News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

E. Gadd's Inventions: An Unofficial Revival, Plans Moving Forward (17)

Started by E. Gadd Industries, November 23, 2015, 05:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarvinKleinMusic

Hey E. Gadd Industries,

thank you for sharing my video in this thread. Maybe you can help me with something really important for me. There is a game called "Hype The Time Quest", it was published by Ubisoft in 1999 and it has some of the best video game music I have ever heard. Unfortunately none of these songs (except for one) are available as note sheet but the game has many fans.

We want to keep this game and all of the amazing memories of it alive, so we want to add the songs to a mobile app called "Magic Piano" but we can't do this without the note sheet. Take a look on the one song, which was available as note sheet and got added to Magic Piano by us.

The missing music is available here: http://hypeforever.webs.com/musicsoundtrack.htm

it would be great if you could reply via email to me: support@marvinkleinmusic.de

Best,
-Marvin

E. Gadd Industries

Quote from: Latios212 on March 31, 2017, 09:08:08 PMOne thing to watch out for - the rhythm in the section beginning at m. 4. 16th-8th-16th implies that the middle note is held for a longer time than the surrounding ones, whereas in the original it's just the same thing being played, it's just the timing that's different. Either make it 16th-16th-8th-16th or put a staccato on the middle note (I would go for the former here).
Okay, I'm looking at FLUDD now, and I get what you're saying, but your suggested solution (the first & preferred one) throws me off. 16-16-8-16? Where's the 3rd 16 come in?

EDIT: Also, @Marvin I sent an email to you
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

E. Gadd Industries

Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
Dreamy Mushrise Winds (In Submissions):
[PDF][MUS][MID][MUSX]

This is the result of a fun little collab I got to do with ThatHiddenCharacter! Truly, this soundtrack is the stuff of dreams. Be sure to tell us what you think! Any and all feedback is appreciated!

If you look at the OP, you'll notice there's nothing in the "Up & Coming" section. That's because while I'd love to get in another sheet before I leave for 5 weeks, I don't see it happening (unless I transcribe a reaaaaaaally short and/or simple song *ahem*). However, when I return from the 5 weeks, I'll update the OP with a definitive plan.

EDIT: Also, while I'm gone, I give my permission to the updaters, Sebastian, and Levi to submit and/or edit my submissions as they see necessary.
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

E. Gadd Industries

Wario Land: Shake It!
Title (not submitted yet):
[PDF][MUS][MID][MUSX]

Aaaaaaand he slides in with one final arrangement before he disappears for 5 weeks! I did this one kinda hastily, given the fact that I'm leaving out tomorrow for the event. Nevertheless, I did it!

SO, as always, any & all feedback is appreciated (though don't expect any updates unless the feedback is given instantaneously)

EDIT: I almost forgot, Finale won't acknowledge an arpeggio if it's on beat 1, measure 1 because it requires previous space (the roll starts before the beat, with the last note played on-beat). As such, I had to add an empty pickup measure for the first arpeggio to play for the MIDI, but I took it out for the other files. That's why there's a slight pause (longer than usual) for it when compared to the other files.
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

E. Gadd Industries

Okie, I updated the files for "Title Theme" for Zelda II! Yea, that's all for now. :D

OH, I'll be doing a bit of everything, focusing on both the arrangements already here, prepping them for submissions, and then advancing my quest for arranging the OSTs of those games I mentioned earlier!

EDIT: Also, could anyone look over Eden: World Builder - "Title" for me? I want to submit it ASAP
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Zeila

This (Title for Eden World Builder) was done a few weeks ago so if you edited anything recently then my bad. I mostly just did the first page but some of it can be copied into other sections (whether directly or shifted an octave). I definitely suggest checking it over again since there are other sections with incorrect notes and rhythms

