NocturneOfShadow
3 (33.3%)
BlackDragonSlayer
5 (55.6%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: August 12, 2015, 08:37:09 PM

mikey

Unburial Rites has a white flashback cost

and as of magic origins with the exception of Goblin Piledriver, cards won't have protection from colors
unmotivated

mikey

How's this look davy

Each team has multiple thematic powers to be used at night.  Each power can be used only once, and only up to one power can be used each night.  An ability with a cooldown means that team can't use a power the next night.
White-
Exile (can't be revived, gives an enemy team a random power back),
Guarding,
Roleblock

Blue-
Power Seering (reveals the role of an enemy player),
Marking(cooldown) (marks a player then they die the following night),
Control Magic tbd

Black-
Vigi,
Revive-both black players cannot vote during the next day phase(cooldown)
Guarding

Red-
Vigi,
Temporary Charisma (triples a player's voting power),
Phoenix(revive for 1 day phase)

Green-
Immunity,
Fight(kills target player if they don't have a teammate),
Coroner(cooldown)

White's first power represents path, swords, oblation, and the like, which each give an opponent a boost in resources, while also playing well against black and red.  Its second power represents its concern for allies and the masses, like center soul, sudden disappearance, and cloudshift.  Its third power represents its need for control and order, representing cards like pacifism and arrest.
Blue's first power represents their emphasis on knowledge, such as Gitaxian Probe.  Its second power, as you explained, represents bounce followed by a counter.  Its third power represents its ability to control weaker minds, literally the card Control Magic.
Black's first power represents their willingness to kill to get what they need, any generic kill spell such as doom blade.  Its second power represents its willingness to make sacrifices (mainly of other people) to get ahead.  It can also thematically represent zombies, who are slow and as such enter the battlefield tapped.  And guarding is regeneration, an ability that is almost exclusively green/black.
Red's first power represents their recklessness and sheer brute force.  Its second power represents red's emotions, which is a central part of red's belief.  Phoenixes are red, enough said.
Green's first power represents hexproof.  Its second power represents its pride on strength, killing a "weaker" player.  The coroner, as you explained, represents its interest in death and the graveyard (plenty of innistrad cards show this).
unmotivated

davy

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on August 11, 2015, 11:54:50 AMHow's this look davy

Each team has multiple thematic powers to be used at night.  Each power can be used only once, and only up to one power can be used each night.  An ability with a cooldown means that team can't use a power the next night.
White-
Exile (can't be revived, gives an enemy team a random power back),
Guarding,
Roleblock

Blue-
Power Seering (reveals the role of an enemy player),
Marking(cooldown) (marks a player then they die the following night),
Control Magic (turns a random red or green player blue)

Black-
Vigi,
Sacrifice revive (kills an allied color player to revive a black player) (cooldown),
Guarding

Red-
Vigi,
Temporary Charisma (doubles a player's voting power),
Phoenix(revive for 1 day phase)

Green-
Immunity,
Fight(kills target player if they don't have a teammate),
Coroner(cooldown)

White's first power represents path, swords, oblation, and the like, which each give an opponent a boost in resources, while also playing well against black and red.  Its second power represents its concern for allies and the masses, like center soul, sudden disappearance, and cloudshift.  Its third power represents its need for control and order, representing cards like pacifism and arrest.
Blue's first power represents their emphasis on knowledge, such as Gitaxian Probe.  Its second power, as you explained, represents bounce followed by a counter.  Its third power represents its ability to control weaker minds, literally the card Control Magic.
Black's first power represents their willingness to kill to get what they need, any generic kill spell such as doom blade.  Its second power represents its willingness to make sacrifices (mainly of other people) to get ahead.  And guarding is regeneration, an ability that is almost exclusively green/black.
Red's first power represents their recklessness and sheer brute force.  Its second power represents red's emotions, which is a central part of red's belief.  Phoenixes are red, enough said.
Green's first power represents hexproof.  Its second power represents its pride on strength, killing a "weaker" player.  The coroner, as you explained, represents its interest in death and the graveyard (plenty of innistrad cards show this).

White looks good.

Green looks pretty good as well, but I'm not sure why you put a cooldown on the coroner.

Red is a little underpowered. Having no protection (except the phoenix, but that barely counts) red should be able to finish the game quickly. However, whereas in MTG the board state becomes stronger the longer the game continues, in TWG the teams become weaker as the game progresses. Only doubling red's vote means it will be mainly useful in the endgame, contrary to what red tries to acomplish, and red probably won't make it that far, because they have no protection. That is the reason why I suggested tripling the vote of the player. If you think that is unbalanced, you can decide that the power is only usable during the first three night phases or something like that.

