News:

NinSheetMusic is 18 years old!

Main Menu

Update, Thursday 3rd of December 2015

Started by Bespinben, December 02, 2015, 08:07:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dude

Not that I don't believe you, but did you upload it before here or is this the first time it's been posted?

I mean it's entirely possible for you both to have similar looking sheets as it's the same song, right?

Olimar12345

Similar, yes. Literally exactly the same, (even more so prior to the submission process' changes), I don't think so. Under investigation.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Dude

Olimar: Just because you and K-night have had a beef with each other doesn't mean you should have any bias against him.

Please keep this in mind when investigating.

Olimar12345

Lol, is he still mad about that? Anyway, look at the dynamics: they're not only the exact same, but they're placed in the EXACT same spot (down to the pixel). Even the choice of hand changes and phrase markings are identical, and before I had him change it, measures 22-26 were identical. Something isn't right about this.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

The Deku Trombonist

Originally posted by me here in 2012: http://forum.ninsheetmusic.org/index.php?topic=4071.msg137863#msg137863

The link in my previous post was taken from my personal arrangement thread which hasn't been edited in over a year: http://forum.ninsheetmusic.org/index.php?topic=1848.msg42145#msg42145

And if you check the file info for the .mus file in Finale, last modified date is 6/12/2013.

For even more fun, check the file info in Finale for the .mus file on the site.

Quote from: Dude on December 31, 2015, 08:19:03 PMI mean it's entirely possible for you both to have similar looking sheets as it's the same song, right?
Yes and no. Everyone has their own personal style.

Olimar12345

Quote from: Deku Trombonist on December 31, 2015, 09:49:17 PMFor even more fun, check the file info in Finale for the .mus file on the site.

Shit. Condemned.

mikey

oh no :c
is there some mistake?  Like K-NiGhT downloaded yours for reference and accidentally submitted the wrong one?
unmotivated

Altissimo

regardless, what is with the recent rash of plagiarism or possible-plagiarism all over the place lmao

SlowPokemon

As much as I like K-NiGhT, I can't understand why anyone would blatantly plagiarize something to that extent. I could understand maybe borrowing the way things are phrased here and there, but it looks like he literally just used the exact same file. What the hell?
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

K-NiGhT

In which I explain myself to Latios
[11:47:31 AM] Latios212: What's up with the Dragon Quest sheet
[11:47:35 AM] Latios212: Is it some kind of misunderstanding?
[11:48:31 AM] Marty Balmer: yeah, in a way.
[11:49:29 AM] Marty Balmer: Deku left and I didn't want to let those sheets go to waste
[11:49:50 AM] Marty Balmer: Didn't feel comfortable uploading them in his name
[11:50:13 AM] Marty Balmer: You can take them off if you want. I don't want to stomp on any toes.
[11:50:39 AM] Latios212: Well, you could have told someone.
[11:50:48 AM] Latios212: We still occasionally post sheets of inactive members, with their permission.
[11:51:00 AM] Marty Balmer: idk :/
[11:51:06 AM] Latios212: I don't understand why you'd feel more comfortable putting your name on them.
[11:51:14 AM] Marty Balmer: I'll admit it wasn't a good move.
[11:51:52 AM] Marty Balmer: I'll accept any punishment necessary, since I'm leaving NSM this year.
[close]

In any case, yes. The accusations are true. It was a lapse in judgement on my part, and I apologize to Deku and anyone else affected.
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Olimar12345

Respect for posting that rather than disappearing. The arrangement has been removed from the site.

mikey

should we update the op correspondingly
unmotivated

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: Altissimo on January 01, 2016, 05:31:48 AMregardless, what is with the recent rash of plagiarism or possible-plagiarism all over the place lmao
A whopping... two cases. It's a pandemic in the making, I say!
In any case, I echo Olimar's statement. But I still must express that the plagiarism is terrible, and if future incidents occur we may want to implement some sort of anti plagiarism measures (if that's possible).
what is shitpost

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on January 01, 2016, 07:14:52 PMA whopping... two cases. It's a pandemic in the making, I say!
Well, two incidents in close proximity with a generally clean record beforehand is a bit different from the norm.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber