Nah Sony was super meh
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Nebbles

Sony was very meh.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Brawler4Ever

I dunno, there's still the PC showcase later today. Although they'd have to mess up pretty bad to do worse than SE...
Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

Nebbles

...oh yeah, kinda forget about that.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Maelstrom

I disagree. While I think that Sony moved too quickly, it was easily the best show so far.  (I didn't see Bethesda's) There were a TON of new games, many of which had gameplay and not just CGI trailers. They only really stumbled when they spent too much time on Call of Duty and Disney Infinity.

Dudeman

The mere fact that they even mentioned The Last Guardian and Shenmue 3, let alone showed off gameplay for one and a trailer for the other, gives them best in show in my opinion.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

K-NiGhT

Quote from: Maelstrom on June 16, 2015, 11:43:39 AMI disagree. While I think that Sony moved too quickly, it was easily the best show so far.  (I didn't see Bethesda's) There were a TON of new games, many of which had gameplay and not just CGI trailers. They only really stumbled when they spent too much time on Call of Duty and Disney Infinity.
um did we watch the same conference? Sony barely showed off anything for any of their games. No Man's Sky was ridiculously rushed. The only thing that saw a significant amount of gameplay was The Last Guardian. The one after it had a little bit, iirc, but other than that it was just "Here's this game! Moving on!"

Maelstrom

But that attitude helped them. It made it seem like they had to shorten everything, or the conference would go on all night because there simply were just that many games.
Granted, the CoD and Dinf portions kind of ruined that feeling.

Nintendo, on the other hand, spent too much time on certain products we already knew too much about, which made it seem like they had nothing new to say at all.

Waddle Bro

Quote from: Maelstrom on June 16, 2015, 12:14:37 PMNintendo, on the other hand, spent too much time on certain products we already knew too much about, which made it seem like they had nothing new to say at all.
That's because they didn't

K-NiGhT

Quote from: Maelstrom on June 16, 2015, 12:14:37 PMBut that attitude helped them. It made it seem like they had to shorten everything, or the conference would go on all night because there simply were just that many games.
Granted, the CoD and Dinf portions kind of ruined that feeling.

Nintendo, on the other hand, spent too much time on certain products we already knew too much about, which made it seem like they had nothing new to say at all.
Yeah, they showed a lot of shit, but they didn't go into any detail as to why I should give a shit and buy their product.

At least Nintendo spent time actually talking a little bit more about the few games that they did announce and made them sound appealing.

KefkaticFanatic

Sony showed the largest amount of interesting and new content.  That's what made it easily the best actually, they gave quick looks at many things both close and far and let people know what to look more into for the rest of the week.  There's not enough time in anyone's conferences to have some super in depth content unless they only go over like two games.  The bigger demos are for later in the show with journalists.

But yea, Nintendo was laughably worthless yet again, with the only games to be remotely excited about being Paper Mario & Luigi and Star Fox.  No exciting reveals or even vague announcements.  I guess they're just stalling until they can scrap their flop of a console and move onto NX.

You guys must have not watched the Ubisoft conference, which was full of horrible jokes by the host and an embarassing singer, or the EA conference which was half EA Sports and had probably a 15 minute storytime with Pele.

EDIT: Oooh, SE announced release date of Just Cause 3, so that's pretty hype I would say.

EDIT 2: Wait what?  You guys trash talked SE even with this trailer?  I never played them but I was under the impression that most people have hype induced health issues when seeing anything regarding this game:

This year is a super good E3 for everyone but Nintendo :P

me irl
[close]

Brawler4Ever

Yeah, the Kingdom Hearts III Trailer was pretty awesome. As was the FFVII remake trailer. I think the main problem was that they let some of their biggest titles out at the Sony Conference. Then they just replayed the trailers during their own, and added a few things (KHIII among them). There was very little else for them to expand upon, and the audience got bored. I've watched all of e3 so far, and SE had the quietest audience. With the exception of Nintendo, of course, because they did not have an audience... so yeah. Every other conference had a huge ovation after nearly every game. Square Enix did not, and from what I've seen so far, that accurately portrays the level of hype from the viewers around the world.

I think that IGN pretty much sums up the debate (Skip to 18:50): http://www.ign.com/videos/2015/06/16/our-reactions-to-square-enixs-e3-2015-press-conference-ign-live-e3-2015
Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

KefkaticFanatic

me irl
[close]

Maelstrom

The main problem with SE's conference was the lack of content and abysmal pacing. You obviously didn't see it live. They showed a brief CGI video, talked for 10 min, and showed a little gameplay. But there was so much talking and so little actual gameplay. There weren't any big reveals. I know for a fact that the Rise of the Tomb Raider and FFVII trailers were the exact same ones shown yesterday. Nothing new. At all. It just seemed to go on forever.
At least EA had Battlefront (which I am starting to warm up to), Mirror's Edge, and something else.....
Whoever hosted the Ubi conferences for this year for this year and last is just painful, but some people like her. At least it's a little variety.

MaestroUGC

"Luke Skywater"

Best in show, E3 2015
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.