News:

New to the site? Introduce yourself here!

Main Menu

Request: Collection of intermediate music

Started by Poder, December 17, 2015, 06:02:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poder

Hello, Im wondering if it is possible to have a category or similar containing music for those who are not advanced piano players yet, but want to learn along with nintendo music. As I have discovered this site fairly recently, I'm not sure if there is a lot of lower-level piano music at all, but it doesn't hurt to ask.  :)

braix

If you dig around a bit, there should be a lot of arragments in varied difficulty.
Also say you want to play a song but it's too difficult for you. Just take away some octaves, leave out a voice, etc. No shame in that.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Altissimo

We don't really categorize the arrangements based on difficulty, unfortunately. But like braix said, if you look around enough there is a great difference in difficulty level. What franchises are you interested in playing music from?

Tobbeh99

A "difficulty setting" has been discussed before, but it seemed to difficult to implement due to difficulty being subjective, and also there seem to be a lack of interest for it.
An idea of "easy versions" arrangements has also been discussed/is being discussed, that seems more promising than the above in terms of interest. However it is not something that will happen very soon; if the idea becomes reality it'll take time to implement it to our site/submission system.

Links to these topics:

Difficulty setting: http://forum.ninsheetmusic.org/index.php?topic=5862.0
Easy versions: http://forum.ninsheetmusic.org/index.php?topic=7151.0

My recommendation is that you simplify the sheet by yourself. Pick the songs you want to learn, and then simplify the parts which are too difficult.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Poder

Thanks for quick answers!

Quote from: Altissimo on December 17, 2015, 07:37:49 AMWhat franchises are you interested in playing music from?

Im mainly thinking about music from the mario kart, galaxy and the donkey kong country series. But just about anything cinematic and not too happy style-ish.

mikey

The SMG Credits theme from the Alfred book is really great
unmotivated

Latios212

Our newly replaced "Egg Planet" from Super Mario Galaxy is pretty sweet; sounds great on a piano, I just tried it. (Thanks MLF!)
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Onionleaf

Oh yes, it does take a while to find sheet music with your preferred difficulty level. While browsing the extensive sheet music library, I find that boss & battle themes are usually the trickiest to play and I generally avoid songs with a fast tempo.

What others have said is definitely true, it's possible to simplify the arrangement by taking away octaves, awkward jumps, etc. I often have pencil marks on my printed sheets where I'm crossing off notes and moving them around. :P

When I was here last (a couple of years ago), a mother requested some simple piano arrangements for her kids to play while they're learning, it was great fun to make those for them. :) If you have a specific sheet in mind that you would like to be simplified, I'm sure it would be a piece of cake for many here, you just need to ask. (Well, I don't know about everyone else, but I would be keen to help knock the difficulty level down for a requested sheet.)

Poder

I checked out the egg planet arrangement, and it still does sadly look a tiny bit too complicated. I will give it a try though, as it is one of my favorites. Onionleaf, I would love an arrangement of the galaxy medley from smash 4 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TX5PfnGqAvo) or the "twisted mansion" from super mario kart 8, though I haven't found them on this site yet. If any of you have been using the collection of easy piano music from zelda (alfreds music), that is about my current level

braix

If you'd like, I can try to simplify Egg Planet for you
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Sebastian

Quote from: Latios212 on December 17, 2015, 03:10:26 PMOur newly replaced "Egg Planet" from Super Mario Galaxy is pretty sweet; sounds great on a piano, I just tried it. (Thanks MLF!)
👍

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: Onionleaf on December 18, 2015, 03:08:42 AM(Well, I don't know about everyone else, but I would be keen to help knock the difficulty level down for a requested sheet.)
Same here!
"I'm always here to help. Except when I'm not." ~Latios212

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

Poder

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 18, 2015, 07:28:40 AMIf you'd like, I can try to simplify Egg Planet for you

Appreciate the offer, but after practicing for a few hours I do think I actually might be able to accomplish egg planet. I am for the most of the time using the piano to compose rough sketches for my own songs which I later orchestrate, so I'm not very used to sight reading. The sheet music only looked a bit intimidating at first glance, but turned out to not be that hard (except for the harmonized melody towards the end, which I will remove) when I were able to break it down. haha

But back to the topic: If I say in the future would like to make some simple arrangements of various songs, can we maybe like at least make a super thread for it or something if making it official would lower the standard of this great site?

Bubbles

BrainyLucario

You should also watch out for songs with second voices in them until you start to get better at playing some of the complex songs. Second voices can have you playing notes while keeping certain notes held down and can be a real pain to learn.

An example of a second voice would be a song that has a 4/4 time signature and includes a measure that has a whole note  alnog with other notes in the same measure.
The song I'm working on actually has multiple voices in it voices in it..."Here is a pdf version of it" If you haven't saw what they look like when they are in sheet music.
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.