News:

See you space cowboy...

Main Menu

Hi?

Started by DreamTheater123, July 24, 2015, 05:07:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DreamTheater123

Hello. I just found this site. I have been using this to practice piano for over 6 years and I barely found this! I would like to contribute, but I'm wondering what my first step is to arranging songs. Any help would be appreciated as I am a total noob. I just found this site so please go easy on me. Thank you. I'd love to arrange a variety of songs from Zelda, Pokemon, and many more!

DreamTheater123

Man this place is really slow  ::)
I expected quicker responses!

Hero of Trains

Hello, and welcome! I can't really help with arranging, but it seems like the first thing you should do is just get started! People can't critique nothing!  ;)
Quote from: Dudeman on May 22, 2015, 06:24:42 PM
See guys? Trains isn't nice all the time.
Quote from: also Dudeman
Trains is so nice that I'm sure she'd resurrect herself for a few minutes to compliment you back

AwesomeYears

Welcome! If you want to arrange and submit some sheets, first, you'll need to download Finale Notepad. (I know it's not really good for notation, but we only accept MUS files) Then you need to choose a song and convert it to a MP3 file (Youtube to MP3). Audio Stretch will help you slow down the song with the MP3 file. Lastly, you need a PDF converter to make a PDF of your music sheet.

Tobbeh99

First of you can read the Formatting Guidelines. That is the formatting standards for the site. Otherwise it's basically to start arrange. Pick a tune that's not already on site and arrange it. Look at other people for inspiration.

For slowing down songs I highly recommend http://www.audiostretch.com/audiostretchforflash/. This site let's you slow down songs to 0%! And with a software synth nearby, that's all the tools you need, and all the tools I use, for arranging songs. And obviously a Finale Program, it's necessary.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

DreamTheater123

Tobbeh99

You can create your own arrangement thread like everyone else here: http://forum.ninsheetmusic.org/index.php?board=31.0
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Maelstrom

Quote from: DreamTheater123 on July 24, 2015, 05:17:42 PMMan this place is really slow  ::)
I expected quicker responses!
Btw, this forum is a little slow, but very inconsistent. Sometimes you might get a response in 5 minutes, while, other times, a newly created will go unnoticed for weeks.

Latios212

Welcome! ;D Yup, anything you need to know about arranging you can probably find above.

Quote from: DreamTheater123 on July 24, 2015, 05:07:31 PMI have been using this to practice piano for over 6 years and I barely found this!
Did you know we now take performance video submissions?

Also by any chance are you related to Maelstrom?
Quote from: Maelstrom on May 31, 2015, 08:47:04 AMHi?
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

DreamTheater123

Haha no, I am not related to anyone here, or so I think. Finale Notepad is finally downloaded and I read your rules for the format and all that. And yeah, I just realized that there are over a thousand members though I think that over half of them are ghost accounts? Surprised you guys haven't removed inactive accounts, but hey, what's the point? Just wanted to let you guys all know, I began arranging on a song and I can't wait for it to be critiqued and no I'm not related to Maelstrom or so I think XD
Why do you ask?

Latios212

lol just because he always says "Hi?" to new people.

I look forward to your arrangement!
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

DreamTheater123

Quote from: Latios212 on July 24, 2015, 08:01:27 PMlol just because he always says "Hi?" to new people.

I look forward to your arrangement!
I see what you did there. XD
Anyways, Noki Bay should be up pretty soon. It's going pretty damn well if I do say so myself

braix

All you do is listen to the notes and put them down in Finale. It should come in practice and critique so as long as you don't quit, you should be all good
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Sebastian

Quote from: DreamTheater123 on July 24, 2015, 08:38:08 PMI see what you did there. XD
Anyways, Noki Bay should be up pretty soon. It's going pretty damn well if I do say so myself
Ooooooo.....Noki Bay. MLF likes ($)

DreamTheater123

Quote from: braixen1264 on July 24, 2015, 08:40:11 PMAll you do is listen to the notes and put them down in Finale. It should come in practice and critique so as long as you don't quit, you should be all good
Oh don't worry, as John Adams once said, "Uses prompto facit."
Have a good gut feeling about this site.