Super Mario Maker Second Title Screen?

Started by Brawler4Ever, September 15, 2015, 03:08:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brawler4Ever

Hey! So I don't own Super Mario Maker (or a Wii U), so I can't check this myself. My question is: does this song appear in-game? I've already done the original title, and wanted to do this one as well, but I wasn't sure if this song is legitimate, since I can't find any reference to it at all, outside of this one video.

Also, after this question is answered, this topic will be modified to discuss the individual songs, found in this playlist. i.e. What songs have been done in other games already, and what haven't. But I'll get to that point later. :)
Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

Latios212

Wii U not on me so I can't check right now.

As for the rest, I think each of the songs on this playlist is either a new theme or different enough on what it's based on to warrant a new sheet.

There are also more tracks in game, for example these. Here, the two map themes are very similar to the original tracks from SMW and SMB3.

I would also like to point out that there isn't a complete playlist yet, anywhere I can find :/ I hate not having a reliable OST lol.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Brawler4Ever

I'm expecting a complete playlist to come when the soundtrack actually gets released. I think that most songs will be original to SMM, but I think that some others (like songs found when actually playing a level fund in previous versions) are direct ports, hence my desire to figure out specifically which songs are original. For example, I know that the airship theme for Super Mario World is new, but the overworld theme and castle theme are not.

Dude

Iirc you click one of the letters on the title screen

Brawler4Ever

Thanks! It turns out that it happens when you hit the K. I wonder if that counts as a separate song in the official soundtrack? :P

Latios212

This playlist is looking quite nice right now.

ta-daa

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Brawler4Ever

Funny. I don't see my second title screen. It might not have its own song after all. We'll see though!

According to this website, the composers are Koji Kondo, Naoto Kubo, Asuka Hayazaki. They may label the songs by composer; most would be exclusively Koji Kondo's, and then maybe some will credited to the other two? I know that the Chrono Trigger soundtrack has this system, but it's all speculation until an actual soundtrack is released.

Latios212

Fairly certain that playlist is incomplete, just pointed it out because it seemed more thorough than any other I can find right now [emoji14]

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Brawler4Ever

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: Brawler4Ever on September 27, 2015, 08:57:25 AMYeah, that's what I'm hoping. :P
Yea, I think the second one should be in the soundtrack, and will probably make the playlist eventually. Speaking of this soundtrack, I'm actually working on one of the songs right now! (Super Mario World Overworld Create...whatever it's actually called)
"I'm always here to help. Except when I'm not." ~Latios212

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player