Formatting/misc
- You should add pedal markings at the very beginning instead of the middle. Simply putting 'con pedale' should suffice
- Consider moving the 8vb markings slightly to the left in order to extend the bracket so it's clearer
- The repeats glitch out on the second run. To fix that, select the repeat tool and click on the backward repeat bars, then check "Reset on repeat action." To edit numbered endings, click on each number and specify whatever it is you're going for. In this case, the first ending changes to 1, 3 while "1." is the alternate text.
- Instead of eighth note rests at the end of those measures, make the last eighth note a quarter note
- You should do something about those 10th intervals, like lower the melody down an octave to compensate
- The layering gets messy starting m30, and it might be best to write it out in one layer (at least for m34-37)
modified example

I only changed the layering part
[close]
- I personally don't see any purpose to having whole notes simultaneously playing with a different note value with the same note/frequency, especially if the pianist were to use a pedal or restrike the note. I get that you're trying to show different voices for stuff like m42-45, but there should be a better way to write that
- Since it's 5 pages long and has repeat signs throughout the song, it's best to put a DC marking instead of a repeat sign at the very end. It makes it less ambiguous and easier to read
- You could also put rehearsal markings

Note accuracy
- m8/12 RH there's a C above the A/F
- m9 RH are dyads
- (optional) for the repeat section in m13-21, you could write a note that says to add an octave below the first note of each measure (LH) on the second repeat
- m13 RH idk why you wrote it like that when the first note is part of the melody. Move it back to the first layer, and make the whole note a D instead; LH 1st beat is a Bb
here's a picture of m13-20 since I'm lazy

It might be best to just omit the lower D in m16 RH
[close]

Overall, good job :3

edit: I also decided to briefly look over Title from Wario Land: Shake It!, and I find the way you wrote out the parts is quite odd. You're also missing a few notes in the first several measures (and probably throughout the piece). I think it would look better as this:
first four measures
[close]
It looks much cleaner and is more accurate considering that the bottom notes last longer than a dotted eighth note

Also you should edit the measure distribution so that the last system isn't just two measures

E. Gadd Industries

Quote from: Zeila on July 23, 2017, 09:49:27 PMFormatting/misc
- You should do something about those 10th intervals, like lower the melody down an octave to compensate
I did a mix of things, but all are more playable now and I didn't have to shift the entire melody down an octave.
- You could also put rehearsal markings
I've never used them before, so I have no idea if I put them in the correct places or not. But there's 5 of them.
Note accuracy
- m9 RH are dyads
I think I did what you were meaning
here's a picture of m13-20 since I'm lazy

It might be best to just omit the lower D in m16 RH
[close]
Hmmm... Listening to the original, I can't get over the LH in m20. Both you and Seb have suggested that change, but I'm not hearing that over what I've got. Also, in the RH m17 beat 3,4 - m18, beat 1, the lower notes conflict with the LH. (I just realised my version had overlap... RIP)

Overall, good job :3
Thanks!

edit: I also decided to briefly look over Title from Wario Land: Shake It!,
Zeila, you are amazing!
and I find the way you wrote out the parts is quite odd. You're also missing a few notes in the first several measures (and probably throughout the piece). I think it would look better as this:
first four measures
[close]
It looks much cleaner and is more accurate considering that the bottom notes last longer than a dotted eighth note
Cool. I did that for the entire intro, seeing as it follows a similar scheme throughout. Only thing is, I'm not the best at chords, so inaccuracies may still be present.

Thanks for the feedback! You're the best, Zeila! :D
I'm still working on Eden, but both file updates will be made momentarily!

EDIT: Okay, I've edited everything in EXCEPT the MIDI for Eden. For some odd reason, the Audio Engine for Finale 2014 rarely works for me, and this means that if I can't export a MIDI without copying Cage's "4:33". Hopefully, whatever's causing this to happen stops, but if not, I guess we'll have to find another way. Any feedback is appreciated; I'd like to submit Eden by tomorrow!

EDIT 2: Shoutout to THC for converting a MIDI for me! All 4 files should be up-to-date now!
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

E. Gadd Industries

I updated Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon's "Gloomy Manor" to the correct version that's on-site now! This marks the 23rd arrangement I have there!

Hopefully there'll be a big update here soon. But idk. It may be a bit.
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

BrainyLucario

When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

E. Gadd Industries

-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

E. Gadd Industries

Woohoo! Another sheet accepted, and another day we have to wait for my PAT to be updated has passed...

._. I swear there will be new material soon. I'm working on my KEY claims rn.
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

E. Gadd Industries

Kirby's Epic Yarn
Apt. 102 (not submitted yet):
[PDF][MUS][MID][MUSX]

Bossa nova is fun! For my 28th arrangement, I chose this piece to contribute to the push(?) to complete the Kirby's Epic Yarn Unofficial Arrangement Project! Jeez... 5 months since my last arrangement was uploaded, BUT I've gotten others updated and accepted and such. So progress hasn't been COMPLETELY stagnant! Dang homework...

Uh... anyhoo, this sheet is probably going to need a looooooot of fixing concerning rhythm and beaming, since there are lotsa quarter-8th-quarter (and related) patterns and I don't know quite what I'm doing with that type of thing! The last 12ish measures I had to get creative with trying to get as much as I did in the measures. As usual, any and all feedback is greatly appreciated! Once one of my submissions is accepted, I'll submit this one!

Hopefully, I can get far enough ahead in 2nd trimester that my homework levels reduce greatly, allowing me more time to do this! (I'm going to regret being up this late in the morning, though...)
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

E. Gadd Industries

Super Mario Sunshine
Various Boss Battle Themes (not submitted yet):
[PDF][MUS][MID][MUSX]

"Boss Battle"

"Gooper Blooper Battle Phase 2"* (Timestamp- 2:47)

"Angry Wiggler"

"Very Angry Wiggler"

*Sorry this isn't a music video, but a good one doesn't exist; the only one that's does has staccato'd notes at different points, which isn't accurate.

For my 29th arrangement, here is a combined sheet for the 4 "Boss Battle" variations! Heh... things may be a bit weird (I'm still readjusting to MuseScore & NotePad)
EDIT: I'm back!
Anyhoo, as I was saying, things may still be a lil bit weird, but by the time I submit this sheet, hopefully I'll either be fully familiar with working with MuseScore/NP, or I'll be back on Finale. Idk which will come first. For now, though, I'll definitely be focusing on readjusting to this system, and hopefully arrange more often at that (in fact, I'm almost finished with ANOTHER sheet! *cue gasp from audience*). Just gotta figure out how to prioritize and balance everything out to where I can arrange while still doing everything else I am in life. Looking forward to this summer! Many things will be done! (No GSP, no school, no summer assignment, none of that. Just waiting for college to start, really)

EDIT 2: So... uh... Finale is kinda working? Not quite sure. I was going to work on this almost-finished piece but forgot I only have a .musx for it, so I opened it in Finale, and everything was completely normal. So I tried to open this sheet and it... almost works. The notes actually look like notes, just a bit spaced out. However, the jazz font works perfectly. So who knows? I may actually be back in Finale? Anyways, why you should care is that I made a .musx for this piece, but I don't know if it looks normal formatting-wise. Could someone check it out and tell me?
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

E. Gadd Industries

I told you the next arrangement was almost finished! I just decided to finish it up tonight since I really can't do much else scholarship-wise (still waiting on a transcript).

Hype: The Time Quest
The Guardian of Time (not submitted yet):
[PDF][MUS][MID][MUSX]

For my 30th arrangement (yay for milestones!), I chose to do this piece from the Playmobil game "Hype: The Time Quest"! I have never actually played the game, but I've seen a few videos about it, so I am at least somewhat familiar with the game's concept! This is the first of 8 pieces from this game that I will be arranging at some point (some sooner than others). These pieces were requested by MarvinKleinMusic (look at the top of the page)!

This song is simple in nature, and rather repetitive. But that being said, having been released in 1999, the sound system is kinda tough to work with (add in chords and we have ourselves a real problem). However, I feel like I've gotten the chords matched as best as possible. Also, this is one piece that strangely works normally in Finale. I'm not complaining, I just find it odd.

As always, any and all feedback is appreciated!
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

E. Gadd Industries

This is a much-awaited update (for some)! The update to verify the addition of my 26th sheet, Eden - World Builder - "Main Menu" to the site! The files should now be updated to reflect their finalized forms!
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]