News:

New to the site? Introduce yourself here!

Main Menu

[N64] Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards - "02 (Zero Two)"

Started by Kayachlata, August 06, 2015, 04:21:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brawler4Ever

Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

Kayachlata

Not sure if this helps or not, but the Video Game Music Choir also did a rendition of the song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0s0f1ooIes

It may be possible to contact them or you may be able to get better audio cues from the video to help.

Brawler4Ever

Since flygon's disappeared, I'll pick this up again. For the really difficult part (measure 65), I've figured out (using a tool to help me slow down the song) that there are 64 notes stretched across 8 measures, with the 65th note becoming the whole note . Everything that I've been doing since then has been to make that happen, and the best way that I've seen is simply 64 eighth notes. I tried triplets, but it didn't fit properly; it ended too quickly. Using swing, however, seems to work, for whatever reason. Not entirely sure there.
mus version
mscz version (MuseScore)

My version of swing does not work in the mus version, but it does in the mscz version. Most likely, however, I'm mistaken about the part about swing. I'm fine with that. As far as I know, it would be completely out of place in a song like this. However, playing both the song and my sheet at half tempo (85 bpm) with Swing in effect, both the notes in my sheet and the notes in the song play exactly the same (timing and pitch) in the mscz version. I'm not a music expert, so I can't explain it, but I know that it works. Most likely, though, there's another explanation, and I would be happy to hear it. :)

Tobbeh99

The thing is, the song doesn't have swing 8ths but rather the whole song goes in a compound meter (6/8, 12/8). And that part measure 65, is just quarter+8th rhythm in a compound meter.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Brawler4Ever

Yeah, I knew that it being swing didn't make sense. Thank you! I'll change it to 12/8 and work on it from there.

Brawler4Ever

(double post, sorry)

Oval Squared

This is what I have so far. As far as I can see, there's not much more that I can do to make it better (until I receive some feedback). :)

However, there is a weird glitch in the playback at the end. I'll work it out tomorrow. But beyond that, it's looking pretty good!

flygon9

Kayachlata

I checked out what you have.  It seems pretty good.  I'm not very good at terminology on how to improve it, however, I found someone else rendition in a PDF that might help. http://www.gamemusicthemes.com/sheetmusic/nintendo64/kirby64thecrystalshards/finalbosso2/Kirby_64_-_The_Crystal_Shards_-_Final_Boss_O2_by_ALF.pdf

Let me know if there's any update on it!  Thank you so much :)