Comments on A Story Written by TMP, Latios, and Trains

Started by TheMarioPianist, August 17, 2015, 02:31:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThatGamer

Quote from: TheMarioPianist on August 20, 2015, 10:15:30 AMPeace loving, against war...and don't forget the part that his name is MALACHI. As in the book of the Bible. And its only the intro. How could you expect an intro to encapsulate the entire personality of a character? Give him time to develop...

Let me read the intro again. Maybe reading it knowing it is MLF will be different...
Quote from: Altissimo on August 29, 2015, 12:00:16 PM
Since I haven't heard from her personally I don't wanna be like "YO HERE'S THE CHATROOM OK"

ThatGamer

WOO! Looking forward to it more than I'm looking toward my future!  :P
Since I haven't heard from her personally I don't wanna be like "YO HERE'S THE CHATROOM OK"

TheMarioPianist

Be ready guys! The first chapter is complete! As soon as I finish BBCoding it up, it will be live! I will update this post when it is!

UPDATE: Chapter 1 is officially up! Read it, enjoy it, talk about it! Feel free to answer the question about it (in spoiler, of course). Might want to answer in a spoiler too, just sayin'.

Chapter One Question (Do not open unless you have read the first chapter!)
If you are not MLF, Latios, Trains, or me, what do you think the object is? You can guess below, but I will not tell you if you are right or wrong. AND NEITHER WILL MLF, LATIOS, OR TRAINS. AHEM.
[close]
"I'm always here to help. Except when I'm not." ~Latios212

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

mikey

An off brand of mcdonalds that sells condiments and gives you free fries
unmotivated

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on August 21, 2015, 12:19:18 AMAn off brand of mcdonalds that sells condiments and gives you free fries

Yes, absolutely right. Exactly what I was going for. [/sarcasm] ;D

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

Sebastian

ThatGamer

Chapter 1 was good! I like how you incorporated the part where mlf says his first swear word. Because I know he really doesn't swear.  ;) Disappointed with no new characters however, were you maybe just taking time to develop Malachi and Calab?

Sebastian

Quote from: ThatGamer on August 21, 2015, 08:45:44 AMChapter 1 was good! I like how you incorporated the part where mlf says his first swear word. Because I know he really doesn't swear.  ;)
*go hides under bed*

Quote from: ThatGamer on August 21, 2015, 08:45:44 AMDisappointed with no new characters however, were you maybe just taking time to develop Malachi and Calab?
Patience dude XD
Most characters aren't introduced in the first chapter.

ThatGamer

Quote from: mariolegofan on August 21, 2015, 09:17:05 AMPatience dude XD
Most characters aren't introduced in the first chapter.

I know, I am just excited to guess who everyone is! Honestly, this chapter was good though.

Dudeman

Nice work on the suspense-building! You play the personalities of Caleb and Malachi off of each other really well. Also super excited to see that Trains is part of the project now! Keep up the good work!
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: ThatGamer on August 21, 2015, 08:45:44 AMChapter 1 was good! I like how you incorporated the part where mlf says his first swear word. Because I know he really doesn't swear.  ;) Disappointed with no new characters however, were you maybe just taking time to develop Malachi and Caleb?

Trust me, I (we) as authors have very good reason to not have anyone else introduced yet. That will be revealed in due time. Besides, if you call what I did in the introduction introducing characters, you're wrong. Simply giving our names, a newspaper quote, and a small paragraph of recollection is not an introduction of characters. Remember, its an introduction to (essentially) a book; its purpose is to get you prepared to read the story. If it happens to say stuff about characters, that's great. But it doesn't have to. If you want to see an example of what I'm talking about, pick up The Scarlet Letter and read the Custom House (the intro to that book). It's 63 pages long, and I'm pretty sure it doesn't even mention a character, and even if it mentions one, it simply gives the name and moves on. Not that I'm Nathaniel Hawthorne or anything. :D

(Partially ninja'd by MLF)

Quote from: mariolegofan on August 21, 2015, 09:17:05 AM*go hides under bed*

I promise, it doesn't happen anymore! I figured, since that was like the swearing chapter of the book, it was best just to get it over with. :)

Quote from: Dudeman on August 21, 2015, 09:22:43 AMNice work on the suspense-building! You play the personalities of Caleb and Malachi off of each other really well. Also super excited to see that Trains is part of the project now! Keep up the good work!

Thanks a lot! I really tried. I think I started that at about 11PM or so, and it took me about 3.5ish hours to write. I'm glad you think it was worth the time spent! And be sure to keep an eye on that friendship between Caleb and Malachi. It is a sure indicator of the direction in which the story is going. Plus, we are very lucky to have Trains on the team! Oh yea, and this message is for ThatGamer too, pay careful attention to the fact that it says written by TheMarioPianist, Latios212, and Hero of Trains. ;)

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

Hero of Trains

Quote from: Dudeman on May 22, 2015, 06:24:42 PM
See guys? Trains isn't nice all the time.
Quote from: also Dudeman
Trains is so nice that I'm sure she'd resurrect herself for a few minutes to compliment you back

ThatGamer

So...if trains can write it, could I as well? (I don't want to help, just using me as an example) Are you just accepting anyone or just experienced writers?

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: ThatGamer on August 21, 2015, 11:29:59 AMSo...if trains can write it, could I as well? (I don't want to help, just using me as an example) Are you just accepting anyone or just experienced writers?

It wasn't really experience that decided that, it was more because they had knowledge of certain game franchises that were necessary for this story. Now, we already kind of have the whole story mapped out, and they have been here since the beginning of the story. The post may not have said they were, but Latios and I were the ones to develop the original idea for the story, and as soon as Trains requested a role from another game franchise I didn't know much about, she became a writer. It's not that that you can't, as much as it is that it would be hard to incorporate you after all we have already done. This is not the only story I'm planning on doing, however; maybe you can help out on the next one or even write your own! Sorry that you couldn't be a part of this one!

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

ThatGamer

Quote from: TheMarioPianist on August 21, 2015, 11:41:18 AMIt wasn't really experience that decided that, it was more because they had knowledge of certain game franchises that were necessary for this story. Now, we already kind of have the whole story mapped out, and they have been here since the beginning of the story. The post may not have said they were, but Latios and I were the ones to develop the original idea for the story, and as soon as Trains requested a role from another game franchise I didn't know much about, she became a writer. It's not that that you can't, as much as it is that it would be hard to incorporate you after all we have already done. This is not the only story I'm planning on doing, however; maybe you can help out on the next one or even write your own! Sorry that you couldn't be a part of this one!

Oh, it's alright, no need to be sorry. Had you read the part in brackets you would have realized I was just curious, haha. Maybe I could write my own story, but wouldn't be this awesome. Thanks for clarifying, anyways!