Comments on A Story Written by TMP, Latios, and Trains

Started by TheMarioPianist, August 17, 2015, 02:31:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheMarioPianist

Self-explanatory. Probably not necessary yet, but just in case.
"I'm always here to help. Except when I'm not." ~Latios212

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

Bubbles

TheMarioPianist

Ok guys, the intro to my story is going up as we speak. Oh wait, we aren't speaking. You're just reading this text I am typing while I should be uploading the intro. WHY AREN'T YOU TELLING ME TO STOP? Oh yea, this isn't live. Just go see it when I say its up, ok? Oh yea, there's still not a title. Not important. Maybe there is a title. It just hasn't been revealed to you yet. It will be...at the proper time. Or maybe when I think of one.

UPDATE: And the moment you've all been waiting for...The intro is posted! Like it? Dislike it? Let me know here! But not over there...

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

Sebastian

ThatGamer

Purely awesome. Better story in one paragraph then I ever did in a a whole book  :P
Quote from: Altissimo on August 29, 2015, 12:00:16 PM
Since I haven't heard from her personally I don't wanna be like "YO HERE'S THE CHATROOM OK"

Dudeman

Suspense! Drama! Excitement! Intrigue! There's a lot packed into this intro and we've been left with a lot of questions. Good work. Not everyone is able to pull that off smoothly.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

ThatGamer

Since I haven't heard from her personally I don't wanna be like "YO HERE'S THE CHATROOM OK"

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: ThatGamer on August 20, 2015, 08:48:34 AMWhen is Chapter 1?  ;D
ftfy

Anyway, who knows? When is Chapter 1? Or 2? Or 3? Or 30? The characters will dictate how fast and how long this story moves. The first chapter when the writer deems that it is at a level that will please his audience the most. It depends how smoothly Caleb Kelly and Malachi Leonard develop. Man, those pseudonyms are not that good...but remember that, they are pseudonyms. Feel free to start guessing who these people are. These first 2 are probably easy, but trust me, they won't all be this simple...

Quote from: mariolegofan on August 20, 2015, 06:25:46 AMLove it so far!
Quote from: ThatGamer on August 20, 2015, 08:35:38 AMPurely awesome. Better story in one paragraph then I ever did in a a whole book  :P
Quote from: Dudeman on August 20, 2015, 08:45:36 AMSuspense! Drama! Excitement! Intrigue! There's a lot packed into this intro and we've been left with a lot of questions. Good work. Not everyone is able to pull that off smoothly.

Thanks for the encouraging words, guys! I was worried for a while that after I transferred it onto the page, it was a little too obvious that it was 2:30am for me when I finished it. Those words remind me that the only thing revealing that to you guys is a timestamp. Look forward to the next chapter! I'm busy this afternoon, but I might be able to squeeze it in! If not, then I'll write it tomorrow for sure!

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

ThatGamer

Hmm...I have no idea who the first two are. Guessing Caleb Kelly is probably you...maybe Malachi is Jamaha?

Dudeman

Considering that the characters are based on the profiles we sent him, and not our actual selves, guessing anyone's character but your own is probably a fruitless venture.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

ThatGamer

Quote from: Dudeman on August 20, 2015, 09:37:32 AMConsidering that the characters are based on the profiles we sent him, and not our actual selves, guessing anyone's character but your own is probably a fruitless venture.

Oh...I thought we were giving away our actual characteristics...so I guess it will be easy to spot me, hey?...

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: ThatGamer on August 20, 2015, 09:39:34 AMOh...I thought we were giving away our actual characteristics...so I guess it will be easy to spot me, hey?...
Quote from: Dudeman on August 20, 2015, 09:37:32 AMConsidering that the characters are based on the profiles we sent him, and not our actual selves, guessing anyone's character but your own is probably a fruitless venture.

First of all, the profile could have been your actual self out a made up personality. Second of all, I think I worded the guessing thing poorly. What I meant was it would be pretty easy to guess if it was your own character. Since you can't guess Malachi, then it's probably not you. Caleb was pretty simple; I don't know how easy it would be to make a story where I was not represented as the narrator or storyteller. I'm currently debating whether the story will be told from my first person point of view or if it will be all 3rd person. Probably first, since that's the way the intro starts. So yea, I'll go with first.

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

Sebastian

ThatGamer

Quote from: mariolegofan on August 20, 2015, 09:56:17 AMMalachi = MLF

Haha, Malachi hardly sounds like you... :P

Must have chosen unreal characteristics, right?

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: ThatGamer on August 20, 2015, 10:02:03 AMHaha, Malachi hardly sounds like you... :P

Must have chosen unreal characteristics, right?

Peace loving, against war...and don't forget the part that his name is MALACHI. As in the book of the Bible. And its only the intro. How could you expect an intro to encapsulate the entire personality of a character? Give him time to develop...

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player