Up-to-date news?! Preposterous!

Main Menu

Altissimo's *one* composition

Started by Altissimo, July 17, 2015, 03:02:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Altissimo

snip

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Sounds very pop like, and it fits it very well! Great modulation to F, great piano accompaniment. Though, with your well trained background, I'm not surprised~
For some reason, this reminds me of something that would play in a PSA in Columbia from Bioshock Infinite.
what is shitpost

InsigTurtle

Those measures of irregular time signatures are quite nice- they flow very well, which I hope was your intention?

Altissimo

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on July 17, 2015, 09:52:47 PMSounds very pop like, and it fits it very well! Great modulation to F, great piano accompaniment. Though, with your well trained background, I'm not surprised~
For some reason, this reminds me of something that would play in a PSA in Columbia from Bioshock Infinite.

Never played Bioshock Infinite, so I wouldn't know. But hey, thanks for the compliments! :p

Quote from: InsigTurtleThose measures of irregular time signatures are quite nice- they flow very well, which I hope was your intention?

Yeah, definitely. I made up the melody before I ever notated it on paper (this whole project started as a response to the fact that I would just have the first several lines of the poem in my head out of boredom and I found myself singing it, and decided "Hey, what if I made a project out of this...?"), and my intention was to kind of capture the "timeless" feel of some art songs I've heard before - where the poem, lacking a consistent beat, gets translated into music with a melody that works around the text and what beat there is rather than the phrasal structure of most pop music/songs whose lyrics follow a more consistent meter. When I finally got around to putting it down on paper, the irregular time signatures turned out to be the best/only way to notate half of what I had in my head.