Series: Other
Game: Undertale
Console: PC
Title: Tem Shop
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Yug Guy

Yug_Guy

BrainyLucario

Nice job, Yug_Guy! I love this song and am very pleased that it has finally been arranged for the site.
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

Sebastian

Hey! Nice Job!
- I'm not sure about those staccatos on the tied notes. Alas, I've had zero experience with staccatos on tied notes.
- Maybe some grace notes? It sounds like they could be on every tied quarter and quarter.
- The formatting could use a little tweaking. I can do it for you if you like?

Great Job!

Bespinben

I'm not getting kind the same kind of "derp" feeling from your arrangement that is prominent in the OST. Perhaps some chromatic neighboring tones as acciaccatura should do the trick? Try it out.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Yug_Guy

Quote from: mariolegofan on December 15, 2015, 11:00:16 AM- I'm not sure about those staccatos on the tied notes. Alas, I've had zero experience with staccatos on tied notes.
I was thinking about that as I uploaded this. I might get rid of them, but I still haven't fully decided yet.

Quote from: mariolegofan on December 15, 2015, 11:00:16 AM- Maybe some grace notes? It sounds like they could be on every tied quarter and quarter.
Makes sense. I'll see what I can do.

Quote from: mariolegofan on December 15, 2015, 11:00:16 AM- The formatting could use a little tweaking. I can do it for you if you like?
Yeah, Notepad formatting is always a little off. It'd be great if someone could fix it for me!

Quote from: Bespinben on December 15, 2015, 03:52:00 PMI'm not getting kind the same kind of "derp" feeling from your arrangement that is prominent in the OST. Perhaps some chromatic neighboring tones as acciaccatura should do the trick? Try it out.
*googles "acciaccatura"*
Oh, you mean like mlf suggested? I guess. Other than that, I can't really think of any way to make the song more "derpy." It's literally two voices, there's not a whole lot of wiggle room given.

I'll get to this soon, depending on how busy I get with finals. We'll see what happens.  :P

FireArrow

You should never have staccatos on tied notes, just get rid of the eighth note and make it an eight rest. If it still doesn't sound short enough, you can staccato the resulting quarter note.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

McDucky

BrainyLucario

When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

Yug_Guy

Updated the links.

I tried playing around with acciaccatura like Bespinben suggested, but I wasn't completely satisfied with it. I also deleted a bunch of staccatos from the right hand (mostly from tied notes).

Tobbeh99

You can look at my splatoon arrangement for some inspiration on acciaccaturas. I suggest using them before long notes.

Also the measure distribution: Just do 4 systems with 4 measures.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Yug_Guy

So my biggest problem with acciaccaturas was that the parts of the songs punctuated by them would be ruined by anything that didn't have them. So I toyed around with putting as many of them into the right hand as possible. This is the result

I wanna get your opinion's on this before I decide to update the OP. I don't think it's by any means perfect, but if enough people like it then I'll work it into my arrangement.

Also, I can't do system formatting in Notepad, and I can't figure out how to do it in Musescore, so I'll have to do that later.

Tobbeh99

I think that's better, better with grace notes than without IMO.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Olimar12345

Quote from: Olimar12345 on December 30, 2015, 06:55:49 PMWith this now being an official project, EVERYONE REMOVE YOUR UNDERTALE SUBMISSIONS AND INSTEAD POST THEM HERE.

Free up your submissions for other pieces and get your Undertale arrangements all in one spot here:

http://forum.ninsheetmusic.org/index.php?topic=7974.0
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Yug_Guy

Quote from: Olimar12345 on December 30, 2015, 08:31:07 PMFree up your submissions for other pieces and get your Undertale arrangements all in one spot here:

http://forum.ninsheetmusic.org/index.php?topic=7974.0
Whoops! Let me take care of that real quick...