News:

The monkeys are up to something...

Main Menu

[Wii] Newer Super Mario Bros. Wii

Started by skiaak, August 30, 2015, 06:13:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skiaak

NEWER SUPER MARIO BROS WII ON PIANO PROJECT!!!

Basic Information
In case you don't know, Newer Super Mario Bros. Wii is an unofficial mod for New Super Mario Bros. Wii which is completely legal to play developed over the course of 3 years by devoted Nintendo fans, so I thought I would start a project to convert the game's soundtrack to piano sheet music. LifeMushroom and kinoko actually started the project a while ago here, but the formatting needs to be fixed and add metronome markings...

Here are the songs that will be arranged:
You can download the song pack here.

Team Members
kinoko
*Mario64
Oasis
Skiaak
TheMarioPianist
*Contributed but not in the team

To join the team, just PM me or post in this thread! Thank you!

Songs

File Types:
MIDI [NECESSARY]
MUS [NECESSARY]
PDF [NECESSARY]
MSCX [OPTIONAL]
MSCZ [OPTIONAL]
MUSX [OPTIONAL]
MXL [OPTIONAL]
XML [OPTIONAL]
FLAC [NOT ACCEPTED]
MP3 [NOT ACCEPTED]
OGG [NOT ACCEPTED]
WAV [NOT ACCEPTED]
Any other file formats not posted here will also not be accepted. Thank you for your understanding.
In addition, some arrangements only have a PDF version, because they are from the previous project (this is a reincarnation!). Sorry for the inconvenience. It would be much appreciated if someone could put them into the other formats, and/or edit them if they have time.

How this works:
1. Claim a song.
2. Submit the link to me when you're finished.
3. When songs have undergone the reviewing process, a review tag will be added.
You may claim as many songs as you would like, but each must be a full attempt.

Athletic
Boss Castle
Boss Tower
Bowser Bridge
Captain Bowser
Castle
Character Select
Credits
Desert
Fire
Forest
Freezeflame
Japan
Koopa Castle
Mountain Claimed by Oasis
Overworld
Pumpkin
Sewer
Sing Along
Sleigh Bells
Space
Title Theme
Tower
Underwater
World 1
World 2
World 3
World 4
World 5
World 6
World 7
World 8
World 9
World A
World B
World C
World D
World E

World 1 - Yoshi's Island
World 4 - Sakura Village

Please claim a song before you start working on it. This helps us prevent accidental dupes. To claim a song, you can PM me or post in this thread (which is more preferred). When you submit a song for me to add on to the list, please use Dropbox, Mediafire, or Google Drive with a link to the file. Thanks guys. :)
Mariolegofan to become NSM updater team!

Maelstrom

I have something bad to tell you.
Since this is not an offical song, it needs to go in the music board.
Yes, the board no one ever fulfills requests in.
And you requested way, way to many songs for one thread.

skiaak

Maybe this could be an unofficial project thread then.

JDMEK5

Maybe, but it still belongs in the music board.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

TheMarioPianist

I'll double check the soundtrack, but usually a lot of the songs are just newer sounding versions of older video game songs. So if we do the corresponding older song (or have it done already), than that should suffice, right?
"I'm always here to help. Except when I'm not." ~Latios212

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

skiaak

I'm pretty sure I took out ALL of the remixes of the (newer sounding songs). These are custom music that the Newer Team composed, themself.

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: skiaak on August 30, 2015, 07:39:48 PMI'm pretty sure I took out ALL of the remixes of the (newer sounding songs). These are custom music that the Newer Team composed, themself.

Yep, just realized that as you posted that. I got quite a bit to do now, but maybe I could work on them as a side project in my Misc. Arrangements?

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

skiaak

Sure, thank you! :)

You might want to invite someone to work with you too, or maybe a whole team.

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: skiaak on August 30, 2015, 07:46:23 PMSure, thank you! :)

You might want to invite someone to work with you too, or maybe a whole team.

I'll see what I can do. (You could join the team as well!)

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

skiaak

Sure! Could someone move this to the personal arrangements forum?

Tobbeh99

Just so that you know. These song will (probably) never be submitted to the main site, because it is a game mod and therefore can give us trouble with copyrights. Still there are awesome songs I agree, and awesome game, I've played it!
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

skiaak

These songs are composed by the Newer Team and are not remixes by Nintendo, I omitted all of the remixes. Also, it is completely legal to play, so I don't get the copyright issues...

Anyway, I agree. This was an awesome game, that is why I really want there to be sheets for this. In my opinion even, I thought the quality of this game was better than the original, having gravity and new enemies, and a completely new world design from that of the DS, which inspired Nintendo's NSMBU. I wish this was official, but whatever...

Anyway, I hope this can get started...

skiaak

Updated the OP with new information.

Maelstrom

Still needs to be moved to the Music subforum.

LifeMushroom

Newer isn't an official game and won't be submitted to the site. Therefore I don't really want to join it.
Also, you don't have any of the MIDIs. And XML isn't necessary; MUS is. Why not get Finale Notepad 2012?