Super Mario Maker Topic

Started by Latios212, September 11, 2015, 05:37:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latios212

POST YO LEVEL CODES [and other assorted talk about Super Mario Maker] HERE YO
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

for reference this is what I started doing once I started the game, please send help

C070 0000 0019 E687
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Brawler4Ever

(Don't have a Wii U, sorry)

GameXplain has some good level ideas; they've recreated some Super Mario 64 levels and they highlight community creations. A good source for inspiration, imo!
Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

TheMarioPianist

Here's my first level, probably bad.
C9DF-0000-0019-99E4
"I'm always here to help. Except when I'm not." ~Latios212

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

mikey

aww man am I gonna have to buy this
unmotivated

TheMarioPianist

Level #2! Much longer than the last! Got to use some stuff from the second level of stuff!
F743-0000-001C-2071

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

MaestroUGC

Co-opted the thread for it to be a general place for all things Super Mario Maker.

Post level codes of stuff you made, levels you found you think others would like, questions, tips, neat things you've discovered. This way the main Mario thread isn't overwhelmed by SMM talk.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: MaestroUGC on September 11, 2015, 11:33:50 PMCo-opted the thread for it to be a general place for all things Super Mario Maker.

Post level codes of stuff you made, levels you found you think others would like, questions, tips, neat things you've discovered. This way the main Mario thread isn't overwhelmed by SMM talk.
Good idea.

Anyway, this game really did surprise me. I mean, it is a level editor, but it has many more possibilities than I could dream to imagine. And it is user friendly! I think that the coolest and most interesting feature I've noticed so far is what happens when you place blocks. Of course, it plays the melody of the stage you are working in. Upon further examination, you realize that this is not simply the pitch, but rather a distorted voice saying the name of the block! Maybe I'm dumb for not realizing that right away. I don't know. But I haven't even gotten to attempt to make levels utilizing all layers of the palette. Oh yeah, and if you wanna know how to get them really quickly, let me know. There is kind of a quicker way since it doesn't go by the nine day thing anymore. Ok, but the final thing I wanted to point out is costumes. Sure, when I heard that you would be able to play courses with costumes even if you don't have the Amiibos for them, I was happy. But I still wanted to be able to create courses with costumes, and I don't really have the cash to go out and buy like 100 Amiibos. That's where the 100 Mario Challenge comes in. I can just beat that on easy like 100 times and pick up all the costumes with no extra charge! The easy ones can take as little as 10 minutes to complete (depending on your course draw) so you can get all of them fairly quickly. Well, that's about it for now. Can't be making levels while I'm typing, right? ;D I hope everyone understands that this is totally worth the $60 pricetag. Good luck creating!

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

Maelstrom

Quote from: TheMarioPianist on September 12, 2015, 08:28:35 AMBut I still wanted to be able to create courses with costumes, and I don't really have the cash to go out and buy like 100 Amiibos. That's where the 100 Mario Challenge comes in. I can just beat that on easy like 100 times and pick up all the costumes with no extra charge! The easy ones can take as little as 10 minutes to complete (depending on your course draw) so you can get all of them fairly quickly.
I have bad news for you. Eventually, the easy and medium difficulties of the 100 mario challenge will stop giving you costumes.
You can get them all, but you will need to beat it on all difficulties.
Also, you can't lock a mystery mushroom unless you have the amiibo, from what I've heard. Without tapping the amiibo, putting it in a course will just give a random suit you've unlocked when you put it online. I may be wrong on this one, though.

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: Maelstrom on September 12, 2015, 08:40:20 AMI have bad news for you. Eventually, the easy and medium difficulties of the 100 mario challenge will stop giving you costumes.
You can get them all, but you will need to beat it on all difficulties.
Also, you can't lock a mystery mushroom unless you have the amiibo, from what I've heard. Without tapping the amiibo, putting it in a course will just give a random suit you've unlocked when you put it online. I may be wrong on this one, though.
I was wondering if the difficulties would do that. Not surprising. Do you happen to know how many you can get on easy and normal before I have to jump to expert? Just curious.
Also, I think you can set which suit the mystery mushroom is, but I'll have to double check.

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

Jamaha

You can set the costume in the mystery mushroom by tapping the mushroom after placing it on the level.

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: Jamaha on September 12, 2015, 10:06:12 AMYou can set the costume in the mystery mushroom by tapping the mushroom after placing it on the level.
That's what I thought. Was pretty sure that was the case.

On a different note, does anyone else think that for the overworld levels in SMB3, SMW, and NSMBU, you should have the option to choose between the regular and athletic themes? Of course, that could be difficult if you wanted to include an option for SMB, since it doesn't have an athletic theme...I don't know, just a thought. Also would be cool if for the SMW castle levels, if it could show the little castle intro that it had in the original games. Oh, and ghost houses as well. Once again, the other games have no comparison. But these are just some thoughts I had.

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

MaestroUGC

The cool thing about a game like this is that Nintendo can release additional Map Packs and Assets as DLC or something in the future. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if they did just that in a few months.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: MaestroUGC on September 12, 2015, 10:56:28 AMThe cool thing about a game like this is that Nintendo can release additional Map Packs and Assets as DLC or something in the future. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if they did just that in a few months.
I am 100% sure that will happen. I mean, you had the two DLC packs for MK8, so this game definitely has some potential for them as well. (SMB2 would be some great DLC, in my opinion. It's actually too bad that they skipped it. Oh, and slopes, that would be an important one...) I just wish that if they were to add the athletic themes, I wouldn't have to buy them (considering they are main themes in the game) although they probably won't be free. Oh well. At least I have the 100 Mario challenge so I don't have to buy the Amiibos (yes, even having to beat that on expert is better than just going out and buying them because I am cheap).

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

mikey

Quote from: TheMarioPianist on September 12, 2015, 11:04:39 AM(yes, even having to beat that on expert is better than just going out and buying them because I am cheap).
truth
unmotivated