News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

ATTENTION ALL ARTISTS!!!!!!!

Started by ShadowChords, October 06, 2015, 08:28:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaestroUGC

Please refrain from double or triple posting, just make one post with your replies. You can insert multiple quotes in a single post.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Dude

Quote from: ShadowChords on October 08, 2015, 02:29:53 PMAlright, go ahead, prove your point. Did you also read how I suck at computers? It's extremely true. I use macs in a way that makes me look like I'm in my 70's, it's a general consensus among my friends and myself.
Quote from: Dude on October 08, 2015, 01:57:39 PMexcuses.

braix

Quote from: ShadowChords on October 08, 2015, 02:30:53 PMBraixen1264

To your point, why is it a bad idea?
I just don't like the idea of using someone else's characters as your mascot and basically calling it your own. Not neccesarily the artwork, but the characters themselves. Your call though, not mine.

Quote from: ShadowChords on October 08, 2015, 02:30:53 PMYou seem like a morally decent person and I don't think you have bad intentions, but my parentd would be REEAALLY FUCKIN SKEPTICAL about a fiscal transaction with someone I met on a fuckin internet forum, and I'm sure your parents would be skeptical too. Hey, I'm just keepin' it real over here. I mean, I don't even know what country you live in.
First of all, my moral values far exceed what one would describe as "decent".
Second, if you check my profile it literally says the city I live in..just wanted to mention that.
Third, it's spelled "physical"

That all aside though, I can still make you these for free but it'll take a while. I have a few stream overlay orders to complete and I have an animation project due next week that I have to catch up on, not to mention I don't have much frew time on weekdays and my time management is terrible.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Dude

AwesomeYears

Uhh, you know that one of the features in the NSM forums are the requests board, and I'm pretty sure that you don't pay for that, so why are you complaining about a user wanting free art?

Dude

Ok first off, if we sold our music it'd probably be illegal because of copyrights.

Second, he's asking for original content (as I don't think he should put any pokemon in it) and that isn't copyrighted

Ruto

Quote from: AwesomeYears on October 08, 2015, 09:37:37 PMUhh, you know that one of the features in the NSM forums are the requests board, and I'm pretty sure that you don't pay for that, so why are you complaining about a user wanting free art?

What Dude said, but that's probably the reason for trying.

It makes sense as a teenager, but most artists are out in the real world and don't want a promise of exposure (especially a minimal one) because that can't pay the bills. It's pretty rampant (a photographer had beef with Taylor Swift, someone with lots of money, using photos without payment or credit---after she told Apple they were ripping off aspiring musicians by songs for free for a month) to the point people think they're entitled to art because it doesn't seem like work to them. But it's work. I don't expect anyone to just whip up what I can do with just Paint or a phone camera, because you have to learn how to use software and equipment. That takes time and skill.

Quote from: ShadowChords on October 08, 2015, 02:29:53 PMAlright, go ahead, prove your point. Did you also read how I suck at computers? It's extremely true. I use macs in a way that makes me look like I'm in my 70's, it's a general consensus among my friends and myself.

That explains why you think a Mac would come with Microsoft Paint. But you should learn how to use computers, it's a skill everyone needs in this century. No excuses.

If you're trying to sell your work, DO NOT use other people's characters. It's a mistake to wage a war on fans, but don't give them a reason to go after you.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

ShadowChords

I can arrange for quartets and quintets. I'm willing to review any Pokemon arrangement.

And here's my YT channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MansionXx

Altissimo

Quote from: ShadowChords on October 08, 2015, 02:30:53 PMI'm totally fine with the idea of PayPal. You seem like a morally decent person and I don't think you have bad intentions, but my parentd would be REEAALLY FUCKIN SKEPTICAL about a fiscal transaction with someone I met on a fuckin internet forum, and I'm sure your parents would be skeptical too. Hey, I'm just keepin' it real over here. I mean, I don't even know what country you live in.

lol watchu talkin bout people sell art over the internet all the goddamn time. i bought a commission earlier this year
(and my parents were like "hey, cool!" rather than skeptical soooOOO)

mikey

unmotivated

ShadowChords

I can arrange for quartets and quintets. I'm willing to review any Pokemon arrangement.

ShadowChords

Quote from: Altissimo on October 09, 2015, 01:01:06 PMlol watchu talkin bout people sell art over the internet all the goddamn time. i bought a commission earlier this year
(and my parents were like "hey, cool!" rather than skeptical soooOOO)

1. Your profile says your 20 tho, and idk why you'd lie on a forum for sheet music

2. Also, what the fuck is a commission

ShadowChords

Quote from: braixen1264 on October 08, 2015, 05:05:21 PMI just don't like the idea of using someone else's characters as your mascot and basically calling it your own. Not neccesarily the artwork, but the characters themselves. Your call though, not mine.
First of all, my moral values far exceed what one would describe as "decent".
Second, if you check my profile it literally says the city I live in..just wanted to mention that.
Third, it's spelled "physical"

That all aside though, I can still make you these for free but it'll take a while. I have a few stream overlay orders to complete and I have an animation project due next week that I have to catch up on, not to mention I don't have much frew time on weekdays and my time management is terrible.

I still want you to use official artwork. If you wanna draw up your own ampharos/sharpedo, you can send me and I'll give the ok with, or not.

I hope 'morally decent' didn't offend you, and 'fiscal' was not meant to be 'physical', because 'fiscal' stand for money. I was talking about payment method.

I understand it may take a while, and that you're a busy person. Just try to get it to me before December.

ShadowChords

Quote from: MaestroUGC on October 08, 2015, 02:36:14 PMPlease refrain from double or triple posting, just make one post with your replies. You can insert multiple quotes in a single post.

As if I'm smart enough to figure out.

braix

Never mind I'm lazy and this isnt worth my effort
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.