News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

The Fourth Annual NSM Superlatives

Started by K-NiGhT, December 01, 2015, 11:48:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

K-NiGhT

Greetings and welcome to our Fourth Annual NSM Superlatives. I'm your host for this year, K-NiGhT. We have a lot of work to do and not a lot of time to do it in. 2015 is winding down fast, and I'd prefer that we get these all completed by the end of the year.

Without further ado, here is the current list of categories from last yearnominees!

NSM Superlatives Nominees
Friendliest: manio, Hero of Trains, Latios212
Nicest: manio, Bubbles, Bespinben
Scariest: manio, MaestroUGC, KefkaticFanatic
Sexiest: manio, NocturneOfShadow, ZeldaFan
Prettiest: manio, ZeldaFan, Nebbles
Longest: manio, Bubbles, sipan
Most Improved: manio, mariolegofan, Latios212
Most Changed: manio, Dude, mariolegofan
Most Sarcastic (new category!): manio, Dudeman, SlowPokemon
Cutest: manio, Nebbles, Waddle Bro
Smartest: manio, Mashi, Jamaha
The Most A+: manio, Mashi, braixen1264
Frivolousest: manio, Mashi, Dude
Best LPer: manio, MaestroUGC, K-NiGhT
Calmest: manio, Latios212, Maelstrom
Best Couple: manio, Kman96 + shadowkirby, MaestroUGC + Everybody
Most Likely To Be A Closet Anime Fan: manio, Dude, MaestroUGC
Most European: manio, Jamaha, Tobeh99
Most American: manio, Ruto, SuperFireKirby
Most Australian: manio, Clanker37, AwesomeYears
Most Canadian: manio, JDMEK5, InsigTurtle
Most Likely To Succeed: manio, Jamaha, Bespinben
Best Vocabulary: manio, Mashi, MaestroUGC
Best Eyes: manio, Bloop, SlowPokemon
Best Hair: manio, ZeldaFan, FierceDeity
Best Reviewer of Stuff: manio, SlowPokemon, blueflower999
Best to Bring Home to Mom and Dad: manio, braixen1264, K-NiGhT
Best Artist: manio, braixen1264, Ruto
Best Storyteller: manio, K-NiGhT, BlackDragonSlayer
Best Arranger: manio, Bespinben, Deku Trombonist
Best Composer: manio, MaestroUGC, mariolegofan
Cutest Friends: manio, Kman96+shadowkirby, Mashi+Jub3r7
Best Sheet Reviewer: manio, Bespinben, Latios212
Best Moderator: manio, MaestroUGC, KefkaticFanatic
The Strongest: manio, braixen1264, K-NiGhT
Most Likely To Win Most "NSM Superlatives": manio, MaestroUGC, Bespinben
Most Talented: manio, Bespinben, Pianist da Sootopolis
Most Positive: manio, mariolegofan, Bespinben
Most Missed NSM Member: manio, Deku Trombonist, FierceDeity
Most Inactive Yet Still Active NSM Member (new category!): manio, Kman96, Winter
The Very Best, Like No One Ever Was: manio, Waddle Bro, FireArrow
Most Skilled Gamer: manio, fingerz, E. Gadd Industries
Best in ShowSmash (new category!): manio, K-NiGhT, Jompa
Best Peacekeeper (new category!): manio, MaestroUGC, braixen1264
Most Mysterious (new category!): manio, Jamaha, Yugi
Most Quotable (new category!): manio, InsigTurtle, MaestroUGC
Most Ridiculous: manio, shadowkirby, MaestroUGC
Best BFF: manio, blueflower999, Bespinben
Most Random/Spontaneous: manio, shadowkirby, Yellow
Biggest Fanboy: manio, Bespinben, SlowPokemon
Most Datable: manio, Nebbles, Dudeman
Best Presidential Candidate For 2028: manio, MaestroUGC, Jamaha
Best Mod Candidate For Next Tuesday: manio, K-NiGhT, braixen1264
Most Pokemon Champion Material: manio, Roz~, K-NiGhT
Most  ??? ??? ???: manio, King Sammer, wariopiano
Biggest Hipster: manio, Altissimo, DrP
Most Fabulous: manio, Nebbles, dahans
NEXT YEAR'S "NSM Superlatives" HOST: manio, Latios212, Dudeman
[close]

As you can see, I've taken all of the superlatives from last year and put them on the list. But that alone is no fun! That's why I'm calling on all of you. I need you all to suggest new categories for this year! Another feature this year is that you can choose to remove a category you deem unfit to be included for whatever reason, as long as the host agrees. This could help remove some of the...toxicity from this most fun time of year.

I will be accepting PM submissions for new categories and removal of categories until 12/3/2015 at 11:59:59 PM. Get on it, folks!

Once again, welcome to this year's NSM Superlatives! It's going to be a great one, I'm sure of it!

EDIT: Voting is now open. Please submit your votes through PM by December 25, 2015 at 11:59:59 PM.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 28, 2015, 06:48:06 PM
what are you doing stop making nsm a better place by spreading happiness

braix

I T S H E R E B O Y S
Let's make this the second best Superlatives that NSM's ever seen ;D
Also, congratulations in advance to the winners!
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Sebastian

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mikey

add Best in Show Smash
add Best facial hair
remove most fun in bed
unmotivated

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

K-NiGhT

I should mention that I will be updating the list with people's suggestions as they come so stay tuned to see what you'll be voting on!
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 28, 2015, 06:48:06 PM
what are you doing stop making nsm a better place by spreading happiness

Waddle Bro

First of all like I said last year, I'm not interested in a thing that could make anyone feel bad about themselves, that's why I'd make it so that when someone nominates you that's it you're nominated for that category(just not nominating yourself!). I was upset last year because long-time members of the community were actually regretting being a part of this community because they only got nominated for shitty categories. I don't even see how only being nominated could hurt, it's not a skin off anyone's back.

Also previously I think the host has had someone else count the votes and stuff I think? I think separation of powers and dividing the amount of responsibility can only be good and help your job as a host!

also it's Frivolousiestest

Also best facial hair clearly discriminates all female members(and was suggested by someone who posted a picture with facial hair on them last night), I'd remove it.
And following gender neutrality I'd change "Biggest Fanboy" to "Biggest Fanboy/Fangirl"

Add Most Positive Influence :]
Edit: most positive is there already nvm

Dude

Well if any of the girls don't want it then they should speak up and it'll be removed.

Bubbles

Remove cruelest
Add Best Peacemaker

#stopthefighting

edit: oh and I agree with waddle about the nomination thing, I just assumed we were doing that but it's probably better to clarify it. I honestly don't care about the facial hair category but that's typically my stance on these types of things so I shouldn't be the deciding female voice o/

Sebastian

Waddle Bro

Quote from: Dude on December 01, 2015, 01:10:27 PMWell if any of the girls don't want it then they should speak up and it'll be removed.
No Dude, first of all nothing defines me as a boy or a girl but me, and even if i would happen to be a man, it doesn't change the point I'm making at all with my post. My point is how we'd be judging people based on their physical appearances that appear on a certain type of people(cis males), meaning everyone wouldn't have an equal chance to win.

ninja'd bubbles <3 you worded what i tried to mean with most positive influence

@k-n ADD BEST CINNAMON ROLL

mikey

Quote from: Waddle Bro on December 01, 2015, 01:03:04 PMFirst of all like I said last year, I'm not interested in a thing that could make anyone feel bad about themselves, that's why I'd make it so that when someone nominates you that's it you're nominated for that category(just not nominating yourself!). I was upset last year because long-time members of the community were actually regretting being a part of this community because they only got nominated for shitty categories. I don't even see how only being nominated could hurt, it's not a skin off anyone's back.

Also previously I think the host has had someone else count the votes and stuff I think? I think separation of powers and dividing the amount of responsibility can only be good and help your job as a host!

also it's Frivolousiestest

Also best facial hair clearly discriminates all female members(and was suggested by someone who posted a picture with facial hair on them last night), I'd remove it.
And following gender neutrality I'd change "Biggest Fanboy" to "Biggest Fanboy/Fangirl"

Add Most Positive Influence :]
Edit: most positive is there already nvm
by that line of thought let's remove prettiest and cutest because some of the guys might not want to be nominated oh noes
I don't think you understand that this is essentially a big joke that we celebrate yearly
Quote from: Waddle Bro on December 01, 2015, 01:25:33 PMmeaning everyone wouldn't have an equal chance to win.
yeah but with that logic we'd have to remove sexiest amirite :^)
unmotivated

Bubbles

Noc you can have your category but it'll definitely be taken off if you try and start something before the awards even officially begin >.>

Waddle Bro

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on December 01, 2015, 01:26:45 PMby that line of thought let's remove prettiest and cutest because some of the guys might not want to be nominated oh noes
I don't think you understand that this is essentially a big joke that we celebrate yearlyyeah but with that logic we'd have to remove sexiest amirite :^)
"pretty", "cute" or "sexy" aren't physical characteristics, but ideas based on individual's subjective perspective. Facial hair is a physical characteristic that doesn't really appear on everyone.
Also these superlatives shouldn't be superlatives you don't want to be nominated in the first place, that's why I'm saying this!!

The OP encourages the community to criticize and point out possible flaws so you shouldn't criticize me for criticizing.