Bloop's "Too Hot To Handle" Project Sheets

Started by Bloop, August 10, 2023, 06:51:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

XiaoMigros

Nice work on this! Notes all look great, so here's some nit picked engraving suggestions:
  • m4-5: If you start the curved LH tie higher up the note, it doesn't need to be as curved:
    You cannot view this attachment.
  • Do you think the segno would be better aligned to the left barline, so it's more visible when navigating pages?
  • I think it's generally best to avoid colliding stems between layers, when they have different note values. Do you agree? If so, have fun with the note mover tool if not, thats fine lol
  • D.S. marking would be nicer size 14 than size 12

XiaoMigros

• m13-16 and similar: Thoughts on adding some ornamentation to this RH part? It's not the loudest in the original but would help provide distinction between the different instruments
  • m33 and similar: I'm not sold on the large LH jumps for beat 3.25, especially since it fits into the RH pretty comfortably.
    Also the rests in the RH would be better as two 4ths each
  • m42: I'm not sure I hear a G in the LH, sounds like an F chord

Latios212

Oops I was also looking at Earth Temple at the same time

- Thoughts about inserting a held low bass C at the beginning of m. 25 so it still sounds "anchored" based on the original? It's a bit empty here at the moment. If you do, you could restrike it in m. 27 and 28 if you want.
- I see your discussion about m. 30 above and while I'm having difficulty following the parts in the original I think what you came up with is fine. However, I feel like listening to the original, the left hand harmony part moves back to C on beat 1 (from the Bb in the previous measure). Thoughts? I'm not totally sure about the Bb on beat 3 either, but I don't have any better suggestions.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Bloop

Fixed Bowser's Castle!

Quote from: XiaoMigros on November 19, 2023, 02:40:55 PM
  • m13-16 and similar: Thoughts on adding some ornamentation to this RH part? It's not the loudest in the original but would help provide distinction between the different instruments
What kinda ornamentation were you thinking of? I don't really hear anything but these notes

Quote from: XiaoMigros on November 19, 2023, 02:40:55 PM
  • m33 and similar: I'm not sold on the large LH jumps for beat 3.25, especially since it fits into the RH pretty comfortably.
I think I originally had it like this because I had the low Bb and C at beat 1 tied over into m34, but I removed that tie because it was uncomfortable to hold them in general. Anyway, changed m33+37 and did the same in m31+35

Quote from: Latios212 on November 19, 2023, 02:50:14 PM- I see your discussion about m. 30 above and while I'm having difficulty following the parts in the original I think what you came up with is fine. However, I feel like listening to the original, the left hand harmony part moves back to C on beat 1 (from the Bb in the previous measure). Thoughts? I'm not totally sure about the Bb on beat 3 either, but I don't have any better suggestions.
Yeah it's really hard for some reason to hear exactly what notes are played on which instrument, but I changed some Bb's to C's. Hopefully this works best!

XiaoMigros

Quote from: Bloop on November 21, 2023, 02:30:26 AMWhat kinda ornamentation were you thinking of? I don't really hear anything but these notes
I'm hearing some mordents, but they are very faint

double acception time