News:

Interested in contributing to the site? Give The Arrangement Formatting Guidelines and The Arranging Checklist a good read!

Main Menu

POKÉMON SUPER MYSTERY DUNGEON

Started by Latios212, May 21, 2015, 06:14:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Altissimo

How are levels? Do you have to grind to keep up?

Zeila

All this talk about the game is making me so hyped! I won't be able to get it for another week though :/

From what I heard around on GameFAQs, there aren't many opportunities to grind (which is another reason why the story is shorter than let's say PMD2 because there is less goofing off time)

K-NiGhT

yeah there is like zero grinding time. It's super easy to get underleveled. It makes the last part of the game extremely difficult.

Speaking of which, I just hit Chapter 22 and man this story does not let up one bit! It's such a crazy ride from the second half on. For those of you who are still pre-Chapter 10, hold out! It's about to get better real soon!
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

mikey

unmotivated

K-NiGhT

I JUST BEAT THE GAME AND I WAS NOT PREPARED

THE TEARS ARE SO REAL

mastersuperfan

Oh, god...

I forgot about the release date and didn't pre-order it, so now it's coming on Tuesday. I'll get to play it over Thanksgiving break. :)

For some reason I still haven't ever played Red/Blue and GTI. Maybe I should. I know most of the story of Red/Blue and a good portion of GTI, but maybe I'll try them regardless.

Less grinding time? As in, less forced grinding time, or less grinding time completely? Because in Explorers, after the first few story missions, you could grind as long as you wanted before moving on with the story (the only exception that comes to mind is Spacial Rift, but you could store everything in the Kangaskhan Rock and keep grinding and dying).
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

SlowPokemon

Quote from: K-NiGhT on November 21, 2015, 10:37:19 PMyeah there is like zero grinding time. It's super easy to get underleveled. It makes the last part of the game extremely difficult.

Speaking of which, I just hit Chapter 22 and man this story does not let up one bit! It's such a crazy ride from the second half on. For those of you who are still pre-Chapter 10, hold out! It's about to get better real soon!

Tbh I haven't had time to play much because I'm with family all the time this week, but even now when I'm still only in Chapter 6, I'm absolutely in love with the story. This will probably end up being my favorite Pokémon Mystery Dungeon game.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Nebbles

It's really, really solid. The story is great.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Latios212

This game... I'm crying tears of joy. Even after just a few chapters, this game is surpassing my expectations in every way possible...
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

K-NiGhT

I'm moving to a second playthrough because I want to experience this story again RIGHT NOW.

mikey

Quote from: K-NiGhT on November 22, 2015, 01:01:30 PMI'm moving to a second playthrough because I want to experience this story again RIGHT NOW.
Imma play through a second time too once I'm done.  This is GREAT.
Also the reason there's less grinding time is because you can only do so many missions until the story starts back up again, and once the story starts you can't go anywhere else but to the story location.  I think I did maybe 20 expeditions in all.  Probably less.
unmotivated

IvyandQuil

Guess who just translated Travier's ripped soundtrack into each of the PSMD songs via PSMD jukebox and then put it in order and is uploading it to a dropbox folder to share?

THIS CRAZY GUY

InsigTurtle

I documented my sleep-deprived and drunk escapades through chapters one and two on a skype chat.
And that's all I've done.