Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Undertale
Console: PC
Title: Undertale
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: BrainyLucario

BrainyLucario

Still might need a lot of work,but feel free to leave feedback!
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

Tobbeh99

I'm having problem opening your pdf-files, that goes for the splatoon submission too. Maybe see if you can fix that.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

BrainyLucario

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on December 22, 2015, 03:59:20 PMI'm having problem opening your pdf-files, that goes for the splatoon submission too. Maybe see if you can fix that.
How do you even save pdf files?? I think I am saving them wrong...

Tobbeh99

I print them to the desktop using a pdf-creator program. You can also export, but I recommend printing pdfs.
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

BrainyLucario

I might have fixed it, but i'm not too sure... I really don't know what pdf-creator program to use for this..

Tobbeh99

Still doesn't work :(

I'm using pdf Architect, but I used Adobe before and both works fine. I don't know why it doesn't work. I mean it's just to export or print and then upload the file. I also wonder what you mean by "don't know how to save pdf files", just save them on your desktop or in any other file folder.

10/10 tobbeh

E. Gadd Industries

I'll help you out. I tried using CutiePDF, but then found out you had to have a license. So, I just export as a .XML to MuseScore (great program, btw, and it's free), fix the formatting errors, and save the file as a .MID and .PDF
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

BrainyLucario

PDF has been fixed thanks to E. Gadd Industries help!!

Onionleaf

I use PDFLite to save PDF files. You simply select the Print option in any program (like Finale) and "PDFLite" shows up in the list of printers. Click on it, choose where you want to have the file saved, and voila! You have a PDF file. :)

I had a quick look at your arrangement and noted a few suggestions (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong):
  • Try to follow the same note beaming throughout the sheet. Starting from m. 13, the topmost layer in the left-hand should have the same beaming as you have before this in the right-hand (dotted quaver + beamed semi-quaver & quaver + quaver).
  • m. 13-20 is actually repeated three times, so your first ending (m. 20) needs to have 1,2 and m. 21 ending should have the number 3.
  • Starting from m. 22, I'd probably change the accompaniment to show the extra strings that are introduced at that point.
  • I'm not sure what the updaters will think of the chords in the right-hand that begin in m. 38. It adds variety but I can't seem to hear them in the original track in that particular section (m. 38-52). I'm really not sure how much we're allowed to improvise. *shrugs*
  • I also don't hear a chord playing in m. 5 onwards on those main beats (where you have A flat and C). If you'd like to emphasise those notes, then you could maybe add tenutos?
  • Minor things: Make your expressive text bolded, and don't forget to fix the typo in "Everything". Also look through to make sure that nothing overlaps (eg. m 16, 41 and 49), but that could be left last, plus you use Notepad so it might be best to leave someone with Finale to fix up this minor stuff.
  • The two crotchet rests in m. 29 should be a minim rest. (Or was one of them moved up from the left hand? If so, move it back down to the correct position)

But all-in-all, it's sounding lovely! :)

BrainyLucario

Quote from: Onionleaf on December 23, 2015, 12:31:51 AMI use PDFLite to save PDF files. You simply select the Print option in any program (like Finale) and "PDFLite" shows up in the list of printers. Click on it, choose where you want to have the file saved, and voila! You have a PDF file. :)

I had a quick look at your arrangement and noted a few suggestions (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong):
  • m. 13-20 is actually repeated three times, so your first ending (m. 20) needs to have 1,2 and m. 21 ending should have the number 3.
  • I'm not sure what the updaters will think of the chords in the right-hand that begin in m. 38. It adds variety but I can't seem to hear them in the original track in that particular section (m. 38-52). I'm really not sure how much we're allowed to improvise. *shrugs*
  • I also don't hear a chord playing in m. 5 onwards on those main beats (where you have A flat and C). If you'd like to emphasise those notes, then you could maybe add tenutos?
  • The two crotchet rests in m. 29 should be a minim rest. (Or was one of them moved up from the left hand? If so, move it back down to the correct position)

But all-in-all, it's sounding lovely! :)
1.I don't know if i can do that
2.I believe they are there... I mean there are so many voices in the piece that it's hard to pick up on everything
3.i listened to it with an earbud to where i could distinctly hear the bass by only putting one earbud in.... I still may be wrong though
4. I think you told me the wrong measure

Typo has been fixed, however i don;t know how to bold this.

Tobbeh99

I wonder what pdf-program do you use? Also you might wan't to check if you got an old version of it, and if that's the case, update it might solve some issues.

10/10 tobbeh

BrainyLucario

Onionleaf

Quote from: BrainyLucario on December 23, 2015, 02:16:21 AM1.I don't know if i can do that
I haven't used Finale Notepad in a while, so I can't recall whether it's possible to customise repeat signs. If you use Finale it should be fairly straightforward to change the numbers of the endings. (Just let us know if you'd like someone to do that for you)

Quote4. I think you told me the wrong measure
Whoops, my bad! I was talking about m. 31. :)

QuoteTypo has been fixed, however i don;t know how to bold this.
Again, I haven't had Notepad in a while, but you should (hopefully) be able to bold the text by highlighting it, then in the toolbar, select Text > Style > Bold.

BrainyLucario

BTW: What's a Quaver? and a semi-quaver?

Edit: Fixed the rests in measure 31!
Bolded  the text