Less Projects Idea

Started by Sebastian, October 31, 2015, 10:52:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Altissimo

Quote from: Latios212 on November 02, 2015, 07:08:48 PMWell this would be solved if everyone simply gave consent for their sheets to be fixed up by others. Which I don't think would be difficult to get? We're a pretty collaborative community. Again, I'm still not sure who exactly you're referring to.

Formatting-wise it shouldn't be an issue. Musical-wise, some people (like me!) want to hear and fix their own mistakes rather than having them fixed for them.

FireArrow

Quote from: Latios212 on November 02, 2015, 07:08:48 PMAgain, I'm not in charge of this and I'm not completely clear on why we don't need more staff, but from what I understand we simply don't have any perfect candidates. Who are you thinking of?

Well this would be solved if everyone simply gave consent for their sheets to be fixed up by others. Which I don't think would be difficult to get? We're a pretty collaborative community. Again, I'm still not sure who exactly you're referring to.

I'm not referring to anybody. The lack of good candidates is why I prefer just deleting them (though altissimo offers a good alternate solution.) I suppose we could set up the project into a subforum similar to the submission board, having each arrangement in its own thread. Giving people consent to change each others sheets would be too chaotic.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: FireArrow on November 02, 2015, 05:58:49 PMHonestly, I vote for getting rid of official arrangement projects all together.

Well, here's the thing. If we do this, we'll get our 20ish sheets per update still. But the valuable arrangers on this site are left out to dry once those two are done. And when you got people like MLF who calls himself Mr. Arranging Machine (or something like that), we're wasting their talent at a measly pace of 2 per update. When MLF had the Animal Crossing project open, he arranged over 20 songs (I keep using MLF, but he's the best example for the situation). IN addition, how are we gonna keep up with new games as their OSTs come out? Taking away Arrangement Projects will reduce the site's efficiency...and it won't please the updaters to have an increase in their submissions workload. So yea, I don't know what the fix is, but I think whether we can (or should) add new staff or not is really the central question here.
"I'm always here to help. Except when I'm not." ~Latios212

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

Sebastian

Quote from: TheMarioPianist on November 02, 2015, 07:27:38 PMTaking away Arrangement Projects will reduce the site's efficiency...and it won't please the updaters to have an increase in their submissions workload. So yea, I don't know what the fix is, but I think whether we can (or should) add new staff or not is really the central question here.
I agree. I didn't bring up the idea of taking out all projects, but of taking out 1 or even reducing the load by a little bit.

Quote from: TheMarioPianist on November 02, 2015, 07:27:38 PMMLF who calls himself Mr. Arranging Machine (or something like that), we're wasting their talent at a measly pace of 2 per update. When MLF had the Animal Crossing project open, he arranged over 20 songs (I keep using MLF, but he's the best example for the situation).
Spoiler
[close]

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: mariolegofan on November 02, 2015, 07:34:01 PMI agree. I didn't bring up the idea of taking out all projects, but of taking out 1 or even reducing the load by a little bit.
I know you didn't bring it up. I was referring to this:

Quote from: FireArrow on November 02, 2015, 05:58:49 PMHonestly, I vote for getting rid of official arrangement projects all together. Combining them might give it life for another month or so, but it'll just die again. Getting more staff members isn't gonna happen unless Olimars willing to host free theory lessons for the few people on this forum who have the time to make such a commitment. The submission board is going quite well and I don't see any reason why we can't just submit our things there.
"I'm always here to help. Except when I'm not." ~Latios212

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

Sebastian

Yeah. Frankly, taking out projects all together is a bad idea.