Started by Latios212, May 21, 2015, 06:14:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

Star Fox is an awesome game
I really like playing multiplayer Assault
unmotivated

Latios212

Waaaah the Japanese channel keeps uploading stuff and I DON'T HAVE THE TIME TO SCRUTINIZE ALL OF IT GRAAAAH
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

InsigTurtle

i have to say i like the pan flute sample they use in the music

Nebbles

Quote from: Latios212 on August 25, 2015, 08:09:34 PMWaaaah the Japanese channel keeps uploading stuff and I DON'T HAVE THE TIME TO SCRUTINIZE ALL OF IT GRAAAAH

MORE MUSIC? WHERE?
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Bespinben

Quote from: Nebbles on August 25, 2015, 09:04:49 PMMORE MUSIC? WHERE?

It's in the background of the new TV ads/trailers. I isolated the BGM from the voiceovers so you can listen to it directly:

(Dungeon Theme 1)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wgqlnqpz7q0jnkx/SuperPMD%20-%20Unknown%20Dungeon%20Theme%201.wav?dl=0

(Dungeon Theme 2)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2bzyfwspk9a0ori/SuperPMD%20-%20Unknown%20Dungeon%20Theme%202.wav?dl=0

Quote from: Latios212 on August 25, 2015, 08:09:34 PMWaaaah the Japanese channel keeps uploading stuff and I DON'T HAVE THE TIME TO SCRUTINIZE ALL OF IT GRAAAAH

I can't handle much more of these PMD Teletubbies ads. Kawaii overload.

Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Nebbles

Those links weren't working for me :C

Bespinben

Ah, I was still uploading at the time of the post. They should be operational now!

InsigTurtle

Nebbles

Bespinben

As you guys might know, the game became available for preload on the Japanese Nintendo 3DS E-Shop yesterday.

There's nothing quite so tantalizing as seeing THIS on your Home Menu and not being able to open it!

Bespinben

The inevitable FAMITSU review scores just released for SuperPMD.

36/40
(or 9-9-9-9)

Sources
(I still can't find the original Famitsu article anywhere though...)

I think it's worth mentioning that the dogmatic "best" of the series, Explorers of Sky, got a 35/40 (lower), while the fandom's spit-upon step-child, Gates to Infinity, got a 38/40 (higher).

Maelstrom

Famitsu's pretty unreliable recently.
I think they gave Devil's Third a 33/40.

SlowPokemon

While I do love reading reviews, in this game's case there's no real point. You know what you're getting into with a Pokémon Mystery Dungeon title hahaha
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

TheDreamingHawk

Honestly I'm rather nervous for this game since it got a lower score than GTI. I Loved that game a lot, but after being incredibly disappointed with Pokemon X and Y along with Pokemon ORAS which got similar scores I'm kinda concerned PSMD is just going to be meant for people with too much Explorers Nostalgia, with boring characters and a story that doesn't make sense with most of the attention going to solely making explorers fans shut up (Similar to the Genwunner treatment in X and Y with the Kanto nods everywhere). I'd love to know WHY they gave the game a score of four 9s to be more specific, because now I'm more nervous it'll be a disappointment due to all this waiting in suspense

My Video Game review website: http://www.seafoamgaming.com

My Youtube Gameplay/retrospective channel: https://www.youtube.com/SeafoamGaming

Bespinben

Quote from: SlowPokemon on September 08, 2015, 11:59:48 AMWhile I do love reading reviews, in this game's case there's no real point. You know what you're getting into with a Pokémon Mystery Dungeon title hahaha
This so much. Honestly, when I read game reviews, it's not me deciding my opinion, but trying to understand the (sometimes questionable) logic of the reviewers.  I'm fascinated by pathological social behaviors.

Quote from: TheDreamingHawk on September 08, 2015, 01:24:47 PMHonestly I'm rather nervous for this game since it got a lower score than GTI. I Loved that game a lot, but after being incredibly disappointed with Pokemon X and Y along with Pokemon ORAS which got similar scores I'm kinda concerned PSMD is just going to be meant for people with too much Explorers Nostalgia, with boring characters and a story that doesn't make sense. I'd love to know WHY they gave the game a score of four 9s to be more specific
I think at least one reason why a game (like GtI) would get such polarized review scores (IGN's 5.5/10 versus Famitsu's 38/40) is related to cultural preferences. Dungeon crawlers in general aren't very popular in the West, but they're all the rage in Japan. Thematic elements could also play a factor. I couldn't help but think that the whole concepts behind things like the Voice of Life or the Bittercold stem from some sort of archetype in Asian folklore (perhaps Yin-Yang?).