[DELETED] [NDS] Pokémon Diamond Version & Pokémon Pearl Version - "Floaroma Town (Day)" (Replacement) by Shado

Started by Zeta, December 31, 2015, 09:40:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Pokémon
Game: Pokémon Diamond Version & Pokémon Pearl Version
Console: Nintendo DS
Title: Floaroma Town (Day)
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: ShadowChords

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Edit (existing arranger remains)

ShadowChords

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yh80zEI7sDI

I've read the formatting guidelines, and I have everything except the Copyright symbol, which my keyboard can't access, even through shortcuts.
I can arrange for quartets and quintets. I'm willing to review any Pokemon arrangement.

And here's my YT channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MansionXx

Yug_Guy

Quote from: ShadowChords on December 31, 2015, 09:43:24 AMI've read the formatting guidelines, and I have everything except the Copyright symbol, which my keyboard can't access, even through shortcuts.
Step 1: Google "copyright symbol"
Step 2: Find instance of the copyright symbol
Step 3: Highlight the symbol, right click, and press "Copy"
Step 4: Return to your Finale file
Step 5: Right click and press "Paste" while in text editor mode
Step 6: ?? ??
Step 7: PROFIT!

mastersuperfan

Quote from: ShadowChords on December 31, 2015, 09:43:24 AMexcept the Copyright symbol, which my keyboard can't access, even through shortcuts.

©

Did You Know: A computer has some handy-dandy functions called "Copy" and "Paste."

Quote from: ShadowChords on December 31, 2015, 09:43:24 AMI've read the formatting guidelines, and I have everything except the Copyright symbol

No... No, you don't.

Also, you need to update your MUS as well. Even if you use MuseScore instead of Finale.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

ShadowChords

Ok, I added the copyright symbol and everything, but it's saved in Finale that way. Do you guys know how to save Finale files as PDFs? Here's the .mus file updated:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xog9l1x90xfwdxn/Pokemon_D_P_Pt_-_Floaroma_Town.mus?dl=0
I can arrange for quartets and quintets. I'm willing to review any Pokemon arrangement.

Altissimo

Quote from: ShadowChords on December 31, 2015, 10:11:38 AMOk, I added the copyright symbol and everything, but it's saved in Finale that way. Do you guys know how to save Finale files as PDFs?

If you go to "print" there should be a PDF option allowing you to save it as a pdf.

Also, if you're gonna update the files, make sure you actually update the OP (through the NSM panel) instead of just posting a fixed link...

ShadowChords

Quote from: Altissimo on December 31, 2015, 10:24:11 AMIf you go to "print" there should be a PDF option allowing you to save it as a pdf.

Also, if you're gonna update the files, make sure you actually update the OP (through the NSM panel) instead of just posting a fixed link...

Ok, I'll check that out.

And I didn't even know you could update files with the panel! Guess I really am basic.....

Tobbeh99

-Feel sad to say this, but you still haven't gotten the correct formatting. Take a look at your pdf and the example on the guidelines page, you got wrong styles on the texts (title and composer should be Bold, subtitle and arranger should be italic). The easiest way would be to download the NSM template file in the formatting guidelines topic, and just copy past all the music into that file.
Also your pdf file differs from your mus file.
I'm guessing your using musescore or sibelius and maybe got it wrong when exporting XML or something. Anyway we'll work this formatting out sooner or later.

-Also watch out when using multiple layers, some notes got slightly badly aligned. For example measure 13 the RH quarter note. Another example is measure 22 LH first beat.

-One major musical error I see you've done is that you've used grace notes for the broken chords. Use arpoggiated chords instead, much clearer and more correct.

-measure 18: I think it's better to write the high LH in the RH treble clef using cross-staffing.

-The last 2 measures don't exist. The repeat should be in the end of measure 40, where there should be a note (an Ab I think) in the RH beat 4 leading back to measure 3.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

DonValentino

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on December 31, 2015, 06:08:28 PM-Feel sad to say this, but you still haven't gotten the correct formatting. Take a look at your pdf and the example on the guidelines page, you got wrong styles on the texts (title and composer should be Bold, subtitle and arranger should be italic). The easiest way would be to download the NSM template file in the formatting guidelines topic, and just copy past all the music into that file.
Also your pdf file differs from your mus file.
I'm guessing your using musescore or sibelius and maybe got it wrong when exporting XML or something. Anyway we'll work this formatting out sooner or later.

Eh I won't remove this because it would be pointless. Just edit the submission files when you have these things done please. Mind that the mus should be the exact same of the pdf! Like Tobbeh suggested, there's a Finale template in the same formatting guidelines topic you can use. :J

ShadowChords

Quote from: DonValentino on January 01, 2016, 03:32:33 AMEh I won't remove this because it would be pointless. Just edit the submission files when you have these things done please. Mind that the mus should be the exact same of the pdf! Like Tobbeh suggested, there's a Finale template in the same formatting guidelines topic you can use. :J

Yeah, I am using MuseScore. Altissimo taught me how export as a pdf in Finale, so I'll update that soon.

Latios212

Figured I better say this now.

I apologize for the bluntness, but I think this sheet is beyond salvaging (original arranger's fault, not yours!) and your time would be better spent working on a different arrangement.

I have my own almost-complete arrangement of this sheet that I created from scratch, and I compared it with this one. Even with the time signature corrected, this sheet is still... a complete mess. Again, not your fault; I appreciate the effort! But I do think we should drop this one.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

ShadowChords

Quote from: Latios212 on January 01, 2016, 09:00:09 PMFigured I better say this now.

I apologize for the bluntness, but I think this sheet is beyond salvaging (original arranger's fault, not yours!) and your time would be better spent working on a different arrangement.

I have my own almost-complete arrangement of this sheet that I created from scratch, and I compared it with this one. Even with the time signature corrected, this sheet is still... a complete mess. Again, not your fault; I appreciate the effort! But I do think we should drop this one.

I think we should drop the solo idea. You could probably do this for two pianos, but nontheless, you're right, just delete this thread. But you should take a stab at a two piano arrangement. I believe in you!

Latios212

Thanks for understanding! I wrote out the main voices and so far it works quite nicely for solo piano. I'll experiment with the other layers some, but I think a solo reduction will work better as I don't quite see enough material to warrant a duet. Take a look when I post it momentarily!

Anyway, archiving...
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle