News:

Be sure to tell your friends about NinSheetMusic!

Main Menu

Pokemon Platinum :D (Some Spoilers)

Started by Requiem, June 11, 2008, 08:59:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Requiem

I must say, I'm getting a little over-hyped for this. ;D I'm gonna import it from Japan ASAP when it's released, which is probably sometime in fall. There isn't a whole lot of new content, but still. Shaymin gets a new form, and there's new areas to explore (+ you get new outfits apparently). 'Tis all I know at the moment.

Is anyone else planning to get this?

PrizeRebel <-- Earn Free Goodies Like Precious Nexon Cash! Kudos to Gamer4250

starpikachu

YES!!! Shaymin Sky Forme FTW!!! And a Pokemon RPG finally goes 3-D! XD

KefkaticFanatic

Yay for serebii.net

I'll probably get this just to make some use of my DS before the next Castlevania comes around.

Just to let you guys know theres a shitload of info at serebii and there will be more and more over time.  That site has info on games before they come out in Japan, as well as every little bit after it is released in Japan.

me irl
[close]

Requiem

Oh how my friends will cringe when I have teh ultimate Shaymin. I doubt any of them will import, so I'll be able to gloat for a good while. And since Shaymin de-transforms when in Diamond & Pearl, they can't get it even if they begged, lol. But ya, I'm a poke-holic, so I'll most likely buy every Pokemon game till the day I die. ;D

On a side note, I doubt my friends even have a regular Shaymin. They fail at online trading. ::)

EDIT: I'm assuming that Shaymin's de-transformation in Diamond/Pearl is because the games lack the data. How would this work in a battle with someone who didn't have Platinum?

blah54

there was one big problem i had with diamond and pearl... and it was how long the battles took... the time between selecting your move, and the pokemon performing it was too long in my opinion...

i also want to see a return to gold and silver, where you can visit another one of the worlds...
It's on a need-to-know basis that you don't need to know.

HugoMeister

Quote from: blah54 on June 12, 2008, 07:06:20 AMthere was one big problem i had with diamond and pearl... and it was how long the battles took... the time between selecting your move, and the pokemon performing it was too long in my opinion...

i also want to see a return to gold and silver, where you can visit another one of the worlds...

Exactly my thoughts as well. I remember going back and playing R/S/E after a while and was amazed at how quickly I got through battles. :P

Quote from: sipan1234bow to the longest child ever

Requiem

Do what I do. Make up dialogue as you fight. ;D Much more interesting.

KefkaticFanatic

I would assume that Shaymin would work just as Deoxys did when it switched forms in the GBA games.

me irl
[close]

Tgamer240

Quote from: Gamer4250 on June 12, 2008, 05:25:17 PMI would assume that Shaymin would work just as Deoxys did when it switched forms in the GBA games.
Speaking of which, there's likely to be a remake of Pokemon Gold and Silver. I think that Shaymin, if traded into those games, will have different forms. But it is just a guess. :P
Woof woof! Er, I mean, beep beep!

HugoMeister

I would be forever angry with Nintendo if they never come out with a Gold/Silver/Crystal remake. That is easily the best out of the series.

Quote from: sipan1234bow to the longest child ever

Tgamer240

My favorite of the series is...
I've made a list of my top favorite ones. Can you guess which one is my favorite?

• Pokemon XD
  • Pokemon Diamond
  • Pokemon Yellow
  • Pokemon Fire Red and Leaf Green
Woof woof! Er, I mean, beep beep!

blah54

Quote from: HugoMeister on June 12, 2008, 05:35:00 PMI would be forever angry with Nintendo if they never come out with a Gold/Silver/Crystal remake. That is easily the best out of the series.

agreed tenfold... two worlds was amazing...
It's on a need-to-know basis that you don't need to know.

chipmunk884

i'm surprised that you didn't mention the addition of all of the regi's into the game (regirock, registeel, regice).  Also, there appears to be a new castle and their is definitely a place called torn world above spear pillar that heavily utilizes the game's 3d isometric engine.

HungryDragon

I'll probably wait untill 2009... I can wait ::)
Credit to Strecno for the avatar! | MY SUBMISSION THREAD

Sirus

its coming out in japan in Autumn this year
so im assuming its coming out next year or so in North America