News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

POKÉMON SUPER MYSTERY DUNGEON

Started by Latios212, May 21, 2015, 06:14:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

Quote from: SlowPokemon on December 08, 2015, 01:02:51 AMSawk's Rock Smash pounds open the wall and expands the size of hallways and rooms -- that's why you encounter some rooms that are weirdly shaped and why the hallways are so wide in Reverse Mountain randomly. I only know this because I happened to walk by a Sawk using Rock Smash on the wall. So it's not a glitch.

Chapter 21
Just beat Yveltal and saved at the chapter break. I've gotta be through with the story soon, right?
[close]
yep!  Prepare your feels!  Also get ready for legolas' special cameo (I really thought the last 2 chapters were kinda cheesy though)
unmotivated

mastersuperfan

I think a meme is sprouting from Sawk Smash. Go take a look at the GameFAQs PSMD board and you'll know what I mean.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

SlowPokemon

Well, I beat the game (through the staff credits, anyway).

Spoiler
Overall this game felt more epic in scale than any of the others. And certainly the gameplay is leaps and bounds ahead of the others. The music is on par with what was in Gates to Infinity, and the graphics are even better. But the plot I felt was probably the weakest of the four games. It just felt so impersonal, like I didn't care about most of the characters much. The plot twists felt even more "dramatic soap opera" than usual, and for once I don't even mean that as a good thing--the story started throwing twists one right after the other to the point that I got really irritated. It moved so fast that I didn't really feel anything. Idk, at least I have a fun-looking post-game ahead, but the narrative was pretty lame considering what we've seen before. Good game, but in terms of plot, didn't work for me very well. That's just my opinion.
[close]
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

mikey

perhaps you should play through it the second time.  At first when all the plot twist stuff happened I was like oh come on that explanation is lame but when I played through it again, so many little things jumped out at me and it just made so much sense.  I'd recommend it if you thought the story was shaky
unmotivated

SlowPokemon

Nah there's no way I can sit through it again, it was like 25-some hours. And considering I predicted 90% of the plot twists there's not much that I missed. Gates to Infinity had a better plot imo

K-NiGhT

Quote from: SlowPokemon on December 08, 2015, 11:48:16 PMNah there's no way I can sit through it again, it was like 25-some hours. And considering I predicted 90% of the plot twists there's not much that I missed. Gates to Infinity had a better plot imo
Interesting. I actually enjoyed this plot for what it was worth and thought it was one of the best that the series had to offer, but I can definitely see your complaints with it.
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

SlowPokemon

Don't get me wrong, I definitely enjoyed the plot :D I just thought of the four games, it was the weakest one. I'm not trying to rag on it because I honestly would call this my favorite Pokémon Mystery Dungeon for the gameplay and quality of execution alone.

mastersuperfan

The plot's not very coherent, and there are a lot of loose ends everywhere... Plus, there's the dominant issue of the first half starting really slowly and the second half being a big story dump. But, I think overall the story is very touching. I personally didn't expect any of the plot twists.

If anything, the dialogue is very well written.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

mikey

Quote from: mastersuperfan on December 10, 2015, 01:46:31 PMThe plot's not very coherent, and there are a lot of loose ends everywhere...
This is what I meant
I THOUGHT SO but playing through it a second time made everything make a lot more sense
unmotivated

mikey

OOPS
so I uh
I'm on 12F of Mystery Jungle...
anyone wanna... rescue me?  5 star adventure!  (that means quality)
unmotivated

Altissimo

u still waiting? I'll give it a go

mikey

unmotivated

Altissimo

ok i have to eat dinner but i'll get right on it afterward

Altissimo

ok nocturne i rescued u unfortunately i have to give a password and not a QR code cause i dont get how these newfangled QR things work

3NF9FY1 +4R&7Q 5T#NMKR
-J6KC(circle)X 5++84& 2FWT=#R
67F6+WN (circle)3(circle)#W+ 2T0Q%+5
W(circle)9XXTX P121H4 MNM(circle)NPC

mikey

Quote from: Altissimo on December 10, 2015, 04:50:21 PMok nocturne i rescued u unfortunately i have to give a password and not a QR code cause i dont get how these newfangled QR things work

3NF9FY1 +4R&7Q 5T#NMKR
-J6KC(circle)X 5++84& 2FWT=#R
67F6+WN (circle)3(circle)#W+ 2T0Q%+5
W(circle)9XXTX P121H4 MNM(circle)NPC
what I do is when it shows you the codes, press the home menu, click on the miiverse icon, click save a screenshot or whatever, then tap the picture of the qr code/bottom screen and save it.  Then go to the miiverse on your pc and find the image and copy its url.  Embed it and presto you get a fancy QR code like mine
unmotivated