How do Youtube videos with your arrangements?

Started by Tobbeh99, September 24, 2015, 12:12:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tobbeh99

Hello I've been thinking of making youtube videos, like Bespinben, where I show my arrangements. And I don't know how to do so I would like some advice how to do it. Note that I'm not aiming at having really fancy high quality videos, I just want to show my arrangements.

Something like this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHCll1rOJx4
Just showing my arrangements basically.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Latios212

Bespinben's been getting more and more fancy with his videos so I'm supposing you mean like his older stuff :P

From what I understand, take screenshots of the PDF of the sheet and sync it with the music so that the next couple of measures/systems appear when the music proceeds past that point. I'm not sure exactly how to make a good-sounding sound (MP3?) file to use for the video though (I can't mess with audio, just sheets :P).

Here's my take on it; I think it turned out alright.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Bespinben

I've since tried lots of different presentation styles for my piano arrangement videos, but to do the basic version (as shown above [thank you Latios]), it's very simple. You need two things:

(1) Audio file of your arrangement
(2) Screenshots of your sheet

Step 1 can be as complicated as you like, ranging from exporting audio straight out of Finale, to full-scale sequencing in a DAW (like I did with my recent orchestral arrangement of PMD1 File Select). For Step 2, I just open the PDF of my arrangement and use Snippet Tool.

Once you have these things, import them into your video editing software of choice (even Windows Movie Maker will work), and synchronize the music in time with your screenshots.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

FireArrow

Alternatively you can just use microsoft expression encoder and film your arrangement in scroll view:

If you wanna take is a step further, PM that guy that works at finale. He said he has a way to do it more smoothly (where the sheet scrolls along with it rather than jumping from measure to measure when the little line reaches the end.)

Quote from: Bespinben on September 24, 2015, 12:25:00 PMOnce you have these things, import them into your video editing software of choice (even Windows Movie Maker will work), and synchronize the music in time with your screenshots.

What video editer do you use for your more complex videos?
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

braix

I think Sony Vegas and Adobe Premiere are two of the most popular professional video editing softwares
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

MaestroUGC

Personally I use Adobe Premiere for my video work. Of course neither are cheap, and Windows Movie Maker will do fine if you're just doing the basic style of sheet videos.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

FireArrow

Quote from: MaestroUGC on September 24, 2015, 05:30:32 PMPersonally I use Adobe Premiere for my video work. Of course neither are cheap, and Windows Movie Maker will do fine if you're just doing the basic style of sheet videos.

I dunno, I was arranging an anime opening and I wanted to be able to both show the opening and scroll the sheet at the same time. Maybe I can just blow some of the money I've saved up since I don't really spend much anyways.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

MaestroUGC

If it matters, Vegas is a lump sum of $600 for heir top package (the next editor down is more or less an amped up WMM, which I don't think is what will do what you want); Premiere instead has a $20 monthly charge for Premiere, and they have some other packages take come with other things in their suite, like photoshop.

I'd offer to edit, but I'd have to charge you for the time spent.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Tobbeh99

tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

JDMEK5

That definitely works. Except you have no double bar lines on your key changes X(
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Tobbeh99

I wonder, should you always have double bar lines before key changes. I'm thinking especially on my arrangement on "Meta Knights Revenge", since it changes so often.

10/10 tobbeh