Black's sacrifice revive is a bit too strong, even with a cooldown. Getting the best form of protection while also helping an ally with its vicory condition and setting back another player is just too powerfull. I would be okay with a martyr power (sacrificing the player to revive two allies/teammates), but that goes completely against black's believes.
After giving it some thought I think the power would be good if it forces black to sacrifice one of its other powers.

It's amusing to see how one power can change the weakest team into the strongest. blue's control magic is very overpowerd. It is essentially a vigi that always hits an enemy and a revive (because extra player) in one. If that was blue's only power, it would already be overpowerd, and that is exactly why I opted for a weaker alternative (only being able to control that players vote and preventing that player from using powers). If you want to change it to hitting a targeted player rather than an enemy, that still leaves blue with two kill powers, so in that case I'd suggest changing Marking back to roleblocking.

EDIT: It would also be fun if black could only self-guard and white can only guard other players (including teammates).
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

mikey

How about for control magic if that player gets targeted they change color again, and if the targeting would kill them itdoesn't?

The rest is fixed

EDIT: I have a cooldown on the coroner because coroner-vote-fight to end the game seems a little strong
unmotivated

davy

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on August 11, 2015, 01:24:39 PMHow about for control magic if that player gets targeted they change color again, and if the targeting would kill them itdoesn't?

That would make me dislike the power even more, because it would mean the power is either still as strong as before, or a waste of a power.
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

Dudeman

Edited my game. Posting again here for convenience:

TWG LXXXIII: Convergence Zone

All lynch votes are messaged privately to the game host.

Colored Cardflips are in effect.

Wolves:
1. Tridus: Has a one-use vigilante upon death.
2. Blind/Deaf: Wolf Schizophrenic. Can either seduce one character during any night phase to force them to vote during the following day phase for whatever player Blind chooses OR can prevent the Seer from using their power during any Night phase.
3. Cil: Starts on the side of the wolves and has the wolf win conditions, but is told he is a normal human. Wolves are not told Cil's identity. If Cil is lynched, he flies into a rage and kills one other player selected at random. In the thread it is publicly announced that "Cil flew into a rage and killed <player>!" Cil's player is messaged "You are Cil. You have killed <player>." If Cil publicly claims his role at any time from this point forward, he switches to the human side and gains the human win conditions.

Humans:
4. Agrith: If Agrith is lynched, Tridus dies without using his vigilante. Is told he is a normal human.
5. Vintash: Can avoid one mislynch. Is told she is a normal human.
6. Othek: Always wins a Knife in the Box. Is told he is a normal human.
7. Rofut: Takes two hits to kill. Is told she is a normal human.
8. Tirall: Is told the identities of Tridus, Jogul, Sekka, and Rofut, but not which is which.
9. Sekka: Immortal Seer. If Sekka is wolfed, his spirit will leave his body and inhabit a random, normal human who will become the new seer. The new seer will remain green. This power transfer only occurs once.
10. Jogul: The Fool. If the Fool dies, the game is over and the Fool wins UNLESS Jogul is killed by Cil's rage. Jogul is immune to all wolfings. Is told he is the Fool.

Elements:
Each human (including Cil) possesses an element. If a player votes to lynch a player who is weak against their element, their vote will count for two.
- Agrith: Fire. Double against Cil and Jogul.
- Vintash: Wind. Double against Othek and Agrith.
- Othek: Water. Double against Agrith and Tirall.
- Tirall: Earth. Double against Vintash and Sekka.
- Sekka: Lightning. Double against Othek and Jogul.
- Jogul: Jungle. Double against Tirall and Rofut.
- Rofut: Stone. Double against Cil and Sekka.
- Cil: Ice. Double against Vintash and Rofut.

Wolves who aren't Cil know each other.
Wolves win the number of wolves is equal to or greater than the number of remaining humans. If this condition is met while Cil is aware of his role and is still a wolf, Cil may choose to remain a wolf and win automatically OR join the humans to try and lynch the wolves.
Humans win if all the wolves are lynched/killed.
Jogul wins if he is lynched.

One other change I made is that Agrith has to be lynched in order to activate his power. That way the wolves don't accidentally start the game with a disadvantage if they get lucky and wolf him right off the bat.

Also, if my game gets picked, two of the subs will need to become full players. Dude? MLF? Liggy?

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

davy

Can we get someone to make the tiebreaker vote?

Sebastian

mikey

IMO we should play the simpler game given this is nsm
unmotivated

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

davy

Quote from: Dudeman on August 13, 2015, 09:35:01 AMdoes this mean i win

Yeah, I'll count that as the tiebreaker vote.

You may post your game now.

Dudeman

Yassssss

I need to know which two of you subs would like a full spot in the game. MLF, I assume your vote means you want in?

Sebastian

Dudeman

Okay, so either Liggy or Dude needs to in.

Dude

Too complicated for me, but I can still sub.