News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

Zeila's Arrangements (New [4/24/23]: Kirby, Runescape, and more!)

Started by Zeila, November 15, 2015, 02:39:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeila

I hope you guys enjoy my sheets, and any feedback is much appreciated! If you hover over a piece title with a mouse, it should show the day I last updated it. Beware of any non-accepted sheets from over 2-3 years ago, although most of them will be updated eventually. Special thanks to Th3Gavst3r, dajwxp, and Latios212 for the formatting layout and/or ideas, and also to anyone who gives advice, plays my sheets, or just likes them for whatever reason!

Green – Accepted or On Site
Blue – Submitted
Black – In Progress

(songs that are accepted or on site won't have midi/pdf links for space reasons)

[Sheets On Site]
[Miscellaneous Arrangements]
[Dropbox Folder]
[Consideration/In Progress List]

Super Mario

Mario Kart 8
Fanfare Collection (w/ ThatGamer and Sebastian)
[MUS][MIDI][PDF][Original]
Mario Kart Wii
Rainbow Road
Water Park
Paper Mario: Color Splash
Fight!
ROYal Rumble (Blue Mario)
ROYal Rumble (Blue Mario)(Duet)
Sunset Express
Super Mario Odyssey
Lullaby Until the End (Fossil Falls Music Box Version)

Mega Man

Mega Man 2
Opening
Title
Mega Man Zero 2
Power Bom

The Legend of Zelda

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
Dragon Roost Island (a diff version w/ Zunawe is on-site)
The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
Dark Hyrule Castle
Minigame
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
The Legend of Zelda: Orchestra Piece #2
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
Facing Ganon
The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes
Boss
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
The King of Hyrule's Wish
Korok Forest (Day)
Korok Forest (Night)
Link's Memories: "Silent Princess"
Link's Memories: "Zelda's Awakening"
Recovered Memory
The Temple of Time
Urbosa's Theme
Zora's Domain (Day) (w/ Nacho2420)
Zora's Domain (Night)

Fire Emblem

Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
Comrades
Fire Emblem Awakening
Id (Dilemma)
Fire Emblem: Three Houses
A Funeral of Flowers (Thunder)
Shambhala (Area 17 Redux) (Rain)
Fire Emblem Engage
Trial of Awakening (Reignite Us) *new*

Kirby

Kirby's Epic Yarn
Halberd
Vs. Meta Knight
Kirby: Planet Robobot
Haltmann Works Co. HQ
Patched Plains
Kirby Star Allies
Last Friends *new*
Wish-Granting Palace

Tales

Tales of Symphonia
Full force

Pokémon

Pokémon Gold/Silver/Crystal
Team Rocket HQ
Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald
Route 113
Pokémon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum
Battle! (Azelf/Mesprit/Uxie)
Canalave City (Night)
Canalave City (Night)(Two Pianos)
Decisive Battle! (Pokémon League)
Eterna Forest
Lake
Lake (Two Pianos)
Snowpoint City (Day)
Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon
The End (includes the Epilogue)
Fire Island Volcano
Mist Continent: Noe Town
Partner's Theme: Music Box
Pokémon Sun/Moon
Battle! (Team Skull Admin)
Battle! (Team Skull Boss)
Battle! (Team Skull)
Festival Plaza (Night)
Hau'oli City (Night)
Lillie's Theme (Two Pianos)
Lonely Lillie
Pokémon Masters EX
Battle! (Champions Cynthia/Lance/Steven)

Xeno

Xenoblade Chronicles X
PianoX1
PianoX2
PianoX3

Super Smash Bros.

Super Smash Bros. Melee
Big Blue
Brinstar
Capt. Falcon's Victory
DK's Victory
Dr. Mario
Fire Emblem
Flat Zone
Fountain of Dreams
Icicle Mountain
Mother (w/ Latios212)
Mr. Game & Watch's Victory
Samus's Victory
Zelda Team Victory

Runescape

Background
Ballad of Enchantment
Don't Panic Zanik *new*
Yesteryear

Animal Crossing

Animal Crossing: City Folk
K.K. Sonata (Aircheck)
Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Town Tree
Animal Crossing: New Horizons
5 P.M.

