Game: Shin Onigashima
Console: Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Title BGM
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: WandringMinstrel

[attachment deleted by admin]

Tobbeh99

Hello and welcome to NSM! :)
Always great to see new arrangers! You seem to know some things about music theory and piano play which is a great asset too. 

Anyway let's get over to the arrangement. ...I was about to give you some feeback, but then decided to edit some myself. ;)

Here is the file: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/24842881/Title.zip

What I edited:
Formatting, according to the formatting guidelines
Changed title, Game name and Copyright information
Articulations, changed come slurs, added staccatos and tenutos
Dynamics, added some
Bass clef at the second part, works all the way
Double bar-line before second part
You missed some measures at the end which I added.

Who knew Koji Kondo, the composer for most of the Zelda games, composed this. Interesting.

I'm not sure if the title name is fine being only "Title". Or if "Title BGM" is necessary.

I'm not sure what the game name should be. Someone who knows Japanese, Bespinben maybe?, could take a look and decide.

Also here's a youtube vid for reference, always nice to include these in a comment under your submissions, for later submissions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srt0UtYV6gM

Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

WandringMinstrel

Hi! Thanks for responding. I'm still figuring out these forums, so I didn't even find the formatting guide at first.
I also found a few different sources about the names and titles, but nothing that seemed official (like an OST) I just went with what seemed best. I can continue looking around. As for the game title, I kept the original Japanese title since A. it was never released outside of Japan and B. references to it in other games generally still use the title "Shin Onigashima" (like references in Smash, for example). I went back and forth on the Famicom Fairytales part of the title, but decided it would be excessive and unnecessary. If you feel it's important, that's fine.

I recently finished transcribing and arranging the full soundtrack, with a focus on making it idiomatic for the piano. Not easy, since the Famicom Disc System allows for more audio tracks than the FC/NES, so there's a lot more counterpoint than your usual 8-bit game. Might not be noticeable in these arrangements, but later on you may notice that there are a few changes when compared to the original. I suppose that's normal. As for articulation markings, I can go through and add more, no worries.

Looking at your edit, I don't necessarily agree with all of the changes made, but when I go through again I can make that discretion.

As for new arrangers, is there a section in the forum where I can introduce myself? Like I said, I'm still figuring this format out.
Less is More. Show, Don't Tell. God is in the Details.
My Arrangements Thread: http://forum.ninsheetmusic.org/index.php?topic=7510.0

Tobbeh99

Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

WandringMinstrel

By the way, this is what I used as a reference for my transcriptions. By far the highest audio quality soundtrack for this game I could find.

Bespinben

The arrangement is spot-on. Update the first post with Tobbeh's reformatted version, and I'll hit the shiny Accept button.

I think the Game Title should just be Shin Onigashima, because (like WandringMinstrel said) that's what the game was referred to as in Super Smash Bros.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

WandringMinstrel

Updated everything with the proper format and added articulations. Also some general cleanup, like splitting the lower two voices for clarity.

If it all looks good, let me know!

Bespinben

Nicely done with the 2nd draft. I usually like to write 8-bit music in separate layers myself to help emphasize the 3-voice polyphony, so that was good change you did.

Remember in the future to remove the Pno. abbrevation on all staves beyond the first. It's an unfortunate default in Finale that doesn't actually occur in solo piano engravings.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Bespinben.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot