News:

New to the site? Introduce yourself here!

Main Menu

How do I use The Repeat Sign?

Started by videogaminglegodude, May 30, 2015, 10:49:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

videogaminglegodude

When I add a repeat sign in one of my arrangements, it does nothing.  How do I get it to actually repeat?
For lack of anything better to say, I love the Miis.

Maelstrom

Brawler4Ever

Maelstrom is right. Notepad can include the Repeat bar, but the playback will not activate it.

I personally have been using MuseScore to write my arrangements. The repeat function works, you can add 8vas, grace notes, etc. You just have to convert to an xml file so that Notepad can read it. It's more complicated, but it gets the job done. And it's free!
Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

videogaminglegodude

Quote from: Brawler4Ever on May 30, 2015, 01:22:30 PMMaelstrom is right. Notepad can include the Repeat bar, but the playback will not activate it.

I personally have been using MuseScore to write my arrangements. The repeat function works, you can add 8vas, grace notes, etc. You just have to convert to an xml file so that Notepad can read it. It's more complicated, but it gets the job done. And it's free!

Mind sending me a link?  Sounds good.

P.S.  on your sig, I dig smash bros too.  My favorite Player is currently Bowser Jr.

Brawler4Ever

https://musescore.org/

just click the big green button. It's a bit more complicated than Notepad; it does take some adjustment. But it's well worth it in the end! :D

off topic: I don't own a Wii U. I still own my original Wii, so I play Brawl. I also have the original Smash Bros with N64, so I'm not complaining!

JDMEK5

Quote from: Brawler4Ever on May 30, 2015, 01:22:30 PMI personally have been using MuseScore to write my arrangements. The repeat function works, you can add 8vas, grace notes, etc. You just have to convert to an xml file so that Notepad can read it. It's more complicated, but it gets the job done. And it's free!
This is fine and dandy but I should mention MuseScore's one big con is that if you plan on arranging here, Finale is your only real option. Even notepad although it sucks. MuseScore is a great free program for your own individual use but if you want your arrangements here, you'll have to put up with Notepad or upgrade.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Brawler4Ever

Quote from: JDMEK5 on May 30, 2015, 04:06:59 PMThis is fine and dandy but I should mention MuseScore's one big con is that if you plan on arranging here, Finale is your only real option. Even notepad although it sucks. MuseScore is a great free program for your own individual use but if you want your arrangements here, you'll have to put up with Notepad or upgrade.

Yeah, that is a really important note. However, it is possible to exchange files between MuseScore and Notepad.
Just export a MuseScore mscz file as an xml file. In Notepad, you can go to File > MusicXML > Find your desired xml file > Open, and it keeps all of the extra stuff that Notepad can't produce.
To go from Notepad to Musescore, export as an xml, and then open it like normal.
The conversion isn't perfect; any text created in MuseScore cannot be edited in Notepad (not that I've found anyway), but any text from Notepad can be edited in MuseScore. It's some tricky business, to be sure. But it is possible!

But yeah, VGLD, if you want to submit anything into the site, it needs to be a Notepad (mus file), not a MuseScore (mscz file). :)

videogaminglegodude

Quote from: Brawler4Ever on May 30, 2015, 04:57:00 PMYeah, that is a really important note. However, it is possible to exchange files between MuseScore and Notepad.
Just export a MuseScore mscz file as an xml file. In Notepad, you can go to File > MusicXML > Find your desired xml file > Open, and it keeps all of the extra stuff that Notepad can't produce.
To go from Notepad to Musescore, export as an xml, and then open it like normal.
The conversion isn't perfect; any text created in MuseScore cannot be edited in Notepad (not that I've found anyway), but any text from Notepad can be edited in MuseScore. It's some tricky business, to be sure. But it is possible!

But yeah, VGLD, if you want to submit anything into the site, it needs to be a Notepad (mus file), not a MuseScore (mscz file). :)

Thanks a bunch! :D
Spoiler
Just keep brawling!!!! ;D
[close]