Kingdom Hearts

Kingdom Hearts II
A Fight to the Death

Cory in the House

White House

Naruto: Ultimate Ninja

Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2
The Calm Before the Storm
Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution
Staff Credits

Minecraft

Minecraft Dungeons
Halland

Steins;Gate

Steins;Gate 0
Messenger -piano-

Zero Escape

Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma
Bad End
Interminable Dilemma (Final Decision)
Morphogenetic Sorrow

Scroll down for more!

Sebastian

Welcome to NSM!
After a quick glance, these arrangements look awesome especially for your first ones! I'm not able to give any feedback at the moment, but I will take a look later.
I'm surprised Bespinben hasn't said anything about your Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon sheet yet ;) 

Zeila

Shovel Knight

Shovel of Hope
A Thousand Leagues Below (Iron Whale)
Spin Ye Bottle
Watch Me Dance!
Plague of Shadows
03 – Tango of the Troupple King
07 – Art Through Adversity
10 – The Final Note
11 – Le Bouquet Magique

Jackbox Games

Trivia Murder Party
List of the Dead Song

Crypt of the NecroDancer

Cadence of Hyrule
Windmill Hut (Peaceful)
Zelda's Lullaby (File Select)
Crypt of the NecroDancer
For Whom the Knell Tolls (Dead Ringer)

Splatoon

Hooked

Undertale

Deltarune
Attack of the Killer Queen
Vs. Susie
Undertale
An Ending
Bring It In, Guys!
Chill
Confession
Enemy Approaching
Happy Town
Here We Are
Last Goodbye
Mad Mew Mew
Meat Factory
Spear of Justice (Beta)
Thundersnail
Undyne

Night in the Woods

Rainy Day
Rainy Day (Duet)

Triangle Strategy

Combat -Destiny- *new*

If I end up disappearing, feel free to submit/edit my sheets. Also, there are likely in-progress or even completed sheets (including ones that aren't from video games) in my dropbox folder a few weeks or so after my latest update

Sebastian

Haha nice.

I'll have feedback soon!

Zeila

Update: The first draft of UNDERTALE 095 - Bring It In, Guys! is completed. Once again, any feedback is appreciated!

[MIDI] [PDF] [MUS] [MUSX]

cashwarrior1

The triforce heroes boss theme has a chord change on the last chord before the repeat....

Zeila

Dang, I can't believe I missed that... I went ahead and updated it (along with my other sheets), so let me know if there are any more issues!

Zeila

Update:
  • Firstly, I posted "Last Goodbye" from Undertale since I never actually posted it here.
  • Secondly, I went ahead and arranged "Partner's Theme - Music Box" from Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon. About the sheet, I've never actually seen a repeat sign that included the pickup measure. Is that okay? Other than that, if there are any other mistakes (whether it be formatting or note-wise) then please let me know!

"Last Goodbye"
MIDI | PDF | MUS | MUSX | Original

"Partner's Theme - Music Box"

Zeila

Here are two new arrangements (I also went ahead and updated the links in the original post):

Runescape - "Yesteryear"

I omitted a voice in m8 because it got too muddy and messy looking. There are some places (notably most of p3) where the articulation clashes. I would widen the gap between systems, but it seems as if there isn't much space left to use and I don't know how to do it in the first place (I could look it up if it is still a viable option). Also, for places like m16, do I have to notate that the left hand plays the second layer when there are large gaps or would I just put it in the second staff altogether?

Kingdom Hearts II - "A Fight to the Death"

I'm not sure if I got all of the arpeggios down correctly or not. Should there only be arpeggios in that section or should I add a left hand part? In the last section starting at m51, it is repeated but there is a slight variation in m58. Is it worth it to forgo the variation and have it repeat, or should I get rid of the repeat (or add a 1st and 2nd ending) and write it in? Also, I don't know if there are any more copyrights I should note.

Onionleaf

Hiya :) Ooh, a Runescape arrangement, I'll have a look!

Overall I'd say it's a job well done, and great choice of song too! Did you use a MIDI for it, or is it all done by ear? (I have the original game MIDI file downloaded in case you'd like to use it for reference)
I'll write up my thoughts as bullet points, in no particular order:
  • In regards to the layout, I feel like the notes are all just a tiny bit cramped. I can see how it's useful to have four bars per system, so I wouldn't change that... hmm, maybe reduce the whole sheet down to 90%? (You can do that by clicking on the % icon/tool and click on a blank area on the sheet and typing in 90%) Then the four bars per system have a bit more space between the notes.
  • If you'd like to add some space between the staves (which should definitely be done in some parts, like m.4-11), you can click on the Staff tool (the Treble clef icon) and click and drag down the square right next to the bass clef.
  • Remember to add a double measure line whenever the time or key signature changes. (For example, going from m.47 to 48)
  • Yeah, often the songs in Runescape have a lot of voices that unfortunately would be difficult to play with only two hands. When I arrange Runescape songs, I usually try to alternate the voices to add a bit more variety, especially when melodies repeat throughout the song. For example, I would try to add the voice that you omitted from m.8 to m.36-39, replacing the usual three quaver beats. Also, I've noticed that you haven't included the topmost flute sounds anywhere (the ones falling on the offbeats), so perhaps the right hand could play those somewhere other than its usual arpeggio runs. I'm kind of leaning more towards doing that for m.40 onwards, but you are welcome to decide on whatever sounds better for you. :)
  • For the parts such as m.19, make sure that your "LH" annotation is sitting in a place where it's readable (in the space between the staves). I think the one in m.35, as well as in m.55 and onwards, can sit in the left hand staff, it should be easier to read that way.
  • The chords from m.40 onwards seem much too thick to me and would be difficult to play. I'd probably put more emphasis on that brass melody line in that part (your red notes).
  • I noticed at m.36 you wrote "a tempo", I think it would make more sense to write "a tempo prima".
  • I'm a bit concerned about how playable all those arpeggiations would be and the middle voice is at times difficult to reach by either hand. Hmm, I can't quite say at the moment how that could be resolved but just thought I'd mention it anyway.
I think that's enough of me talking. ^^" Now that I look at my post, it looks like a lot of rambling, but you've certainly done most of the work!

Zeila

Thanks! I went ahead and updated Yesteryear with the following changes:
  • I updated the formatting (this includes the double bar, left hand in places like m35, spacing, etc)
  • I got rid of the entire right hand for m36-40 and added the flute part instead. I would have done the same for the following section but I wanted to keep the arpeggios and it would have clashed when it is raised by an octave. I could replace the three quaver beats with it (especially considering that I can't hear it actually), but I'm not sure if it would fit or how it would sound
  • Instead of triads in m40, it's actually dyads now

I'm also slightly concerned about the playability regarding places like m4-7, but I decided to leave it be for now. What could be done for m4/6 is that the left hand could play part of the arpeggios while the right hand just plays the chord and continues on. For m37 and similar measures, would I have to notate that the right hand is playing part of the left (with dashed lines perhaps)? How would I do so for m15 when the left hand plays the 2nd layer of the 1st staff for counts 3 and 4?

Almost forgot to mention, but I did it by ear. I wasn't aware that there were MIDI files, but it doesn't surprise me that much actually. You don't have to send it to me though, I can just look it up in case I want to arrange any other tracks in the future

Onionleaf

Fantastic, thanks for taking the time to read through my post. ^^ Oh and well done on arranging it all by ear, I'm just a lazy one who looks for "an easy way out" wherever possible, haha. Sure no problem, those MIDIs should be easy to find if you'll ever need them.

In reply to your concerns, the moving melody line between the hands might require some cross-staffing (you can Google the instructions on how to do that in Finale, it's called the "Note Mover Tool") and/or add a dashed line, like you said. :) I'll let you experiment with those options, that should hopefully make it easier for the performer to read the sheets.

I still think that m 40-43 would be difficult to play, is there a reason for why the right hand is playing in the bass clef and then starting from m 44 plays the same melody in the treble clef? Wouldn't it make more sense to have the usual 4 bars with repeat signs for those phrases, with the right hand playing in the treble clef so that it won't clash with the left hand?

I can have a think about how else it could be simplified, maybe it might be best to take out the waltz-like quavers in the left hand in some places. For example, in my "Norse Code" arrangement, as soon as another voice stepped in starting from m 17, I replaced the waltz beats with the newly introduced melody, then added the waltz notes back in m 25. Even though after that section there are almost always at least 3 voices intertwining, I alternated between them depending on what voice seemed the loudest or more interesting to me, with the last page ending in a bit of a contrapuntal texture. Don't worry about trying out different combinations and seeing how they sound, the result might even surprise you. :)

Zeila

Quote from: Onionleaf on December 09, 2015, 02:58:24 AMFantastic, thanks for taking the time to read through my post. ^^ Oh and well done on arranging it all by ear, I'm just a lazy one who looks for "an easy way out" wherever possible, haha. Sure no problem, those MIDIs should be easy to find if you'll ever need them.
No worries! :3 And thanks, I tend to be quite lazy myself

Quote from: Onionleaf on December 09, 2015, 02:58:24 AMIn reply to your concerns, the moving melody line between the hands might require some cross-staffing (you can Google the instructions on how to do that in Finale, it's called the "Note Mover Tool") and/or add a dashed line, like you said. :) I'll let you experiment with those options, that should hopefully make it easier for the performer to read the sheets.
Fixed! (I decided to cross staff instead of using dashed lines)

Quote from: Onionleaf on December 09, 2015, 02:58:24 AMI still think that m 40-43 would be difficult to play, is there a reason for why the right hand is playing in the bass clef and then starting from m 44 plays the same melody in the treble clef? Wouldn't it make more sense to have the usual 4 bars with repeat signs for those phrases, with the right hand playing in the treble clef so that it won't clash with the left hand?
In the original the right hand goes up an octave on the repeat. I decided to raise both occurrences up an octave so it's always in treble clef. I also added 'simile' on the repeat (if that's not how you would use the term, I can just take it out)

Quote from: Onionleaf on December 09, 2015, 02:58:24 AMI can have a think about how else it could be simplified, maybe it might be best to take out the waltz-like quavers in the left hand in some places. For example, in my "Norse Code" arrangement, as soon as another voice stepped in starting from m 17, I replaced the waltz beats with the newly introduced melody, then added the waltz notes back in m 25. Even though after that section there are almost always at least 3 voices intertwining, I alternated between them depending on what voice seemed the loudest or more interesting to me, with the last page ending in a bit of a contrapuntal texture. Don't worry about trying out different combinations and seeing how they sound, the result might even surprise you. :)
I see what you mean. You made it work with your arrangement, nice job! I went ahead and replaced the waltz pattern with the flute part, but I resized the note heads to 80% so that the performer will know that the 2nd layer is top priority

Zeila

Update: Here are several short arrangements

"Dragon Roost Island" (Wind Waker)
MIDI | MUS | MUSX | PDF | Original
 - I wanted to get this done in case Wind Waker becomes the next Arrangement Project. Some parts (namely m59-end) are a bit muddy, so I'll need to edit it more later on. Also, the percussive part doesn't work in the midi file so if anyone knows how to solve that without making a new file, that would be appreciated

"Minigame" (Minish Cap)
"Team Rocket HQ" (Pokemon GSC)
"Chill" (Undertale)
"Confession" (Undertale)
 - The echoed part might be a little too much, but I left it in there for now

"Happy Town" (Undertale)
"Meat Factory" (Undertale)
"Undyne" (Undertale)

Edit: I was going to make a new post, but since it's only a day after this original post time I decided not to. The song is not completely finished as I still have quite a bit of refining and adding to do, but here's Eterna Forest from pokemon diamond/pearl:

Zeila

Like my arrangement of Eterna Forest or pretty much most if not all of my arrangements, this one also needs to be edited. Here's the first draft of "Lake" from Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum