News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

Zeila's Arrangements (New [4/24/23]: Kirby, Runescape, and more!)

Started by Zeila, November 15, 2015, 02:39:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latios212

Hey, glad to see you back again!

(was more than happy to take care of those few sheets in the meantime :P)
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeila

Thanks for the sentiment, even though I ended up being inactive again. will the next update be in another 4+ months? Find out next time...

In the meantime, here are two pieces:

[3DS] Kirby: Planet Robobot
"Haltmann Works Co. HQ"
MIDI | MUS | MUSX | PDF | Original
I was originally going to do the True Arena version but I couldn't find the real name and found out that this is nearly if not exactly the same thing but in a different key, so I opted to do this one instead

[MUL] Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma
"Interminable Dilemma (Final Decision)"
This is the version that plays after the true ending, which has additional instruments + an extended Morphogenetic Sorrow portion in 3/4. The official name is just "Interminable Dilemma," but I felt that adding the ending title would distinguish it from the other version. I've had this incomplete for a while now and finally finished it

The next works will likely be from my WIP pile

Zeila

Yay for summer break 8)

To kick it off, here's an update with 3 new sheets

[MUL] Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma
"Bad End"
This was done pretty quickly, and I actually finished this about a month ago

[SWITCH] Cadence of Hyrule: Crypt of the NecroDancer Ft. The Legend of Zelda
"Windmill Hut (Peaceful)"
If I do the combat/intense version, I think I may just put it in a separate sheet

"Zelda's Lullaby (Menu)"
I didn't buy the game yet, but I'm assuming this is for an in-game menu unlike the title theme, which is a remix of Ocarina of Time's title theme. Speaking of that, I like how this piece derives some elements from it too, like the beginning rhythm/pattern

I do not know the full titles of these yet since the soundtrack isn't officially out. Also I'm likely going to arrange more songs from this game because the soundtrack is really nice. Although it's a crossover, I classified it under Crypt of the NecroDancer since it's more closely related to that (and Zelda is "featured" anyways)

Zeila

No new sheet today (although a few are in the works), but I significantly modified Orchestra Piece #2 from Twilight Princess. Any advice regarding arrangement choices, formatting, and etc. would be appreciated!

[Wii] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
"The Legend of Zelda: Orchetra Piece #2"

old submission thread for reference

Latios212

Ah, looks like a huge improvement from before! Don't have too much time to look right now, but at a quick glance...

Regarding m. 5-18, I think it's worth thinking about a couple of things regarding the middle part. One, how having it up an octave as you have doesn't give as ominous a feel as the original lower range does. Two, how do you want this to be pedaled or not pedaled? There's a certain amount of "dryness" in the original line but given the way it's written right now it demands pedal to sustain the low bass notes. I don't have any particular suggestions at the moment regarding these but that's what I noticed.

Also, at m. 43+, I like the upbeat rhythm but I'd rethink that left hand part a bit as it looks rough on the pinky.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeila

Thank you! Raising it up an octave and using the pedal was a compromise to include most of the parts, but since it isn't as true to the original feel of the piece I tried updating m5-16. I'm not really satisfied with how it is, so I'll continue to think about it some more. I also considered lowering the middle part an octave below the original and have that go alongside the bottom whole notes, but that might be too muddy. Aside from that I simplified m43-46 a bit

Zeila

Here's another fe3h sheet, but this time it's for solo piano instead of piano accompaniment + vocals/other:

[SWITCH] Fire Emblem: Three Houses
"A Funeral of Flowers (Thunder)"

I don't know if this is actually the Thunder version as I didn't even beat the game yet nor start the Silver Snow route, but that's what's listed on the youtube video. I heard about it from a comment section on and got curious enough to listen to it, and honestly it's really pretty :>. I might edit this post later with an uploaded version of the original in case it gets taken down

I realize that some of the time signatures may be better as other ones, but I'll sit on it and revise the sheet before I submit it

Maelstrom

It is indeed the thunder version.
It's this way because
Spoiler
Head of the church turns into an uncontrollable manakete and makes all the people who had her blood to get powers do the same and then you fight them. This is also the reason for the musical reference to gazing at sirius around the 2 minute mark.
[close]

Latios212

Quote from: Zeila on September 08, 2019, 07:38:22 PMHere's another fe3h sheet, but this time it's for solo piano instead of piano accompaniment + vocals/other:

[SWITCH] Fire Emblem: Three Houses

Hoo boy am I glad to see this one :D will definitely try and learn this

But of course, I must check notes first! Only have time to go through the first half for now.
- m. 3 first 16th note should be E above the bass
- There's a D in the gap in the lower layer in m. 12
- Third 16th note in m. 15 should be A
- Last octave in m. 23 sounds like it should be lower D# instead of A#
- First LH note of m. 25 should be an octave lower
- Beat 3 LH of m. 44 should be G#
- Not sure I hear the D# under the melody G# in m. 44/48
- RH E in m. 50 should be D#
- I think m. 54 shouldn't have octaves in the right hand. I'm not hearing the lower notes except for the F# which is probably just coming from the left hand part.
- m. 57 RH - not sure if the A is part of the melody?
- m. 58 beat 1 RH sounds like an octave

Other stuff:
- Raise rest in m. 28
- I think m. 51-58 would be better written in Bm
- For places like m. 54/56/etc. beam the tuplets together like this since it's in 6/8. To do this, first use / on the first note of each tuplet to link the beams and then use the Beam Break Tool and select Break Through 16th notes on those same notes.
Spoiler
You cannot view this attachment.
[close]

More feedback on the presentation might come as I play it!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeila

Thank you for checking it!

