News:

You just lost the game.

Main Menu

POKÉMON SUPER MYSTERY DUNGEON

Started by Latios212, May 21, 2015, 06:14:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

I'm stuck in this awkward position where I want to continue my adventure and listen to the jukebox so I just end up flipping between the two while listening to the menu theme
unmotivated

mastersuperfan

Epilogue
Wtf

How did I not cry at that ending

I've cried every single time I've played through Explorers

Except this is so much sadder

"It's not you who has to leave... It's me."

By this point I can't at all imagine anyone other than a Snivy named Flora taking the place of the partner

I do wish they brought up the plot point of the possibility of you returning to the human world earlier (as they did in Explorers, where you knew that you were going to disappear before you saved the world), which would give a more profound emotional impact when the big plot twist happened with your partner being Mew and having to disappear. But maybe that's just my nostalgia speaking.

Also,

"Heh hEH heH!"

oh no it's temmie
[close]
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

mikey

Quote from: mastersuperfan on November 29, 2015, 05:23:14 AM
Epilogue
Wtf

How did I not cry at that ending

I've cried every single time I've played through Explorers

Except this is so much sadder

"It's not you who has to leave... It's me."

By this point I can't at all imagine anyone other than a Snivy named Flora taking the place of the partner

I do wish they brought up the plot point of the possibility of you returning to the human world earlier (as they did in Explorers, where you knew that you were going to disappear before you saved the world), which would give a more profound emotional impact when the big plot twist happened with your partner being Mew and having to disappear. But maybe that's just my nostalgia speaking.
[close]
Told you
my favorite part of the epilogue is the "THanK YoU" that appears on the whitescreen
Spoiler
I dare you to walk into nuzleaf's house without getting a weird feeling
[close]
unmotivated

mastersuperfan

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on November 29, 2015, 11:26:51 AM
Spoiler
I dare you to walk into nuzleaf's house without getting a weird feeling
[close]

I don't accept that.

Spoiler
Actually, I'd think I'd get a weirder feeling if I entered Carracosta's house. No, I'd probably cry.
[close]

Meanwhile,

Post-game
I've started the Mew quest, gotten through the first Sand Dune whatever dungeon with a bunch of tries and a huge amount of Wand spam (not the Stayaway Wands though, saving those), but considering how useless Flora the Snivy was during the main game (after looking over forums now, people seem to say that Snivy is the weakest starter .-.), many would say just to ditch her after I get her back.

But, well... I couldn't do that. <3

At least that explains why Flora kept getting one-shot in every dungeon and did peanut damage. Superfan the Riolu at least did walnut damage and got two-shot instead a couple of times.

I wish we could change to Hidden Abilities. Then Flora could be useful with Contrary-Leaf Storm spam. :/
[close]

Oh, and by the way, what's everyone favorite theme from the game? Mine would have to be:

Spoiler
Tree of Life: Roots, although the second phase of Dark Matter's fight is really close.
[close]
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

mikey

It's a tossup between Wandering Ampharos and Mystery of Fossils
unmotivated

mastersuperfan

Well, I've done everything in the story...

...To reset? Or not to reset?

Hmm...

;_;

mikey

reset
I did, so did K-NiGhT
the story still gets you the second time around ._.
unmotivated

mastersuperfan

All right, I think I will.

The reason why I'm conflicted is because I've already done a lot of preparation for endgame shenanigans... But I should know by now not to get too attached to my save file.

Besides, Explorers never did a good job of keeping me around for long after the endgame. The lack of story and characterization in the post-game made the world seem so dull and boring...

I'm definitely picking Snivy for a partner again (even though her power level is garbage-tier). Should I pick Riolu again for a starter?

Altissimo

i beat the game, credits rolled

FDJGKFDJKGKBMVJKMFJKRMGJK HUH????

is my reaction

(post-game is a real bitch though, I'm a Pikachu and there keep being all these ground- and grass-based dungeons and im like cant we have one with nothing but ducklett so i can spam electro ball forever. But like I just went into
Spoiler
Purifying Cave
[close]
and I died on floor 12 like uHHGHH)

mikey

Quote from: Altissimo on November 29, 2015, 07:08:52 PMi beat the game, credits rolled

FDJGKFDJKGKBMVJKMFJKRMGJK HUH????

is my reaction

(post-game is a real bitch though, I'm a Pikachu and there keep being all these ground- and grass-based dungeons and im like cant we have one with nothing but ducklett so i can spam electro ball forever. But like I just went into
Spoiler
Purifying Cave
[close]
and I died on floor 12 like uHHGHH)
I'll rescue you
unmotivated

Altissimo

eh i just turned off the game because i didnt feel like waiting

But thanks for the offer

InsigTurtle

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
So, the Voidlands... They remind me of this scenario from Roller Coaster Tycoon 1.

Also fuck you Nuzleaf. Piece of shit. Go take you and your stupid Nuzleaf nipples to hell. And your stupid fucking Yveltal. I speculated about Yveltal being involved, too. And guess what. FUCK YOU.
[close]
[close]
[close]

Oh, might as well explain my choice of names.
Spoiler
My Cyndaquil's named Phosphor. It's just stuff that's luminescent. Also shows my interest in chemistry and all that.
Partner's Snivy. Named Tsuga. Named so because "Tsuga" is the Japanese word and is the genus of the hemlock tree. I grew up on the west coast, so I've seen them a lot. Gives me a nostalgic feeling. Also a pun on Snivy's Japanese name, Tsutaaja.
The team name used to be Allumage, the French word for ignition. Chosen because Bespinben suggested something that sounded like a fine wine. It refers to the creation of the fires of friendship. Then I misread it as "Illuminati". So now, the Illuminati is trying to recruit every single Pokémon.
[close]

Bubbles

Quote from: Altissimo on November 29, 2015, 07:08:52 PM(post-game is a real bitch though, I'm a Pikachu and there keep being all these ground- and grass-based dungeons and im like cant we have one with nothing but ducklett so i can spam electro ball forever.
Lmao meee I'm basically going through these dungeon with endless reviver seeds and wands because I've resigned to the fact that there's no way I can fight them myself

This soundtrack is so amazing though :') idk if I just wasn't as invested in Gates or if this one is that much better but I forgot how much I could love a pmd soundtrack. Ive had it on loop for about 4 hours now. Keep on arranging my friends.

EFitTrainr

Kman96 has the game. I don't.

He is a Mudkip named Kelsey. His partner is a Torchic named Eric. :')

(I have been waiting for years for him to name a video game character after me.)
I like food.

Bespinben

Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday