News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

[PC] Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake - "Night Fall" by Arc of the Half-Moon

Started by Zeta, August 10, 2015, 12:17:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Metal Gear
Game: Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake
Console: PC
Title: Night Fall
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Arc of the Half-Moon

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Arc of the Half-Moon

Here's another arrangement that I've been holding onto for a lot longer than I should have, and here's the actual song for comparison:

One thing I want noted is that I have no idea who actually composed the song. Looking it up gives a list of 7 composers, and nowhere does it specify who is responsible for each individual track.

Given such a huge lack of info, I decided it would be safest to just credit the guy who was always listed first, because I assumed that meant he was the most prolific of the team.

That's what I chose to do, but I need to know whether or not that is acceptable here. Should I give credit to the entire composition team instead, or is the submission doomed without a confirmed composer?
My Favorite Song:
Spoiler
YES - "Close to the Edge"
[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/yesofficial/yes-close-to-the-edge[/soundcloud]
[close]

My Favorite Game:
Spoiler
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
[close]

Tobbeh99

You could write composition by Konami Kukeiha Club. I think that's the best solution, by writing so you don't exclude anyone.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Bespinben

This is great! Only a few little fixes, and should be good to go:

*You need to show beat 3 in a 4/4 song. Dotted quarter, dotted quarter, quarter (like in m. 1) violates this principle. Instead, write that rhythm as dotted quarter, 8th-tied-quarter, quarter. Apply similarly to the rest of the piece.

*An extension of the above, you don't write two consecutive dotted note values, as this obscures the clarity of the syncopated rhythms. For example, in m. 6, you have a dotted 8th, dotted 8th, 8th, when instead it should be dotted 8th, 16th-tied-8th, 8th. Apply similarly to the rest of the piece.

*(Optional)~ I noticed you omitted the 16th note ostinato from the original in m. 1-4. If you DID want to incorporate this, you could transpose the part downwards to play below the melody of the RH in a 2nd layer. It's fine if you don't wish to do this, but IF you did (or perhaps didn't even hear it until now), that would be the best approach.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Arc of the Half-Moon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on August 10, 2015, 03:14:17 PMYou could write composition by Konami Kukeiha Club. I think that's the best solution, by writing so you don't exclude anyone.

Quote from: Bespinben on August 10, 2015, 03:35:54 PM*You need to show beat 3 in a 4/4 song. Dotted quarter, dotted quarter, quarter (like in m. 1) violates this principle. Instead, write that rhythm as dotted quarter, 8th-tied-quarter, quarter. Apply similarly to the rest of the piece.

*An extension of the above, you don't write two consecutive dotted note values, as this obscures the clarity of the syncopated rhythms. For example, in m. 6, you have a dotted 8th, dotted 8th, 8th, when instead it should be dotted 8th, 16th-tied-8th, 8th. Apply similarly to the rest of the piece.

Done, done, and done. Glad to see you guys are as helpful as ever, and thanks. I'll make sure to stop my overuse of dotted notes, by the way.
My Favorite Song:
Spoiler
YES - "Close to the Edge"
[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/yesofficial/yes-close-to-the-edge[/soundcloud]
[close]

My Favorite Game:
Spoiler
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
[close]

Zeta