News:

New to the site? Introduce yourself here!

Main Menu

triforceguy1's first arrangement

Started by triforceguy1, June 14, 2008, 07:36:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

triforceguy1

This is my first arrangement please tell me how I can improve it:

[N64] Zelda: OoT - Ganondorf's Theme

.MUS: http://www.mediafire.com/?042todmm2cz
.MID: http://www.mediafire.com/?fuknufkd1nv

NasiDe

Thank you for putting my theme here. I wondered why it wasn't done yet. It's simple.  :P ::)

Lildigipoke2

Quote from: Ganondorf on June 15, 2008, 01:52:33 PMThank you for putting my theme here. I wondered why it wasn't done yet. It's simple.  :P ::)
oh brother.... ::)

CHOCOLATEEEEEEE

Shadow585

Nice work Triforceguy!  The second part of the arrangement was done very well, but the first part...well the rhythm was off or something.  I'm not quite sure what you could do to fix it.  Also, to the posts before me:  First, above me, where did you get the DEmotivational banner? That's pretty awesome!  And @ Ganondorf above me:  Where did you get that last part of Ganondorf's name?  The Undurin part?  I've heard the rest of the name somewhere, but not that part.  lol are your parents the Twinrova?

triforceguy1

I think I fixed the problem, the problem was that near the end it was like this: when it should look like this: , hopefully it's ready for submission. (fixed link is in first post)

Shadow585

Well, the rhythm seemed off at the start, and now I think I know who you might fix it.  Just so you know, you don't have to trust me on this, since 1) I don't post on these forums too much, and 2) I haven't arranged any songs.  I messed around a bit with the rhythm on the first part and I got it to sound like what I think the theme sounds like.  Here's what I did:

If you change the quarter notes at the start of the song to eighth notes, and tie them to the next note, of course inserting a eighth rest before the eighth note.  That sounded right to me, but you don't have to do anything! Just my opinion.  Thanks for listening to me earlier.  And how did you get the screen shots?

pumpy_heart

Instead of saying "an octave lower throughout", you can change the staffs to vb. Notepad won't let you, but upgrades will.
This next point is from my view only, but I find that if a song is chromatic, like this one, it helps when reading this if you only use one type of accidental. So instead of changing from sharps to flats, why don't you only use one? Not only will it make the sheet look and flow better, it will help the reader as well.

triforceguy1

Thanks pumpy_heart, It's now more chromatic (fixed link in first post) It's now ready for submission unless someone finds another problem.

KefkaticFanatic

The notes are wrong, the tempo is bad, it just isn't near as good as the old SIB arrangement we had.  Generally isn't a good arrangement, sorry.  (Although that WAS Ganon's Tower, but thats just a remix.  It had the right notes, tempo, and everything)

me irl
[close]

Gooch

Quote from: Gamer4250 on June 23, 2008, 11:00:53 AMThe notes are wrong, the tempo is bad, it just isn't near as good as the old SIB arrangement we had.  Generally isn't a good arrangement, sorry.  (Although that WAS Ganon's Tower, but thats just a remix.  It had the right notes, tempo, and everything)

Wow, way to shoot down his hopes and dreams. It is his first post.

triforceguy1

and i'm only 12, why is everyone forgetting that >:(

KefkaticFanatic

I told him how he could improve it, didn't I?  It's called criticism.  If you want to know how your arrangement it, expect to be told how your arrangement is.

me irl
[close]

triforceguy1

Quote from: Gamer4250 on June 25, 2008, 09:23:21 AMI told him how he could improve it, didn't I?
Not really, all you said was what's bad about it not actually telling me how to improve it.

KefkaticFanatic

Congratulations, you just figured out what to improve on.

me irl
[close]

Gooch

But you didn't tell him anything at all!! All you told him was that it was totally wrong. He knows he needs to improve on that stuff, but he doesn't know how... Wow, way to fail, Gamer.