News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

Introducing NinSheetMusic Performance Videos!

Started by Jamaha, August 17, 2015, 11:51:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamaha

This update is something different. This is the first of the updates in our NinSheetMusic Performance Videos project. There are lots of videos on YouTube of talented pianists playing the arrangements we have created. In many cases such videos and channels have way fewer views and subscribers than they deserve. The aim of this project is to give more exposure to said musicians and help the people browsing our site find them. Of course, at the same time NSM gets more activity and our great arrangements get more lively performances than the MIDI files currently provide.

To begin with, we have the following videos:

Pokémon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire - The Lament of Falling Stars by Latios212
Pokémon Black/White -  N's Farewell by braixen1264
Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum - Battle! (Elite Four) by Toss Event
Super Mario 3D World - Captain Toad Goes Forth by TheMarioPianist
Animal Crossing: Wild World - The Roost by Jamaha

All videos in a playlist

I do not yet know how often we will post these updates and how many videos they will include in the future. That depends entirely on the number of videos we receive. Perhaps you would like to help? Have you recorded yourself playing our arrangements? If you'd like to be featured in these updates, make sure to submit your videos to our forums. You can find the board and guidelines for submitting videos here.

Happy listening!
Jamaha

Maelstrom

Tobbeh99

hmm, I though we were going to have a button next to pdf,mus,midi which says "Youtube" and led to the youtube video. Isn't that a good idea?? 
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

ThatGamer

Where can I submit my live videos? I have many arrangements that I played! I would love to see them here!!!!  ;D ;D ;D
Quote from: Altissimo on August 29, 2015, 12:00:16 PM
Since I haven't heard from her personally I don't wanna be like "YO HERE'S THE CHATROOM OK"

Jamaha

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on August 17, 2015, 12:00:42 PMhmm, I though we were going to have a button next to pdf,mus,midi which says "Youtube" and led to the youtube video. Isn't that a good idea??

It is but I'll implement it later. At this point it is not really necessary.

Quote from: ThatGamer on August 17, 2015, 12:06:12 PMWhere can I submit my live videos? I have many arrangements that I played! I would love to see them here!!!!  ;D ;D ;D

http://forum.ninsheetmusic.org/index.php?board=37.0

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Pianist Da Sootopolis

A quick question: Are performance submissions up for contestment? For instance, if I feel that I can cover "N's Farewell" better than Braix, and I submit a recording, is it possible to get mine featured as opposed to his?
what is shitpost

ThatGamer

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on August 17, 2015, 12:26:49 PMA quick question: Are performance submissions up for contestment? For instance, if I feel that I can cover "N's Farewell" better than Braix, and I submit a recording, is it possible to get mine featured as opposed to his?

Yes, I would love to know as well, because I have a Captain Toad arrangement, that, no offence to him, has less mistakes in it.
Since I haven't heard from her personally I don't wanna be like "YO HERE'S THE CHATROOM OK"

ThatGamer

Latios212

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on August 17, 2015, 12:26:49 PMA quick question: Are performance submissions up for contestment? For instance, if I feel that I can cover "N's Farewell" better than Braix, and I submit a recording, is it possible to get mine featured as opposed to his?

Quote from: Jamaha on July 16, 2015, 11:09:21 AMAlso, there's no claiming of songs here. We aren't really going for "2458/2458 all arrangements completed" here. This is just about letting people posts videos of the arrangements they have wanted to play. If that results in 10 different version of the Super Mario Bros. main theme, then so be it.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: ThatGamer on August 17, 2015, 12:29:07 PMYes, I would love to know as well, because I have a Captain Toad arrangement, that, no offence to him, has less mistakes in it.

Ok then.

Haha just kidding! There is no claiming type system, like stated above. Multiple videos of the same song are allowed, so feel free to submit it! I'd love to see it played better, because I know mine was nowhere near perfect!
"I'm always here to help. Except when I'm not." ~Latios212

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

ThatGamer

Quote from: TheMarioPianist on August 17, 2015, 12:42:30 PMOk then.

Haha just kidding! There is no claiming type system, like stated above. Multiple videos of the same song are allowed, so feel free to submit it! I'd love to see it played better, because I know mine was nowhere near perfect!

Sorry man! I didn't mean to offend you!

But I will nevertheless someday upload it! After I upload my horrid arrangements from 2013 that is...lol

Sebastian

Awesome work, guys! Nice work getting it up and running, Jamaha! :)

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: Latios212 on August 17, 2015, 12:33:31 PM[snip]
That's great, but there's only one link on the site; I'm just curious how that's determined.
what is shitpost

mikey

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on August 17, 2015, 12:26:49 PMif I feel that I can cover "N's Farewell" better than Braix
hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
unmotivated