News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

POKÉMON SUPER MYSTERY DUNGEON

Started by Latios212, May 21, 2015, 06:14:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Altissimo

Quote from: Nebbles on November 17, 2015, 04:37:12 PMBest of luck with your recital! Super PMD will be your reward :D

After chemistry lab. And homework. And the symphony that night. :p But yeah I am pumped maaaan

Dude

So I've never played a pmd game. Should I? Which one if I should?

Waddle Bro

screw yall smh

@dude honestly either red/blue rescue team or explorers of time/darkness/sky are some of the most fun and best mon games there are. spent quite a bit of hours on them as a kid. you could also start with this one, although i hear it's pretty difficult. but the series is great.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Dude on November 19, 2015, 08:55:11 AMSo I've never played a pmd game. Should I? Which one if I should?

They're good games. If you dig the main Pokémon games then absolutely play one. But the storylines are almost entirely about friendship and the effects of being positive and working together, which is really heartwarming and uplifting but also a little cornball. So if that doesn't sound like your thing, definitely steer clear lol.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Altissimo

Quote from: Dude on November 19, 2015, 08:55:11 AMSo I've never played a pmd game. Should I? Which one if I should?

Explorers of Sky. Not even Time/Darkness, just Sky (which has extra, significant, content). Not only is it a fair bit easier than the first (whose postgame has a ridiculous difficulty) but the plot is far better, in my opinion, and overall has a lot better worldbuilding than the first game(s).

The first game I love for nostalgia value, but without that it's kinda mediocre. Enjoyable especially if you like absurd difficulty, but not polished as well as Sky.

SlowPokemon

You can't go wrong with any of them, tbh, since they're all essentially the same game. The DS ones have very low quality old-timely graphics (GTI and I'm guessing PSMD are absolutely beautiful) so I'd probably recommend getting this one on Friday or GTI if you can find it cheaper. When/if you decide to play Explorers, skip Time and Darkness like Altissimo said and just play Sky.

Altissimo

Quote from: SlowPokemon on November 19, 2015, 09:10:27 AMYou can't go wrong with any of them, tbh, since they're all essentially the same game. The DS ones have very low quality old-timely graphics (GTI and I'm guessing PSMD are absolutely beautiful) so I'd probably recommend getting this one on Friday or GTI if you can find it cheaper. When/if you decide to play Explorers, skip Time and Darkness like Altissimo said and just play Sky.

Eh, I wouldn't call the graphics a significant reason to skip. The pixel art in Time/Darkness/Sky (Especially the extra scenes in Sky) is quite lovely. Red/Blue are a little iffier because they're the same game but for GBA and DS, and the result is that the DS version looks rather... not-DS lol. But if graphics are a reason not to play, nobody would ever play Red/Blue/Yellow! :V

SlowPokemon

Well, I'm just saying, after playing X and Y for me it's pretty difficult to go back to anything older. I tried replaying Sky a couple months ago and couldn't get very far because the pixel stuff was so blurry unless I played at original resolution, which is really small lol.

Altissimo

btw i want to remind everyone to PLEASE spoiler your shit

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Altissimo on November 19, 2015, 11:46:28 AMbtw i want to remind everyone to PLEASE spoiler your shit

This omg even if it's the very beginning of the game, spoiler tags pls

Latios212

today is taking quite a while to pass.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

mikey

oh does it come out at midnight tonight
I was thinking about getting it since it seems decent
unmotivated

braix

I'll just steal psmd or something since I can't buy it
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Nebbles

SO EXCITED

BUT PLEASE, TAG EVERY SPOILER, BE CONSIDERATE!
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

mikey

seriously 14000 blocks
that's like as much as is already on my 3DS
unmotivated