News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

Enaryok's Arrangements (Undertale)

Started by Enaryok, November 28, 2015, 02:48:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Enaryok

Now that I've arranged several Undertale songs, it's time to start my own thread:

All links are either: ZIP archives containing MIDI, PDF, MUS and MUSX, or a NSM link if submitted and accepted.
Also some files may be missing if the song is a work in progress.

[PC] UNDERTALE

002 - "Start Menu"
NSM | ZIP | Original

027 - "Dating Fight!"
ZIP | Original

053 - "Stronger Monsters"
ZIP | Original

072 - "Song That Might Play When You Fight Sans"
ZIP | Original

078 - "You Idiot"
ZIP | Original

079 - "Your Best Nightmare"
ZIP | Original

093 - "Menu (Full)"
NSM | ZIP | Original

Bespinben

I noticed you used a non-standard key signature in your arrangement of Your Worst Nightmare. The harmonies (and spellings) of m. 64-73 are based off the Eb whole tone scale, so therefore, just keep using a key sig of 1 flat and use C# instead of Db.

(Fun fact -- Since there are only 2 unique whole tone scales, you can position the root of a whole tone scale wherever you'd like in the scale. The way to decide which root is "correct" is to look at where the diminished 3rd interval is and see if it makes melodic sense. For example, you originally had this interval between B and Db [see m. 66] by basing your spelling off of a Db whole tone scale, but by making the root Eb (and therefore C# as the 6th scale degree), the melody now keeps its step-wise motion.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Enaryok

I always end up confused while trying to arrange this hell of a piece, thanks for the advice, I'll get it corrected whenever I have the time (semester exams on the way T_T)

EDIT: I don't really got the point you stated, and while searching a correct scale, I found that the F minor lydian scale fitted it
And I just took the time to read the bass again, it IS Eb. It's just really, really weird. I also reseached the whole tone scales, which I didn't know the existence of.