Quote from: Latios212 on September 18, 2019, 05:58:11 PM- m. 57 RH - not sure if the A is part of the melody?
I wasn't sure either so I left it like that to avoid the collision, but I checked the Rain version and it's not part of the melody so I tied the note before it. I also updated m72

Quote from: Latios212 on September 18, 2019, 05:58:11 PM- I think m. 51-58 would be better written in Bm
I decided to leave it as Bm until measure 65

Quote from: Latios212 on September 18, 2019, 05:58:11 PM- For places like m. 54/56/etc. beam the tuplets together like this since it's in 6/8. To do this, first use / on the first note of each tuplet to link the beams and then use the Beam Break Tool and select Break Through 16th notes on those same notes.
Spoiler
You cannot view this attachment.
[close]
Thanks for telling me how! I also decided to break up the 32nd notes into groups of 4 barring the last section since it seems to be more free-form and continuous, but if the inconsistency is an issue then I can change it back

In addition to including your other points, I looked through it some more and made the following changes (notating where specifically in case you or anyone else looked at the rest)
- removed the G# and B# on beat 1 of measures 71 and 74 respectively because I couldn't really hear them
- changed the 2nd 16th note in m71 to a D#
- changed the 4th 16th note in m73 to a B
- changed the last 16th note in m74 to an A natural
- removed the top octaves in m76 and 78 since I'm not sure about those
- got rid of the 6th sixteenth note and made the 3rd division an eighth note in m77
- added the harmony in m80
- m83, 87 removed the B on the second chord
- m87, 88 changed the last two notes of the pattern to a D and E natural instead of C# and D natural

The link should still be the same

Latios212

Awesome, thanks for fixing it up! Changes look good thus far.

Now onto checking the rest for me :) (m. 59+)
- Sounds like there's an accel. at m. 59? Might want to double check the tempo in that section
- m. 62-64: Use B#/Fx/Cx instead of Cn/Gn/Dn
- m. 72: move the F# to the right hand. There's also a A# in that layer between that F# and the C#
- m. 75: does the melody move down to G# on beat 4?
- m. 76-77: change Gn>Fx
- m. 76: First beat sounds like it has a lower A# octave doubled in the RH
- How about changing back to Bm starting at m. 81?
- m. 92 - second B in LH sounds like Cn

That's all for notes! I will make yet another pass for presentation at a later time to provide feedback on the visuals and also things like the cadenza at the end, dynamics, etc.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeila

Quote from: Latios212 on September 22, 2019, 08:55:07 AMAwesome, thanks for fixing it up! Changes look good thus far.

Now onto checking the rest for me :) (m. 59+)
- Sounds like there's an accel. at m. 59? Might want to double check the tempo in that section
Thanks! I think it's just consistently slightly faster up until m67 where it's in between that and the original tempo (at about eighth = 158, although I left it as the original tempo for convenience and since 158 isn't divisible by 3). I also updated the original time signature to be at dotted quarter = 51

Quote from: Latios212 on September 22, 2019, 08:55:07 AM- m. 75: does the melody move down to G# on beat 4?
I don't think so, and in the Rain version that doesn't seem to be the case either

Quote from: Latios212 on September 22, 2019, 08:55:07 AMThat's all for notes! I will make yet another pass for presentation at a later time to provide feedback on the visuals and also things like the cadenza at the end, dynamics, etc.
I'm sure your eagle eye for visuals will find something else, but I tried fixing it up a little bit. And I have nearly zero experience with cadenzas so if it looks off then I can change it

Latios212

Quote from: Latios212 on September 22, 2019, 08:55:07 AM- m. 72: move the F# to the right hand. There's also a A# in that layer between that F# and the C#
Ah I meant I think this should be part of the layer 2 in the right hand, not just cross-staffed.

Quote from: Zeila on September 22, 2019, 05:18:31 PMI'm sure your eagle eye for visuals will find something else, but I tried fixing it up a little bit. And I have nearly zero experience with cadenzas so if it looks off then I can change it
ha
Haha most of what I've seen before has been from around here, along with a few classical pieces. Mostly I think it just comes down to what makes the most sense. But yeah anyway, will go through that at some point later.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeila

Quote from: Latios212 on September 22, 2019, 05:27:26 PMAh I meant I think this should be part of the layer 2 in the right hand, not just cross-staffed.
My bad, that does make more sense lol

Quote from: Latios212 on September 22, 2019, 05:27:26 PMHaha most of what I've seen before has been from around here, along with a few classical pieces. Mostly I think it just comes down to what makes the most sense. But yeah anyway, will go through that at some point later.
I didn't even catch the joke until I quoted you
True, the same could be said for me although instead of classical pieces it's just general wind ensemble ones. Thanks once again for the help! Both for this piece and everything else in general tbh. I really learned a lot from everyone here

Aside from that I forgot to hide the measure numbers at the end. Here's the link again for convenience:
Quote from: Zeila on September 08, 2019, 07:38:22 PM[SWITCH] Fire Emblem: Three Houses

Zeila

It's been a hot minute... these are at least a few weeks old and most have already been submitted or accepted by now. If you've seen my thread since April, then you would've noticed that I had 5 P.M. nearly ready to go, but I got distracted and never ended up editing it after all. EventuallyTM

[SWITCH] Animal Crossing: New Horizons
"5 P.M."
This will likely be updated by the time I do another post here

[3DS] The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
"Facing Ganon"

[Wii] Mario Kart Wii
"Rainbow Road"

[GCN] Super Smash Bros. Melee
"Brinstar"