Deciding the Next Official Arrangement Project Topic [TIEBREAKER VOTING CLOSED]

Started by Olimar12345, December 18, 2015, 10:55:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olimar12345

Borrowing from Don here:

Quote from: DonValentino on July 04, 2015, 01:52:15 PMThis is a topic to discuss which game should be featured for the next Arrangement Project. Here's a breakdown of the steps we'll be following:
  • Every user shall nominate a single game so it is added to the poll. If possible, it'd be nice if you could explain why you chose that game, it could always convince other users to pick your option!
  • Once we reach 15 game nominations, the poll will open to voting. Every user can vote up to 3 options. Past 10 days, it will be closed, and the game with most votes will be the one chosen for the next AP. If there are more than one games with the same number of votes, a second round will take place with just those games.
  • Another topic will be created specifically for the AP in question.
You may also nominate an Unofficial Arrangement Project, so I'll start things off by nominating the Minecraft Unofficial Arrangement Project.
The nomination period has ended.

Nominees are listed below:

-Minecraft
-Undertale
-Super Mario 3D World
-Pokémon Gold/Silver/Crystal
-The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
-Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse
-The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
-Super Smash Bros. Melee
-Mario Kart 8
-Pokemon Diamond, Pearl and Platinum.
-Mega Man 2
-Yoshi's Woolly World
-Super Paper Mario
-Fire Emblem Awakening
-Rhythm Heaven

READ THIS ENTIRE POST

Okay, so here's how voting will happen this time around. To submit a vote, PM me a message with the subject [Next Official Arrangement Project Vote], containing your top two game choices. If you only want to vote for one game, that's fine too, but you can't use your two votes on the same game (similar to how a normal poll would work). In order to prevent inactives or people who have little to no intentions of helping from skewing the results away from the arranger's interest, any arranger who has at least one arrangement hosted on the site will have their vote count twice. That way there's more of a chance that arranges who actually plan to help out get the project they would enjoy. And I specify "on the site" because that means they have shown that they are capable of working up to the NSM standard.

Quote from: Olimar12345 on December 20, 2015, 04:46:07 PMALSO

In order to confuse things less, NO SWITCHING YOUR VOTES. (This wouldn't be an option in a normal poll anyway, but here is the obligatory post of me saying it anyway)

Voting will be open until this time.

[Voting Results]

[Tiebreaker Voting Rules & Info]

[Epic Tiebreaker Results]

GO!
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

TheMarioPianist

Well, based on the fact that Undertale seems to taken a lot of popularity, that will probably be the winning game. I'll still nominate Super Mario 3D World just for the heck of it.
"I'm always here to help. Except when I'm not." ~Latios212

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

Yug_Guy

Boy, this has been a long time coming...
I would like to nominate Undertale for the next Official Arrangement Project.

While I could talk about the games amazing soundtrack, or the impact the game has had on the gaming community as a whole, there's one thing setting this game apart from others.

That thing being our UNOFFICIAL Undertale Arrangement Project. This project has so far accumulated 25 project contributors, 42 songs currently being worked on, 15 other songs currently in our Submissions board right now, and 14 songs accepted to the main site.

There is clearly enough interest to support an Undertale Arrangement Project, and hopefully the amount of time it takes to finish said project is dramatically lowered thanks to the head start we've received.

As I'm writing this I realized I got ninja'd. Oh well.

Altissimo

I'm sure Undertale is gonna win, but I may as well throw my vote for the Pokémon Gold/Silver/Crystal unofficial project in. If nothing else, that one has a lot of sheets already arranged (with the exceptions being small stuff), so it shouldn't actually take terribly long to finish.

Dudeman

I'll kickstart Noc's project and nominate The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Tobbeh99

I'm going to ignore all the popular unofficial projects and nominate a game that I like and that I think a lot of other people like as well:

Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse
Soundtrack

honorable mentions:
Shadows of the Colossus
Contra III: the Ailien Wars

Reasons why to vote for Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse

-It's a classic title with many great songs as Beginning, Aquarius, Clockwork and many others.
-The game being an NES title with 8-bit sound quality makes fairly easy to arrange, so most people can pick up a song they like and arrange it, you don't need to be an expert arranger to arrange songs from the game.
-The soundtrack has a good size, around 25 songs, not too big not too small.
-We have 0 songs from the game on site.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

mikey

I nominate Wind Waker!  Turns out the game has 133 tracks and an official ost released on 2 discs.
unmotivated

Bespinben

Nominate: Super Smash Bros Melee

...and Wind Waker will definitely get a vote if we have multiple votes
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Sebastian

E. Gadd Industries

I'd like to agree with mlf. I'd be of no assistance in a project centered around Undertale, although I'd like to be part of one.
I would say Super Mario Sunshine, but that OST has less songs available.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

AwesomeYears

Dang, New Leaf arrangement project over already? Oh well, maybe Maylay will be next...

Spoiler
It's 99% not going to be...
[close]

Bubbles

I understand some people's complaining, but it would make sense for Undertale to be the next project. It's fairly new and everyone's still hyped about it so it'd probably get done fairly fast from everyone's motivation

Olimar12345

Updating the op momentarily.

Lol the people who don't want undertale should all band together and agree to vote for the same thing to rival undertale. Or at least that would be the most entertaining to watch.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!