News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

Pedal marks

Started by Maelstrom, June 02, 2015, 06:33:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maelstrom

How do I create pedal markings using that line thing instead of just using articulations?

Sebastian

You could just use the line tool and then write in "con pedale"
Tbh, I don't know. This is my best guess :p ^

mikey

draw it in then scan it
unmotivated

braix

dangit you freaking beat me to it...
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Shadoninja

[Redacted]
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Tobbeh99

The options:
1) articulations, doesn't work if you have different staffs on different channels 
2) Ped.+* smart shape, why not use this instead of articulation really good and easy.
3) Lines, good for more advanced pedal lines, or if you really feel like writing it down. Quite tedious to work with.
4) write a text, like "con ped." and "senza ped." if let's say one part is with pedal and one other is without. Could be combined with the lines to show how to do the pedaling. In one of my arrangements I wrote "con ped." and wrote down the pedaling with lines for a couple of measures and after wrote "simile" indicating that the pedal is to be used as the examples showed. It felt too tedious to write it all out, since the pedaling was so simple.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

JDMEK5

I just don't get why finale couldn't have had a simple single tool for the linear pedal marking form. It's so common and I'm blown away by the difficulty of putting one in. God.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Tobbeh99

Y, and why wont they make it so the lines automatically align?? 
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Maelstrom

Thanks guys. It actually worked, and wasn't quite as hard as I thought it would be.
I would upgrade to Finale 2016 just for a dedicated pedal tool.

JDMEK5

Quote from: Maelstrom on June 08, 2015, 01:37:12 PMI would upgrade to Finale 2016 just for a dedicated pedal tool.
Wait, they have one?
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements

Maelstrom

JDMEK5

Ah. Had me hyped for a minute there.

My Arrangements

FierceDeity

Quote from: Shadoninja on June 02, 2015, 09:38:47 PM
stuff
Written for 2012. might be different or not applicable for other versions.

Custom line tool

Smartshape->Smart Shape Options...

Make sure "Smart Lines" is set to "Custom Line".  Hit the "Select..." button

pick your poison

when you set the lines down, they won't align or attach to each other (WHICH IS A HUGE PAIN). so you'll need to fiddle with it.
[close]

This is how it works for 2011, too, in case anyone was wondering.

Quote from: Maelstrom on June 08, 2015, 01:37:12 PMThanks guys. It actually worked, and wasn't quite as hard as I thought it would be.
I would upgrade to Finale 2016 just for a dedicated pedal tool.

Finale has a genius business model, when you think about it
They probably realize that their program is a nonintuitive piece of shit, but if they just spread the fixes that should've been made a long time ago throughout years of upgrades, they can give people a reason to keep buying them

...that is, until Sibelius makes a few minor improvements necessary for professional engraving and corners the market