[GCN] Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door - "Enemy Battle" (Replacement) by JesterMusician

Started by Zeta, October 24, 2015, 09:08:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Super Mario
Game: Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
Console: Nintendo GameCube
Title: Enemy Battle
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: JesterMusician

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Challenge (new arranger)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Sebastian

So many TTYD songs.....I love it :P

Btw, awesome work with this song!
Some feedback:
- Don't forget the title on page 2.
- There is some clashing with the dynamics and notes.
- I feel silly for saying this, but there is a / at the end of the url.
- This song is actually a replacement of "Enemy Battle" (the correct name is
"Battle Theme" which is what you have.) You might wanna get that updated.

Other than this stuff, it looks pretty awesome! Excellent work!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRXKF3lMh8k

JesterMusician

Fixed all of the points you mentioned. The second page title isn't mentioned in the style guide though...I'm sure I've submitted sheets that lack it.

Sebastian

Sebastian

- You still have the fortissimo clashing with the crescendo in measure 19 ;)
- Also, might I recommend that you move the mf in measure 20 to measure 2 with parenthesis around it.

Bespinben

Quote from: JesterMusician on October 27, 2015, 04:40:09 AMThe second page title isn't mentioned in the style guide though...I'm sure I've submitted sheets that lack it.
Quote from: mariolegofan on October 27, 2015, 07:03:19 AMHmmmm.....that should be updated.
2nd page title is just a Finale default. It's not mandatory. Looking at the majority of published sheet music both modern and classical, I would say NSM is in the minority for favoring this practice.

Quote from: mariolegofan on November 03, 2015, 01:26:02 PM- You still have the fortissimo clashing with the crescendo in measure 19 ;)
- Also, might I recommend that you move the mf in measure 20 to measure 2 with parenthesis around it.
-The PDF does not have any clashing dynamics. Sometimes you have to twerk things in the MUS to get Finale's PDF export to look right. This is why I use external PDF "printers" instead of the built-in one.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Zeta