[DELETED] [PC] Undertale - "Bird That Carries You Over A Disproportionately Small Gap" by ThePopStarDude

Started by Zeta, November 02, 2015, 09:00:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Undertale
Console: PC
Title: Bird That Carries You Over A Disproportionately Small Gap
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: ThePopStarDude

Yug_Guy

Hey, good to see you submitting Undertale stuff! Just as a general rule, it's always a good idea to post a link to the song that you're submitting. But hey, nbd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z51lfE2k7jU

Olimar12345

I'm only on my phone, but avoid writing the rhythm in the LH as dotted quarter - dotted quarter - quarter. Write it as a dotted quarter - eighth tied to a quarter - quarter.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

ThePopStarDude

I DON'T NEED FRIENDS!
I'VE GOT KNIVES!

I'm out of knives.

Bespinben

Might I suggest that instead of trying to play both the timpani and the (octave-lowered)tubular bells in separate layers in the LH, just play the timpani line in octaves. I say this because some of the power is lost otherwise.

I also suggest trying to determine the appropriate chords for each measure of 5-12, instead of inserting parallel 5ths in the melody that don't exist there.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

ThePopStarDude

I DON'T NEED FRIENDS!
I'VE GOT KNIVES!

I'm out of knives.

ThePopStarDude

I've updated my .Mus and .Musx files. I decided to have octaves for the main melody, and full chords only with the whole notes.
I DON'T NEED FRIENDS!
I'VE GOT KNIVES!

I'm out of knives.

Sebastian

ThePopStarDude

Originally I had the tubular bells as whole notes in layer 1, then later removed them and added octaves for the timpani and forgot to move them to layer 1. Shouldn't be a problem, right?
I DON'T NEED FRIENDS!
I'VE GOT KNIVES!

I'm out of knives.

Sebastian

Unfortunately, according to the formatting guidelines, you shouldn't have things in other layers for no reason. If you have notepad it will take you a while to transfer it, but I can do it for you if you like. It's only one click for me.

ThePopStarDude

Thanks. And it's fine, I have Finale 2014 too. Anyway, I updated the .Musx and .Mus files (again).
I DON'T NEED FRIENDS!
I'VE GOT KNIVES!

I'm out of knives.

Sebastian

Looks nice! Let's see what the others think. *Doesn't say Updaters because that would be sassy*

FireArrow

Since MLF has subtly decreed that only updaters may post now, I must put up my facade in order to sneak my opinion in!

(3 sexy green war medals)
- It would be nice to add "Grandiose" flavor text or something for the middle section. It's entirely optional, but there's a lot of contrast between the intro and the main part, so it would be nice to point that out to the performer.
-Try to notate in that stringy voice, the middle section doesn't have enough "umph" to it if you catch my drift.
-Double check those chords and remove the octaves, the melody is just one line with lots of underlining harmonies.
:J
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

ThePopStarDude

I'll do that. I thought I'd add octaves to really bring out the middle part. I don't quite understand what you mean by notating in a stringy voice, but I'll try to add more oomph in there.
I DON'T NEED FRIENDS!
I'VE GOT KNIVES!

I'm out of knives.