News:

change da world
my final message. Goodb ye

Main Menu

Nintendo Music Challenge

Started by mastersuperfan, October 11, 2015, 06:34:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mastersuperfan

Well, I wasn't sure whether to put this here or in Music, but I figured I might as well put it in this board since it seems a little more active...

Anyways, I've coded a game that has you choose the origin of a music between Mario, Kirby, Pokémon, or Zelda. Relatively simple, but something I'm proud of. I'm sure you guys would be good at it. ;) There are more details in the How to Play of the actual game. The gist of it is:

- You listen to a theme from one of the four franchises
- You can choose to guess 1 of the 4 for 2 points if you get it correct
- You can choose to guess 2 of the 4 for 1 point if you get it correct
- You can choose to type in the name of the specific game for 4 points if you get it correct (the checking system is very accurate as long as you don't make any spelling errors and/or screw up the game's name). You must also enter the very FIRST game that it was in.

You can find the files here. There are versions for Windows, Mac, and Linux (although I don't know if Linux actually works).

NOTE TO MAC USERS: In order for the file to work, you need to go into System Preferences > Security and Privacy > General and choose "Allow apps downloaded from anywhere."

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ow3l7kuspchioc6/AAC6Z8inXEG5OR_cxvPLrhyTa?dl=0&s=sl
Links taken down

Since it has like 80 mp3 files, it might take a little while to download. :P Also, let me know if there are any bugs!
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

TheMarioPianist

This might actually go under general or PC, I'm not sure. But this game sounds fun! I'll have to try it sometime to see how well I know Nintendo music! :D
"I'm always here to help. Except when I'm not." ~Latios212

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

Oronoco

This sounds incredibly cool! But the link takes me to a 404 Error right now.
Quote from: Yellow on October 13, 2015, 05:18:40 PM
...Really though. Don't let them take it away from you. That desire for something more, for adventure... for destiny. Don't let them turn it against you, either.

mikey

based on the responses it's not working on other peoples' computers.  You might want to make sure that nothing needs to be installed before it runs (such as java for example)
unmotivated

mastersuperfan

Hmm, not sure why the 404 came up. I made an updated link instead and put it in the OP.

Also, the Windows 64 and 32 version definitely work.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Oronoco

It's working for me now. Thank you!
...Really though. Don't let them take it away from you. That desire for something more, for adventure... for destiny. Don't let them turn it against you, either.

mastersuperfan

Seems like this topic isn't very noticed... Maybe a small bump would help? :P

cashwarrior1

Quote from: mastersuperfan on October 16, 2015, 06:58:22 PMSeems like this topic isn't very noticed... Maybe a small bump would help? :P

it did.

mastersuperfan

If I bump this again, will anyone notice? I'd really like people to try this. :)

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Oronoco

I played through it some a while back, but I never gave you any feedback. Sorry!

It was fun, and it worked well. I've never played Zelda or Kirby, so I was sticking everything I didn't recognize in either one of them. I usually got them mixed up. ;D I enjoyed it, so thank you!

mikey

I'm not very good at dealing with zip files, can you tell me how to run the program after downloading it?
unmotivated

braix

you open the folder. at the top of the window it says extract. press it.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

mastersuperfan

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on October 22, 2015, 08:34:12 PMI'm not very good at dealing with zip files, can you tell me how to run the program after downloading it?

If you're on Windows, I'm not sure on the details, but you extract it, go inside the folder, and run the .exe (I believe).

mikey

alright it worked.  I don't know any of the mario/pokemon/kirby songs but I got 4 points on all the Zelda songs :P
I could usually isolate the pokemon music cause of how weird it was but the kirby/mario songs were pretty similar
unmotivated