[DELETED] [N64] The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - "End Credits" (Replacement) by Zunawe

Started by Zeta, October 25, 2015, 06:11:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: The Legend of Zelda
Game: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Console: Nintendo 64
Title: End Credits
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Zunawe

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Edit (existing arranger remains)

Zunawe

Fixed the left hand of measure 160 because it bugged me. Also, I'd kinda like to revisit the runs in 171-174 because I never quite got the feeling that they were correct. No rush here, I just felt like it might be possible this needed another look over at some point. Also measure 160 bugged me.

Youtube
[close]

EDIT: Also, concerning the capitalization of evilsqueaky as an arranger name, I just checked a few sheets and it's capitalized in most of them, but it's pretty inconsistent. I just like consistencies.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Latios212

Oof, this takes up a lot of space and some measures are a lot more squished than others. Can we rework aesthetics and measure distribution, something like this perhaps?

Also your pdf seems to be brokeded
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Tobbeh99

First 4 measures are actually in 7/4, there is one beat more at the end. Listen and you'll hear that.

Measure 32: put a bracket to that triplet, makes it more clear when you got a group of both 16th's and triplets. 

Since it's such a long song, some rehearsal marks (part A,B,C,D etc.) might very useful.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Zunawe

Quote from: Latios212 on October 25, 2015, 06:39:32 PMOof, this takes up a lot of space and some measures are a lot more squished than others. Can we rework aesthetics and measure distribution, something like this perhaps?
I reworked the distributions trying to start major phrases on a new line when possible.
Quote from: Latios212 on October 25, 2015, 06:39:32 PMAlso your pdf seems to be brokeded
Fixded
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on October 25, 2015, 06:58:19 PMFirst 4 measures are actually in 7/4, there is one beat more at the end. Listen and you'll hear that.
I had given that to the "Rubato" at the beginning. In my head, it sounds like a mini fermata, but 7/4 could work for a literal interpretation of the pause if it's deemed better.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on October 25, 2015, 06:58:19 PMMeasure 32: put a bracket to that triplet, makes it more clear when you got a group of both 16th's and triplets.
Fixed
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on October 25, 2015, 06:58:19 PMSince it's such a long song, some rehearsal marks (part A,B,C,D etc.) might very useful.
Once all the rest of the formatting is done this might be a good idea.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

JDMEK5

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on October 25, 2015, 06:58:19 PMFirst 4 measures are actually in 7/4, there is one beat more at the end. Listen and you'll hear that.
This is what I did when I arranged it way back in the day but personally a fermata would work as well methinks. I wouldn't recommend rubato since the tempo doesn't actually change whatsoever here.

So my verdict: Either 7/4 or a fermata. Either one.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Zunawe

I like the fermata better. I'm not sure it was meant to be as rigid as an exact beat pause. But that's just me. Updated.

I program things

JDMEK5

Quote from: Zunawe on October 26, 2015, 04:18:27 PMI like the fermata better. I'm not sure it was meant to be as rigid as an exact beat pause. But that's just me. Updated.
I agree. I can imagine Koji Kondo desiring a fermata but having to use the actual beats for technical limitations in programming.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Zunawe

Added rehearsal marks. I'm no expert at placing those, so I'm open to suggestions.

I'd also like to expressly request that this not be accepted until at least one other person looks at measures 171-174. At this point, I've heard it so many times that I can't convince myself that they're wrong or right.

I program things

Tobbeh99

Here's some more feedback:

-A lot of the times where "Zelda's theme" appears your missing harmonies that I think could be added underneath the melody, I suggest reviewing these sections. These sections are:
measures: 25-40, 47-70, 148-161, 189-205

-measure 41-46: I think you should add some crescendos here.

-measure 88 & 106: you're missing a piano run, I think it could easily be added

-measures 101-105: In these measures new voices are introduced, I don't know if there is a way of incorporating them, I'm talking about the choir and the synth-soprano voice. They are very stark, and kind of important.

-measures 115-126: I think the fade-out occurs earlier. It starts dim. in from m.115 and is down in like p in measure 119. Then continues to dim. even more till m.121 where it's down to like pp, and after that in measures 124-126 fades to nothing.

-measure 179: maybe have octaves as the low timpani notes for more power to them.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Bespinben

To maintain the consistency of our weekly updates, Team Updater maintains a rigid policy of deleting submissions that have not responded to the latest feedback within 1 month's time. No hard feelings!
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday