News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

What instrument do you play?

Started by PseudoMario16, May 27, 2008, 04:30:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What instrument do you play???

Trumpet
6 (11.1%)
French Horn
1 (1.9%)
Baritone (Euphonium)
2 (3.7%)
Tuba
0 (0%)
Trombone
4 (7.4%)
Alto Sax
4 (7.4%)
Tenor Sax
1 (1.9%)
Bari Sax
2 (3.7%)
Bassoon
1 (1.9%)
Clarinet
9 (16.7%)
Bass Clarinet
1 (1.9%)
Flute
2 (3.7%)
Oboe
0 (0%)
Piccolo
0 (0%)
Vioin
8 (14.8%)
Viola
2 (3.7%)
Cello
5 (9.3%)
String bass
0 (0%)
Bass guitar
4 (7.4%)
Guitar/electric Guitar
14 (25.9%)
Piano
45 (83.3%)
Percussion (all)
8 (14.8%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Dudeman

Pro tip: Type a post. Look at post. Identify swears. Delete swears. Post.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mastersuperfan

Quote from: JDMEK5 on December 01, 2015, 09:48:09 AMOh and I can't whistle using my mouth. That being said I can do clean and fast 16th-triplets by snapping.

One year ago, I couldn't whistle with my mouth at all.

Eleven months ago, I was whistling perfectly every chance I got.

You should try to learn; it felt very rewarding once I was able to consistently hold a pitch, and now I whistle all the time. I love it. ^.^

On the other hand, I just can't learn to snap...
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

braix

I tried learning how to whistle, but I couldn't do it. Snapping though came really easily for me
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Altissimo

Quote from: ShadowChords on December 01, 2015, 04:28:34 PMI do it because it helps me. I deal with lots of anger on a daily basis, and cursing seems to nullify my anger. If I wasn't a gratuitous curser then I'd probably be that kid who starts fights and does vandalism.

mikey

I can snap with both hands
I can also whistle nonstop by whistling while blowing in and out (it gets annoying though)
"I play the drum"
unmotivated

ShadowChords

I can arrange for quartets and quintets. I'm willing to review any Pokemon arrangement.

And here's my YT channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MansionXx

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

JDMEK5

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 01, 2015, 06:54:34 PMI tried learning how to whistle, but I couldn't do it. Snapping though came really easily for me
This was me. And is me.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

mastersuperfan

How the heck do you guys all snap

I learned how to whistle no problem but snapping is utterly impossible ;_;
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Sebastian

I can snap with all fingers except my pointers. I also learned how to make 7 sounds with my hands simultaneously XD

Altissimo

Can't whistle, but I can (kinda) snap with my left hand. Got no idea why I can't do it with my right, that's my dominant hand.

mikey

Quote from: mastersuperfan on December 03, 2015, 01:39:25 PMHow the heck do you guys all snap

place your hand out palm up.  Touch your palm with your pinky and ring finger.  Your middle finger will naturally bend in.  Touch the bottom of the top digit of your middle finger with your thumb.  Feel that bone?  Good.  That's where your thumbtip should be.  Now, press the middle finger and thumb together very hard.  Now, slowly slide your thumb out towards the pointer finger while firmly closing your middle finger into your palm.  Do this last step quickly enough and you should hear a snapping sound.  This is the sound of your middle finger temorarily dislocating itself and realigning itself in the matter of a second.
unmotivated

Yug_Guy

Quote from: mastersuperfan on December 03, 2015, 01:39:25 PMHow the heck do you guys all snap
Protip: Lick the tip of your middle finger first, it makes it much easier to practice. That's how I learned!

JDMEK5

I literally learned to snap when I was 8 and it was in the middle of the night when I couldn't sleep and I just started practicing subconsciously and suddenly got it and ran to tell my mom XD I learned on my ring finger though and couldn't use my middle finger for the longest time.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26